Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Let's Get Cooking

Featured Replies

Well , has anyone started their Thanksgiving cooking? I was at the High School yesterday for football practice and I could swear I could smell pies baking in a nearby home. Either that or I was just really hungry.

 

Actually most of my cooking is finished or maybe I should say done. As in the turkey is done. Got the turkey, dressing, gravy, and mashed potatos out of the way yesterday. Today is corn pudding and appetizers. No baking for me this year.

 

Anyone stray from the traditional menu?

I have 25 coming this year and everyone brings something, which is very nice. I have already made my cranberry salad and the cornbread for my stuffing. Today, I will make my stuffing and also make a sweet potato souffle.

 

All my tables are already set up with tablecloths and are decorated. The house is clean, or at least it was till my boys came home from college yesterday!

 

Tomorrow, I will stuff my bird and put it in the oven and be done. We will be attending our yearly turkey frying party at a friends house, where my husband will get to fry a turkey breast which will make him happy and also add more turkey to our dinner.

 

Every year, with the exception of putting the turkey in the oven, I am done the day before Thanksgiving. It is much more relaxing and enjoyable Thanksgiving day.

I do have to ammend my story to include two unexpected incidents.

 

One of my sons came home from school last night with a half gallon of Margarita mix (which is evidently essential for studying) in a plastic jug. Well, the jug hit the floor sending think red syrup EVERYWHERE (I have white cabinets). Took awhile, but I thought we had it all cleaned up. This morning we are still sticking to the floor, despite two additional moppings. Cabinets are sporting some pink stains and are also still sticky.

 

Icing to the cake, the dog peed on the living room floor. Naturally, no one noticed but me.

 

Martha Stewart, eat your heart out! Now, no more posting, back to the cooking, and my own little Hallmark family!

I have finished

 

Dressed Eggs

Cornbread Dressing

Pine apple upside done cake

Ham

 

Currentlu Working on

 

Turkey

Green Beans

Pasta Salad

  • Author
I do have to ammend my story to include two unexpected incidents.

 

One of my sons came home from school last night with a half gallon of Margarita mix (which is evidently essential for studying) in a plastic jug. Well, the jug hit the floor sending think red syrup EVERYWHERE (I have white cabinets). Took awhile, but I thought we had it all cleaned up. This morning we are still sticking to the floor, despite two additional moppings. Cabinets are sporting some pink stains and are also still sticky.

 

Icing to the cake, the dog peed on the living room floor. Naturally, no one noticed but me.

 

Martha Stewart, eat your heart out! Now, no more posting, back to the cooking, and my own little Hallmark family!

 

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

 

Just love those Thanksgiving memories.:thumb:

My wife made some pies last night as a test run. I got to try them and they were great. I'm so ready for thanksgiving.

Mine will be a small Thanksgiving, and on Saturday.

 

But, on the menu:

 

Turkey (of course)

Mashed Potatoes

Cornbread Dressing

Green Beans

Candied Sweet Potatoes (My mom is bringing those....no one does them as well as she does)

Homemade bread

Apple Crisp

Gingerbread Upside Down Cake

  • Author
Mine will be a small Thanksgiving, and on Saturday.

 

But, on the menu:

 

Turkey (of course)

Mashed Potatoes

Cornbread Dressing

Green Beans

Candied Sweet Potatoes (My mom is bringing those....no one does them as well as she does)

Homemade bread

Apple Crisp

Gingerbread Upside Down Cake

 

That cake sounds gooooood.:ylsuper:

We are going to my parents. I have made the cranberry salad and have a pecan and brown sugar pie in the oven right now. Mom will do the Turkey, oyster casserole, mashed potatoes, and fried corn, and sis the broccoli casserole, and homemade rolls. I will make the gravy just before we eat.

I do have to ammend my story to include two unexpected incidents.

 

One of my sons came home from school last night with a half gallon of Margarita mix (which is evidently essential for studying) in a plastic jug. Well, the jug hit the floor sending think red syrup EVERYWHERE (I have white cabinets). Took awhile, but I thought we had it all cleaned up. This morning we are still sticking to the floor, despite two additional moppings. Cabinets are sporting some pink stains and are also still sticky.

 

Icing to the cake, the dog peed on the living room floor. Naturally, no one noticed but me.

 

Martha Stewart, eat your heart out! Now, no more posting, back to the cooking, and my own little Hallmark family!

 

I thought I was the only one.

That cake sounds gooooood.:ylsuper:

 

 

It's awesome! The fruit on the bottom/top is pears. It's to die for!

  • Author

We should do a BGP Thanksgiving cookbook. Everyone list their favorite Thanksgiving dish and the recipe. We could probably put Paula Dean to shame.:ylsuper:

We should do a BGP Thanksgiving cookbook. Everyone list their favorite Thanksgiving dish and the recipe. We could probably put Paula Dean to shame.:ylsuper:

 

I agree. I posted my dressing recipe in the sausage dressing thread.

Well , has anyone started their Thanksgiving cooking?

 

No. That's women's work.:banana::banana:

  • Author
No. That's women's work.:banana::banana:

 

And the men get to clean up.:banana::banana::D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.