Kelsey Sorrell Memorial Basketball Tournament

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK split halves against Oak Hills. From what I saw the Neers play some nice defense but started out slow offensively. I think they will be an improved squad once everyone is around to practice. Rabe should be a nice addition to the post while Sorrell, Gray, Chambers and Bishop are all returning from last season's squad. Add in a few promising frosh and they will be tough come tournament time.

I have one question. When I played we all had a set of practice unifroms, and during the two games I witnessed, SK was the only team that had a set uniform. I know the economy is bad but is it so bad that teams don't even supply complete practice gear?

SK split halves against Oak Hills. From what I saw the Neers play some nice defense but started out slow offensively. I think they will be an improved squad once everyone is around to practice. Rabe should be a nice addition to the post while Sorrell, Gray, Chambers and Bishop are all returning from last season's squad. Add in a few promising frosh and they will be tough come tournament time.

I have one question. When I played we all had a set of practice unifroms, and during the two games I witnessed, SK was the only team that had a set uniform. I know the economy is bad but is it so bad that teams don't even supply complete practice gear?

I know that the new practice uni's for this year for Cov Cath have not been given to the boys yet. Not sure they are in or not yet. That is why you have the boys wearing past years, if they have them. Not sure, but I would suspect that the same reason applies to other teams as well.

Who's #25 for CovCath? QUOTE]

The numbers meant nothing to me, as only the faces were what I knew.

I am sure the new practice uni's will be given out this week prior to CovCath going to Louisville Male to scrimmage Louisville Butler!

25 just might have been Trey Evans but I am really not sure! He had a rather nice game considering he hasn't played HS Bball in three years!

Mattie Klein got tired but I don't think it was tired physically as much as it was mentally. He was thinking far too much out there instead of just going with the flow of the game but you have to accept that since he hasn't play in a game in almost two years! He will be fine!

The CovCath crowd got real excited when Trevor made free throw after free throw. He looked very strong !

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #14 and #5

I am sure the new practice uni's will be given out this week prior to CovCath going to Louisville Male to scrimmage Louisville Butler!

25 just might have been Trey Evans but I am really not sure! He had a rather nice game considering he hasn't played HS Bball in three years!

Mattie Klein got tired but I don't think it was tired physically as much as it was mentally. He was thinking far too much out there instead of just going with the flow of the game but you have to accept that since he hasn't play in a game in almost two years! He will be fine!

The CovCath crowd got real excited when Trevor made free throw after free throw. He looked very strong !

I have not seen TRey wearing a practice uniform since he hasn't played for us for a few tears, so if the number 25 was one, it wasn't Trey.

Glad to hear Trevore made free throws!!!! I had heard he worked hard this summer on them.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #14

25 is Trevor Wellbrock.

Three observations on CovCath:

1) Mr. Wellbrock has obviously spent time working on his free throw shooting. Very impressive.

2) I was a bit concerned about Mr. Thelan's play during the Blue/White, but he dispelled any and all concerns on Saturday. He had a very good showing.

3) Mr Klien and Mr. Evans are going to be great additions to this team. Very exciting.

Who's #25 for CovCath? QUOTE]

The boy I'm referring to appears in post #35.

• 2 weeks later...