Newport Central Catholic vs. Beechwood Predictions

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Beechwood fan, but I agree with those who say that NewCath's big line will dominate Beechwood's line. Beechwood had trouble getting Buckler on the ground and NewCath's Kelly is bigger snd stronger and gets better blocking.

I am a Beechwood fan, but I agree with those who say that NewCath's big line will dominate Beechwood's line. Beechwood had trouble getting Buckler on the ground and NewCath's Kelly is bigger snd stronger and gets better blocking.

(minus the 1 for 60yds)...the 128yds he had on 36 carries wasn't too bad considering it was five huge lineman versus 3 undersized "D" lineman and what some consider one of the top backs in NKY.

Tonight will be a good tune-up for both teams. NCC will see speed and BW will see power.

(minus the 1 for 60yds)...the 128yds he had on 36 carries wasn't too bad considering it was five huge lineman versus 3 undersized "D" lineman and what some consider one of the top backs in NKY.

Tonight will be a good tune-up for both teams. NCC will see speed and BW will see power.

Not sure what your trying to say?

Not sure what your trying to say?

I think what he is saying is that Beechwood didn't have a problem tackling Buckler. And I would agree with that. Buckler does a great job tucking in behind his big linemen and that makes it tough to get to him. But there wasn't an issue of Buckler breaking tackles against Beechwood. Sure, he broke some tackles as any good back will. But there were also a number of times when Beechwood made a one on one tackle on him as well. On the one long run he made, he followed the big boys, found the seam and then was untouched in going for the TD. So that wasn't a tackling issue either.

I think what he is saying is that Beechwood didn't have a problem tackling Buckler. And I would agree with that. Buckler does a great job tucking in behind his big linemen and that makes it tough to get to him. But there wasn't an issue of Buckler breaking tackles against Beechwood. Sure, he broke some tackles as any good back will. But there were also a number of times when Beechwood made a one on one tackle on him as well. On the one long run he made, he followed the big boys, found the seam and then was untouched in going for the TD. So that wasn't a tackling issue either.

VOR you got this out of that? You are good! Not where I Thought he was going at all. Beside you can't take away a play here and a play there and say well we held them in check (by the way BW did hold the Bellevue Offense in Check, what offense there was considering the conditions) if that was the case then Bellevue says well if you take two plays away from Rigdon (?) then we win. (8-6) I think BW will have a little tougher time tonight I don't think there will be 11 fumbles by NCC tonight. But then again BW should get their wheels rolling tonight. Going to be a great game for both teams. The rain looks like it will hold off.

VOR you got this out of that? You are good! Not where I Thought he was going at all. Beside you can't take away a play here and a play there and say well we held them in check (by the way BW did hold the Bellevue Offense in Check, what offense there was considering the conditions) if that was the case then Bellevue says well if you take two plays away from Rigdon (?) then we win. (8-6) I think BW will have a little tougher time tonight I don't think there will be 11 fumbles by NCC tonight. But then again BW should get their wheels rolling tonight. Going to be a great game for both teams. The rain looks like it will hold off.

Just guessing because he had Buckler on the ground in bold in the post he cited.

I agree this is going to be a good one to watch. This is the perfect challenge game for Beechwood going into the playoffs, and NCC probably feels the same way. I am so glad they kept this game on the schedule right where it is and hope it continues that way for years to come.

Just guessing because he had Buckler on the ground in bold in the post he cited.

I agree this is going to be a good one to watch. This is the perfect challenge game for Beechwood going into the playoffs, and NCC probably feels the same way. I am so glad they kept this game on the schedule right where it is and hope it continues that way for years to come.

This is the perfect game for both programs to head into the postseason w/ b/c it has the atmosphere of a regional final game.

My final comment before the game tonight ... getting and playing from the lead is a huge factor in this game. If NCC can get on top or stay within one score, then their grinding running game can wear down Beechwood and likely gain them control of the game. If Beechwood can get on top and force NCC to throw more than they want, it will be difficult for NCC to win. Lastly, just call it a hunch, but I think Vocke is going to make a big play or two in this game and that may be the thing that gets Beechwood the win.