2010 Predictions

My predictions:

1) Boone Co and Conner come out of the 33rd district.

2) St Henry and Dixie come out of the 34th district with Dixie reclaiming the title as district champs.

3) Holmes and Covcath come out of the 35th with Holmes making it 4 straight trips to Rupp.

4) Newport upsets Newcath in the blind draw district and loses to Highlands in a rematch in the district championship.

5) Division I POY- Ricardo Johnson (Holmes) , Division II POY: Anthony Luther (Newport), Division III POY- John Pohlgeers (Beechwood)

6) Jake Thelen leads the area in scoring.

7) NKAC Division winners: DI- Holmes DII- Highlands DIII- Beechwood

8) Ricardo Johnson, Jeremiah Johnson, Elijah Pittman, Anthony Luther, Stephen Kowlonek, Mike Gabbard, and Jake Thelen all receive all state honors at the end of the year.

My predictions:

Region semi-finals will consist of Boone, Holmes, 36th district winner, Dixie

The 9th region will send out their referees and replace them with diffrent referees for regional play...thank goodness!

A winter storm will cause serious disruption to the schedule, and some seeded games will have to be played at inoppertune times, or will end up being decided by a coin flip.

Dixie will feel like "State Champs".....(just kidding)......but will get two wins on the same day as they play Villa at noon, and the Austrialian National Team later that night.

NKAC: Dayton or Villa will win Division III (this has not been done this decade)

Newport or NCC will win Division II (Brossart has a outside chance)

Holmes will win Division I

The new year will get kicked off in the right way because on two day into it (Jan 2nd) we are treated with some great games:

Scott @ Brossart

Holmes @ Mason Co.

and there are several others

Let the NEW YEAR RING!!!

How come the last few years both the 9th and 16th are all excited about getting rid of their officials come tourney time, but always complain after it happens or their team loses.:D

Just for fun here are some 2010 Bball Predictions:

Holmes will win the 9th Region, but will not repeat as state Champs

Either NewCath or Highlands will not make it to the Regional

Bryan from Villa will be the scoring leader

Holy Cross will average less than 36 points a game

St. Henry will win their distirct (somehow)

Ryle will not make it to the Regional Tourn

CovCath will narrowly lose to Holmes in the District Finals

Boone will win their district, but lose first round of Regionals to either Newport or NewCath

Never again will both CovCath Radio and The Old Guy both miss a CovCath Varsity bball game!

At least 10 post will start out .. " I don't want to blame the loss on the officials..but"

At least 5 Highlands bball threads will end up talking about Highlands Football

Any others with predictions for 2010?

These are pretty good.

My predictions:

2) St Henry and Dixie come out of the 34th district with Dixie reclaiming the title as district champs.

3) Holmes and Covcath come out of the 35th with Holmes making it 4 straight trips to Rupp.

4) Newport upsets Newcath in the blind draw district and loses to Highlands in a rematch in the district championship.

5) Division I POY- Ricardo Johnson (Holmes) , Division II POY: Anthony Luther (Newport), Division III POY- John Pohlgeers (Beechwood)

8) Ricardo Johnson, Jeremiah Johnson, Elijah Pittman, Anthony Luther, Stephen Kowlonek, Mike Gabbard, and Jake Thelen all receive all state honors at the end of the year.

No chance Highlands wins Division II -They have already lost twice to Newport and Brossart. There is no way that Brossart, NCC, Newport will all loose three games. Brossart and Newport would have the tie breaker over Highlands if it ended in a tie.

My predictions:

I don't see this happening because neither Beuttel nor Romes won it last year.

No chance Highlands wins Division II -They have already lost twice to Newport and Brossart. There is no way that Brossart, NCC, Newport will all loose three games. Brossart and Newport would have the tie breaker over Highlands if it ended in a tie.

True...forgot all about Brossart being DII.

I'm going to say Brossart wins DII then. I think they'll beat both Newcath and Newport.

Two predictions:

1- the 9th region tournament will be won by Holmes, NCC, Highlands or Boone Co.

I can't see anyone else getting the job done.

If it were played 10 times Holmes would win-6, NCC-2, HHS-1 and BOCO-1.

Not really splitting the atom with this prediction, just my thoughts.

2- Ernie Liggett will call traveling on someone somewhere.

• 1 month later...
Just for fun here are some 2010 Bball Predictions:

Holmes will win the 9th Region, but will not repeat as state Champs Still Good

Either NewCath or Highlands will not make it to the Regional .. Still good

Bryan from Villa will be the scoring leader Still good

Holy Cross will average less than 36 points a game Missed on this one

St. Henry will win their distirct (somehow) Still have hopes

Ryle will not make it to the Regional Tourn I don't think this looks good

CovCath will narrowly lose to Holmes in the District Finals Other than the narrowly part I still agree

Boone will win their district, but lose first round of Regionals to either Newport or NewCath Still like this prediction

Never again will both CovCath Radio and The Old Guy both miss a CovCath Varsity bball game! No comment necessary

At least 10 post will start out .. " I don't want to blame the loss on the officials..but" Maybe worded differently, but I was too low

At least 5 Highlands bball threads will end up talking about Highlands Football too low

Any others with predictions for 2010?

Reviewing my predictions 6 weeks later... some I still feel good about, others not so much. See Bolded above