Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colerain, OH 68 Simon Kenton 47

Featured Replies

Score as reported by Cincinnati.com.

 

Personally, I don't believe it. I find it hard to believe that Colerain could beat anyone by 20+ points. But I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.

 

Was anyone there and care to give a brief recap?

 

Thanks!

 

-CardinalsFan

Score as reported by Cincinnati.com.

 

Personally, I don't believe it. I find it hard to believe that Colerain could beat anyone by 20+ points. But I wasn't there so I can't say for sure.

 

Was anyone there and care to give a brief recap?

 

Thanks!

 

-CardinalsFan

 

I left at halftime of the game and while I wasn't there at the end, SK was getting beat rather handily when I left, so the final score did not surprise me one bit!

 

The Cardinals were beating SK to every loose ball, on the boards and were just much, much quicker that SK.

 

As I said in the CovCath/Franklin County game thread the CovCath vs FC game was the only good game of the three that I watched!

I expected this game would be a challenge but never thought we would be blown out. SK has put up 75+ points twice so far, so I have to say I'm suprised they were held to 47 today but I no nothing about Colerain hoops. (outside of Listerman being their coach)

Colerain looked more prepared than did SK. Game was a no doubter from the start.

 

BOK Sunday 056.jpg

 

BOK Sunday 066.jpg

 

BOK Sunday 070.jpg

 

BOK Sunday 069.jpg

  • Author
I expected this game would be a challenge but never thought we would be blown out. SK has put up 75+ points twice so far, so I have to say I'm suprised they were held to 47 today but I no nothing about Colerain hoops. (outside of Listerman being their coach)

Kevin Higgins is the Head Coach, not Listerman.

 

Colerain hoops, generally, are not very good. One of the team goals this year is to finish over .500 and to finish in the top half of the league. If they are able to do that, that would be very impressive.

 

Sounds good for my Cards. Seems like they hustled, played hard and were well prepared. Good to see.

 

-CardinalsFan

Kevin Higgins is the coach? Is Listerman still there in any capacity?

I was looking at Colerain's website to see if Listerman was still there & found this on the front page of their athletics website:

 

Athletic Scholarships

 

There are scholarships available for Student Athletes. Please visit the Athletic Scholarship board in the Athletic Office. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Davis in the Athletic Office.

 

If you are a student athlete that is planning on participating in sports at the Division I or Division II collegiate level, you need to register with the NCAA Clearinghouse at the end of your junior year to establish eligibility. You should be working very closely with your coaches and counselor to make sure that you are on track academically and athletically. Please notify Mrs. Young if you are interested in more information ([email protected] or 741-5067).

 

What exactly does this mean?

 

http://nwlsd.web1.schoolpointe.com/school_cpages.aspx?schoolid=2&cid=156

Two things doomed SK; 1. the Colerain's quickness and use of press and 2. Colerain's offensive rebounding or SK's lack of defensive rebounding. SK was outsized but just didn't body up enough on the glass as Colerain got second and third chances in the paint. Stat of the game; Colerain takes 36 field goals in the first half to SK's 14.

 

http://www.skpioneers.blogspot.com

At one time SK was up 12-9, next thing I know it's 30-12. During that time, I dont know if SK got a shot up. Press really bothered them.

  • Author
I was looking at Colerain's website to see if Listerman was still there & found this on the front page of their athletics website:

 

Athletic Scholarships

 

There are scholarships available for Student Athletes. Please visit the Athletic Scholarship board in the Athletic Office. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Davis in the Athletic Office.

 

If you are a student athlete that is planning on participating in sports at the Division I or Division II collegiate level, you need to register with the NCAA Clearinghouse at the end of your junior year to establish eligibility. You should be working very closely with your coaches and counselor to make sure that you are on track academically and athletically. Please notify Mrs. Young if you are interested in more information ([email protected] or 741-5067).

 

What exactly does this mean?

 

http://nwlsd.web1.schoolpointe.com/school_cpages.aspx?schoolid=2&cid=156

Uh, I think it means that there are athletic scholarships available at Division I and Division II colleges and if students are interested in those scholarships, there are certain steps they need to take to make themselves eligible to do so.

 

Seems pretty straight-forward to me. Am I missing something? :idunno:

 

-CF

Uh, I think it means that there are athletic scholarships available at Division I and Division II colleges and if students are interested in those scholarships, there are certain steps they need to take to make themselves eligible to do so.

 

Seems pretty straight-forward to me. Am I missing something? :idunno:

 

-CF

 

:laugh: What is the deal with Colerain bball? I don't know to much about the school other than football. I think we all know that they have talent on the football field, do any of those athletes even attempt bball?

This score really surprises me. I saw Colerain in a scrimmage against Scott earlier in the year and they weren't very impressive at all. Athletic bunch but lacked size.

  • Author
:laugh: What is the deal with Colerain bball? I don't know to much about the school other than football. I think we all know that they have talent on the football field, do any of those athletes even attempt bball?

Colerain basketball hasn't been relevant in almost 20 years. We are a football school and that is where the focus lies. To be really good at basketball at the high school level, you need AAU type players who spend countless hours during the summer in the gym getting ready for the season. That doesn't happen at Colerain because that's when football starts.

 

In the past, most of the basketball players were also football players, which is why we were never a good basketball team. Usually the team is playing deep into November and by the time they are with the basketball team and in basketball shape, it's mid to late January and they have already lost double-digit games. You can't win like that in Division I.

 

This year is different. There are only 2 football players on the team that get any significant playing time and one of those is a SR. Coach Higgins is going to get this program going in the right direction, believe me. We will never be the power we are in football, but I'd settle for competitive every year and really good every few years.

 

-CardinalsFan

  • Author
This score really surprises me. I saw Colerain in a scrimmage against Scott earlier in the year and they weren't very impressive at all. Athletic bunch but lacked size.

Surprises you? SHOCKED ME! I saw that Simon Kenton won again tonight and scored 80+ points.

 

We have no size. We haven't had size in 20 years. If we ever have a guy who's 6'4", it's big news. Typically our players range from 5'8" to 6'1". Don't ask me why, it's just the way it is.

 

-CardinalsFan

Uh, I think it means that there are athletic scholarships available at Division I and Division II colleges and if students are interested in those scholarships, there are certain steps they need to take to make themselves eligible to do so.

 

Seems pretty straight-forward to me. Am I missing something? :idunno:

 

-CF

 

Nope, that one is all my fault. :lol:

 

You never did answer though. Is Listerman there in any capacity? Wasn't he the head coach there last year? What happened?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.