Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ineligible player costs Dunbar wins

Featured Replies

You have to understand the history of student-athlete movement in Lexington. Also, if you're from Lexington, you know about the basketball team at Bryan Station M.S. in 2007-08. Jalyn Beckham was an 8th grader and Larry Morton was a 7th grader and they dominated everyone in the city. Jalyn Beckham curiously ends up at Lexington Catholic last year and Larry Morton goes to Beaumont M.S. but everyone knew that he hadn't had a change in residence. Why the administration at Dunbar and at the Central Office waited a year to act is a mystery? maybe had this father at Dunbar not brought it to light, the vast majority may have never found out. Now, it appears, this drama prompted Morton's move to Catholic. A cynical person could say that Catholic has just figured out how to play "the game" better then those in FCPS!

 

Without knowing any details or accusing LexCath of doing anything wrong, it appears LexCath has benefitted from the way sports in Fayette Co. is being ran. I'd say its ran pretty poorly right now. LexCath has had Vee Sanford, Seth Beckham, Jaylen Beckham, and Larry Morton come from Fayette Co. schools in recent memory.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, or Louisville? Wow, that would be le box de Pandora now wouldn't it?

Wouldn't the 'open enrollment' rule in Jefferson County make something like this a non-issue there? I mean, coming from middle school to a high school, not once they've enrolled in 9th grade at the school of their choice.

I don't know, just asking?

What about the Moss girl from Ryle.

Wouldn't the 'open enrollment' rule in Jefferson County make something like this a non-issue there? I mean, coming from middle school to a high school, not once they've enrolled in 9th grade at the school of their choice.

I don't know, just asking?

I was thinking the same thing.

At this juncture, who cares if Dunbar forfeits games in 2009 when they didn't win too many anyway?

 

If this is supposed to be punishment, it certainly doesn't seem like it to me.

What about the Moss girl from Ryle.

 

She appealed to KHSAA for permission to play and it was granted. What the reason for ruling was I have no idea but she applied and attained the blessing of the authority at KHSAA.

So, I think I've got an understanding of this situation:

 

A parent who'd played big-time college basketball starts a witch-hunt into a middle schooler's residency when the middle schooler cuts into his son's playing time.

 

Just a suggestion, but maybe he should have spent all that time and effort on improving his own prodigy. I doubt that he found himself playing at UK by taking the attitude that, "well, someone just cut into my minutes, so instead of trying to get better, I should try to find a technicality to help me get them back"; just doesn't sound like the kind of team player that most colleges look for.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.