Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier, OH 13 Moeller, OH 10

Featured Replies

I havent seen Highlands play this year, but have seen St. X and Moeller play on TV and there are two of the top 5 teams in D-I in Ohio this year.

Highlands could very well play with the likes of St. Ignatius and Dublin Coffman since they beat St. X.

 

So the Bluebirds should be State Champs in Kentucky and very well could IMO win the D-I title if they played in Ohio.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent seen Highlands play this year, but have seen St. X and Moeller play on TV and there are two of the top 5 teams in D-I in Ohio this year.

Highlands could very well play with the likes of St. Ignatius and Dublin Coffman since they beat St. X.

 

So the Bluebirds should be State Champs in Kentucky and very well could IMO win the D-I title if they played in Ohio.

 

I wouldn't go that far. This team is good but to compete on that level week in and week out would be almost impossible for HHS. Again, it's a numbers game for them.

 

I agree with the poster that said HHS wouldn't win without Bardo. And when you take out Collinsworth forget it. Sorry but those two are too far talented to replace with guys without the experience to compete at the top level. Even 100% healthy, it would be tough. I would like to think they could. I was one that really believed HHS would beat St. X this year or any of the Cincy teams. But to beat all of them, wow, that would be a tall order.

 

But you what, I am glad HHS fans can even have these discussions.:thumb:

I stood next to the Rush kid from Moe earlier this year. You really get an appreciation of what a D1 DL prospect is built like - a truck.

I've been keeping track of Cardinals fan. First he was on the Colerain bandwagon,then they lost.Then he was on the St. X bandwagon,then they lost.Then he was on the Elder bandwagon,the they lost. Then he was on the Moeller bandwagon and they lost,does anybody see a pattern here? Cardinals fan, please don't get on the Highlands bandwagon or predict a Highlands win. :D At the beginning of the season,people predicted that this Highlands team was very special,and I think that those people were absolutely correct!!!!! :thumb:

Just because I can't let this ridiculousness continue.

 

First off, you've been keeping track of me? YIKES!! :eek:

 

Secondly, I've been on St. X's bandwagon all year. Never got off. Still on it, in fact. They are a solid team. Not State Championship good, but a solid team nonetheless.

 

I've never been on the Elder bandwagon. I doubted them from week 1. I have no idea where you got that idea. Since you have been stalking, I mean, tracking me, please post any comments I may have said in support of Elder. They were a good team coming into the season but still had way to many defensive holes. After the season-ending loss of two division I prospects, they have gone down hill ever since. Their playoff game is at home but is very much in the air as to whether or not they can pull out the W.

 

As for Moeller, well, gee...hard not to be on the bandwagon of a team that is 9-0. They were scoring at will on almost every single team they played. They have won 7 of their 9 games by 3+ TD's. I believed that they would be too much for St. Xavier on Saturday and I was wrong. However, if you read the responses from most Moeller folks over on Yappi, they are all shocked and disappointed at the conservative nature of Moeller's offensive game plan. My guess is that Rodenburg (Moeller's Coach) was holding back a little anticipating a rematch. Just my guess.

 

I don't know how many times I have to convince you guys that I am not a Highlands hater. I wish them the very best and expect that they will waltz to a state title. The level of competition for Highlands this year in KY is so pathetically inadequate, it's embarassing to be honest. And that is why I understand why it's such a big deal for you folks to lay claim to this mythical "Greater Cincy Title" thingy. You realize that KY football is so poor and so far beneath Ohio, Cincy in particular, that you feel your season would not have been fulfilled if not for the win over St. X and their corresponding Enquirer Poll title.

 

Either way, I'm still happy in knowing that My Cardinals have never lost to the Highlands Bluebirds and I venture to say that they never will. Just two completely different brands of football. Again, ask Dale and he'll tell you all about it. :cool:

 

-CardinalsFan

Edited by threetimelover

Just because I can't let this ridiculousness continue.

