Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wall Certified by NCAA

Featured Replies

  • Replies 50
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IT sounds like things may not go as well for Renardo Sidney...

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4609922

 

A quote that I found interesting from Sidney's attorney...

 

Jackson added that the NCAA said "we don't have to establish a violation but you have to show that one did not occur." Jackson said the burden of proof was on the Sidneys.

 

That seems to backwards to me. Essentially, the NCAA is saying you're guilty until you prove your innocence?

  • Author
IT sounds like things may not go as well for Renardo Sidney...

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4609922

 

A quote that I found interesting from Sidney's attorney...

 

Jackson added that the NCAA said "we don't have to establish a violation but you have to show that one did not occur." Jackson said the burden of proof was on the Sidneys.

 

That seems to backwards to me. Essentially, the NCAA is saying you're guilty until you prove your innocence?

The Sidney side is withholding the damaging information, and the NCAA is forcing them to show exactly what went down as they lived in a lavish million dollar home well beyond their means. There is no dispute they lived in the home, so I can see the NCAA's stand on that one...

So should we expect the NCAA to overrule their own ruling next summer, ala Derrick Rose?

The Sidney side is withholding the damaging information, and the NCAA is forcing them to show exactly what went down as they lived in a lavish million dollar home well beyond their means. There is no dispute they lived in the home, so I can see the NCAA's stand on that one...

 

I understand that they have some suspicions, but it just seems backward to shift the burden of proof to the college athlete.

 

Regardless, I hope they make a ruling one way or the other before the season. If not, it'll expose the NCAA as the fraud that they (too often) are.

 

Delaying these decisions until the season starts does not benefit anyone.

Great news it is not more games. I still don't quite understand how you can punish a kid for playing for a coach who used to be an agent. What teenager knows to ask their coach if they are or were an agent?

  • Author
I understand that they have some suspicions, but it just seems backward to shift the burden of proof to the college athlete.

 

Regardless, I hope they make a ruling one way or the other before the season. If not, it'll expose the NCAA as the fraud that they (too often) are.

 

Delaying these decisions until the season starts does not benefit anyone.

 

The NCAA has been asking for financial records from the Sidney camp for months, and through their lawyer they have refused to provide that information. I'd say the reason for that is pretty self explanatory. If it was a court case, it would have been finished a long time ago IMO...

Great news it is not more games. I still don't quite understand how you can punish a kid for playing for a coach who used to be an agent. What teenager knows to ask their coach if they are or were an agent?

 

I agree that the coach / agent should have some responsibility, but I have a hard time beleving that a teenage kid does not know that it's against the rules to get hundreds of dollars in "free money."

 

The NCAA has been asking for financial records from the Sidney camp for months, and through their lawyer they have refused to provide that information. I'd say the reason for that is pretty self explanatory. If it was a court case, it would have been finished a long time ago IMO...

 

The link I provided on ESPN says that they have recently provided those documents. Hopefully it's resolved relatively soon.

Coaches take their players on unofficial visits all the time to colleges that are recruiting their players.

  • Author

 

The link I provided on ESPN says that they have recently provided those documents. Hopefully it's resolved relatively soon.

 

From what I have been told the documents they really wanted were tax filings for the two years in LA, and those have still not been provided...

  • Author
Coaches take their players on unofficial visits all the time to colleges that are recruiting their players.

 

And if that coach is a certified agent, it's a no no. I don't agree with it, but that's the rule...

ESPN gave a sports update during the WVU-S. Fla game and said Wall was eligible to play after sitting two games and paying back money due to "recruiting indiscretions."

 

Made it sound like Cal was being shady. Anyway, that's how the rest of the nation will intrepret it the way it was reported. This case has nothing to do with Cal, nor Billy Clyde either. UK can't win when they do win.:rolleyes:

 

The rest of the world is JEALOUS! It will continue, cause they dont have it...but they WANT it BAD!!!

Sucks for the fans with tickets to those games.

 

That would be me!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.