Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ineligible player costs Dunbar wins

Featured Replies

KHSAA have formed small groups to look into situations to check the residency of students because so many have tried to trick the system so dont blame them blame the ones that have lied about where they live.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This explains a lot. Dunbar imploded last year, and I heard there were a lot of "issues". Sounds like a mess, and I hope Lanter is happy....sounds like no one ended up better off. Morton will play basketball and football at Lex. Cath. next year, I will bet money on it, and he must be pretty good. Funny how things work out. And I wish the best for the kid...because that is what it should all be about.

If no khsaa rules were broken, why the forfeits?

Gosh, or Louisville? Wow, that would be le box de Pandora now wouldn't it?

 

You might have a point there. Hopefully it all works out for the kids just like the previous poster stated.

Edited by passtheball

The kid was enrolled at a feeder middle school to Dunbar, but should have been at another school? If so, I can't see where any of this is a coaches fault.

They won't get rid of the coach WHY? When has it ever become a coaches responsibility to check addresses or anything of that nature? This parent has a personal vendeta and is trying to get the coach out! As for the personal issues, this guy created most of them. GOOD JOB BO!:dancingpa

Edited by bugatti

Why isnt Morton playing at Lex Cath this year?

Umm, they are investigaters. That is what they are supposed to do? You do understand that don't you?:ohbrother:

 

My question is how do you decide who to investigate? Is it based on parents who aren't happy with playing time and call with accusations? Is there a lot of investigating going on for kids that transfer? I don't understand who pays the investigators. If I move and put my son in a different school should I expect to see people staking outside my house watching our every move?

Why are you all assuming the investigators are being paid. Maybe they asked someone to do it for nothing. How long does it really take to watch? Not a big deal really. You get some retired guy to spend an hour or so monitoring while he eats doughnuts, drinks coffee and reads the sports page. Lol

Why are you all assuming the investigators are being paid. Maybe they asked someone to do it for nothing. How long does it really take to watch? Not a big deal really. You get some retired guy to spend an hour or so monitoring while he eats doughnuts, drinks coffee and reads the sports page. Lol

 

You maybe right, but is this the case or not?

So were peopel paid money to stake out his grandmother's home? That seems like a big waste of money to me. We may disagree, but the whole thing seems like a little much.

 

I will assume that you weren't as bothered when investigator's sat outside Michael Mitchell's house to confirm his residency. :D

My question is how do you decide who to investigate? Is it based on parents who aren't happy with playing time and call with accusations? Is there a lot of investigating going on for kids that transfer? I don't understand who pays the investigators. If I move and put my son in a different school should I expect to see people staking outside my house watching our every move?

 

If you do it by breaking the rules, I say expect it.

  • Author
The kid was enrolled at a feeder middle school to Dunbar, but should have been at another school? If so, I can't see where any of this is a coaches fault.

 

You have to understand the history of student-athlete movement in Lexington. Also, if you're from Lexington, you know about the basketball team at Bryan Station M.S. in 2007-08. Jalyn Beckham was an 8th grader and Larry Morton was a 7th grader and they dominated everyone in the city. Jalyn Beckham curiously ends up at Lexington Catholic last year and Larry Morton goes to Beaumont M.S. but everyone knew that he hadn't had a change in residence. Why the administration at Dunbar and at the Central Office waited a year to act is a mystery? maybe had this father at Dunbar not brought it to light, the vast majority may have never found out. Now, it appears, this drama prompted Morton's move to Catholic. A cynical person could say that Catholic has just figured out how to play "the game" better then those in FCPS!

You have to understand the history of student-athlete movement in Lexington. Also, if you're from Lexington, you know about the basketball team at Bryan Station M.S. in 2007-08. Jalyn Beckham was an 8th grader and Larry Morton was a 7th grader and they dominated everyone in the city. Jalyn Beckham curiously ends up at Lexington Catholic last year and Larry Morton goes to Beaumont M.S. but everyone knew that he hadn't had a change in residence. Why the administration at Dunbar and at the Central Office waited a year to act is a mystery? maybe had this father at Dunbar not brought it to light, the vast majority may have never found out. Now, it appears, this drama prompted Morton's move to Catholic. A cynical person could say that Catholic has just figured out how to play "the game" better then those in FCPS!

 

I don't think you have to be only a cynic to say that, just an observer. Is Morton playing freshman ball. I would think he could do that and have a year to learn Catholic's system. They were pretty set on this year's team anyway.

I will assume that you weren't as bothered when investigator's sat outside Michael Mitchell's house to confirm his residency. :D

 

I didn't know they did that. I have said that as far as that deal goes it was a mess. I was upset at the time, but I can't blame them for playing Mitchell. He was a great player and has moved on and is successful, which is good for him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.