 

First off, you've been keeping track of me? YIKES!! :eek:

 

Secondly, I've been on St. X's bandwagon all year. Never got off. Still on it, in fact. They are a solid team. Not State Championship good, but a solid team nonetheless.

 

I've never been on the Elder bandwagon. I doubted them from week 1. I have no idea where you got that idea. Since you have been stalking, I mean, tracking me, please post any comments I may have said in support of Elder. They were a good team coming into the season but still had way to many defensive holes. After the season-ending loss of two division I prospects, they have gone down hill ever since. Their playoff game is at home but is very much in the air as to whether or not they can pull out the W.

 

As for Moeller, well, gee...hard not to be on the bandwagon of a team that is 9-0. They were scoring at will on almost every single team they played. They have won 7 of their 9 games by 3+ TD's. I believed that they would be too much for St. Xavier on Saturday and I was wrong. However, if you read the responses from most Moeller folks over on Yappi, they are all shocked and disappointed at the conservative nature of Moeller's offensive game plan. My guess is that Rodenburg (Moeller's Coach) was holding back a little anticipating a rematch. Just my guess.

 

I don't know how many times I have to convince you guys that I am not a Highlands hater. I wish them the very best and expect that they will waltz to a state title. The level of competition for Highlands this year in KY is so pathetically inadequate, it's embarassing to be honest. And that is why I understand why it's such a big deal for you folks to lay claim to this mythical "Greater Cincy Title" thingy. You realize that KY football is so poor and so far beneath Ohio, Cincy in particular, that you feel your season would not have been fulfilled if not for the win over St. X and their corresponding Enquirer Poll title.

 

Either way, I'm still happy in knowing that My Cardinals have never lost to the Highlands Bluebirds and I venture to say that they never will. Just two completely different brands of football. Again, ask Dale and he'll tell you all about it. :cool:

 

-CardinalsFan

 

Your lucky your Cardinals didn't have to face Highlands this year or you would Not be saying that!!!

Edited by threetimelover

Just because I can't let this ridiculousness continue.

 

First off, you've been keeping track of me? YIKES!! :eek:

 

Secondly, I've been on St. X's bandwagon all year. Never got off. Still on it, in fact. They are a solid team. Not State Championship good, but a solid team nonetheless.

 

I've never been on the Elder bandwagon. I doubted them from week 1. I have no idea where you got that idea. Since you have been stalking, I mean, tracking me, please post any comments I may have said in support of Elder. They were a good team coming into the season but still had way to many defensive holes. After the season-ending loss of two division I prospects, they have gone down hill ever since. Their playoff game is at home but is very much in the air as to whether or not they can pull out the W.

 

As for Moeller, well, gee...hard not to be on the bandwagon of a team that is 9-0. They were scoring at will on almost every single team they played. They have won 7 of their 9 games by 3+ TD's. I believed that they would be too much for St. Xavier on Saturday and I was wrong. However, if you read the responses from most Moeller folks over on Yappi, they are all shocked and disappointed at the conservative nature of Moeller's offensive game plan. My guess is that Rodenburg (Moeller's Coach) was holding back a little anticipating a rematch. Just my guess.

 

I don't know how many times I have to convince you guys that I am not a Highlands hater. I wish them the very best and expect that they will waltz to a state title. The level of competition for Highlands this year in KY is so pathetically inadequate, it's embarassing to be honest. And that is why I understand why it's such a big deal for you folks to lay claim to this mythical "Greater Cincy Title" thingy. You realize that KY football is so poor and so far beneath Ohio, Cincy in particular, that you feel your season would not have been fulfilled if not for the win over St. X and their corresponding Enquirer Poll title.

 

Either way, I'm still happy in knowing that My Cardinals have never lost to the Highlands Bluebirds and I venture to say that they never will. Just two completely different brands of football. Again, ask Dale and he'll tell you all about it. :cool:

 

-CardinalsFan

 

You say you are not a Highlands hater but your inability to show any respect for them causes a lack of respect for your opinions.

Edited by threetimelover

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.