Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 60 Highlands 38

Featured Replies

Why was Highlands missing so many players?

 

Grote played, but was hampered by injury. Kowolonek was out with a knee injury I believe. And Grubbs was out of town for the holidays.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newport can not control who play's for thier opponent nor can they control the polls. Just have to keep beating whoever the other team put's out there!

 

Very true!

Does Highlands have more players who miss games / practices due to other reasons than any other school in the state?

 

I'm not downplaying the importance of spending time with your family during the holidays, nor do I know the young man's situation.

 

But, between Christmas & spring break, I'm surprised that Highlands can field anything other than a football team.

I know the holidays are important but I haven't heard many stories of players missing varsity action due to the holidays. Must be a special situation for the young man.

I know the holidays are important but I haven't heard many stories of players missing varsity action due to the holidays. Must be a special situation for the young man.

 

I heard he was spending Christmas with his mother who lives out of state.

I know the holidays are important but I haven't heard many stories of players missing varsity action due to the holidays. Must be a special situation for the young man.

 

Sometimes there are more important things than basketball .

Sometimes there are more important things than basketball .

 

I agree.:thumb:

I think Highlands will recover and still have a great season.

 

Grubbs kid is a beast, he is a better basketball player than most people give him credit for. It is interesting to see how other teams try to defend him. He really has a nice soft touch around the basket. I would not want to take a charge from him.

Sometimes there are more important things than basketball .

 

As Kenny Shields always said "God, Family, School and Basketball",

in that order.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.