Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 76 Gonzaga 41

Featured Replies

  • Author
Not a fan of Duke and don't think they are that great period. I could name 10 teams I think are better.

The bolded is the important part...and you'd be thinking wrong.

I disagree with you.

 

UConn is a long and athletic team and Duke rolled them.

 

You need a very fundamental team, that is very efficient (Bo Ryan).

 

Now, that is not saying that Kansas, Kentucky, or Texas would lose. But if you're not as talented as Duke, that is the method you need to use. No point of running with Duke whenever they are so good from the perimeter. Don't need to give them many possessions because they are very good offensively.

 

Wisconsin wasn't lucky. They just played more efficient and played more fundamentally against Duke.

 

You left out with a consistent offense. UConn couldn't score at all against Duke. In all honesty, if they played Duke they way they played UK, they likely would have beaten Duke.

 

I personally don't think this Duke team is as talented as Duke teams from the past few years. This team actually appears to be a more fundemental team and possibly even a more complete team than those that were more talented, though.

 

We'll have to agree to disagree. Wisconsin lost to Green Bay, they got lucky against Duke.

With that said, a team like Kentucky, Duke, Carolina, etc. could beat Duke because they're long, talented, and explosive.

But my general idea was for teams that aren't as talented - Wisconsin, Gonzaga, teams of that nature.

 

UK is definitely a better team than Duke in every area. If this game happens and Duke wins, it'll be because of UK's youth and inexerience. I really hope this game doesn't take place this year. :isurrender:

 

Carolina isn't better than Duke.:cool:

 

Duke is always capable of beating themselves.:D

UK is definitely a better team than Duke in every area. If this game happens and Duke wins, it'll be because of UK's youth and inexerience. I really hope this game doesn't take place this year. :isurrender:

 

Carolina isn't better than Duke.:cool:

 

Duke is always capable of beating themselves.:D

 

You still think Duke is "Sweet 16 bound and then home"???

:lol: :laugh: I'll give you 5. Maybe.

 

Kansas, Kentucky, Texas, Villanova .... I'm struggling with coming up with anymore. People will say Purdue but Duke beat the same team @ Purdue by double digits last year, it wasnt even close.

 

:lol: You really just used a game from last year in your argument?

Gonzaga isn't the first team to get rolled by Duke at MSG. They are awesome there.

You still think Duke is "Sweet 16 bound and then home"???

 

Yes. For the time being anyways. I am still holding my enthusiasm in for next year's team.

 

I may change my mind after I actually see the brackets and the matchups, but I don't have a lot of faith in this team to actually make the Final Four, let alone compete for the National Championship.

:lol: You really just used a game from last year in your argument?

 

Why not? There's nothing else to compare with. Purdue is basically the same team and Duke replaced Henderson with Andre Dawkins.

 

Playing @ Purdue and beating them by 17 (rough estimate, too lazy to look up :lol: ) last year, I don't believe Purdue has gotten 17 points better with this years team or Duke has gotten 17 points worse...

 

Thats just my opinion.

Why not? There's nothing else to compare with. Purdue is basically the same team and Duke replaced Henderson with Andre Dawkins.

 

Playing @ Purdue and beating them by 17 (rough estimate, too lazy to look up :lol: ) last year, I don't believe Purdue has gotten 17 points better with this years team or Duke has gotten 17 points worse...

 

Thats just my opinion.

:ohbrother:

 

No way that Purdue could have had an off day or Duke just played really well that day?

:ohbrother:

 

No way that Purdue could have had an off day or Duke just played really well that day?

 

It's possible, but no way to know. Just going off stats alone and my personal opinion. Do you have a way to prove they are better than Duke?

It's possible, but no way to know. Just going off stats alone and my personal opinion. Do you have a way to prove they are better than Duke?

 

I'm just saying it's a bit ridiculous to use the game last year for your argument as to which team is better this year.

 

Purdue and Duke both lost in the Sweet 16 last year :lol:

Is Duke that good or was Gonzaga over hyped? I think the Zags were a little hyped up.

This.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.