Raceland/Lynn Camp Predictions (Nov. 6th)

sidelinedoc

Raceland/Lynn Camp Winner  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Raceland/Lynn Camp Winner

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really happy to see us at 100% healthy. Usually at this time of year, you have guys out. This team had all of that occur at the beginning of the year.

Also, we had a lot of turmoil this season and a lot of people that didn't have a "Ram Pride" heart or attitude and they have since left the team. We are down to 30 players but they are the ones that put team first and self last. I think the level of play has gone up each time we lost the guys who didn't want to be out there.

Two things that I heard around the team Friday night was, 1. Addition by subtraction, referring to the ones that quit and 2. "6-4, who wants a lot more!"

LC will need to come away from the game this week healthy to have a good chance. They will need to physical on defense, and try to keep the score low. LC offense is not as good as in years past, and I don't think they could survive a shootout. LC also doesn't have a history of winning games that are 2hr+ away from LC. Hopefully that will change. If LC comes out like they want to win this game, and not ready to call it a season, they can pull the upset.

I am really happy to see us at 100% healthy. Usually at this time of year, you have guys out. This team had all of that occur at the beginning of the year.

Also, we had a lot of turmoil this season and a lot of people that didn't have a "Ram Pride" heart or attitude and they have since left the team. We are down to 30 players but they are the ones that put team first and self last. I think the level of play has gone up each time we lost the guys who didn't want to be out there.

Two things that I heard around the team Friday night was, 1. Addition by subtraction, referring to the ones that quit and 2. "6-4, who wants a lot more!"

Any coach would rather have 30 players who are willing to go the distance for their other brothers on the team than 75 who will not! When I was watching our game last Friday I felt like I was watching the 2008 team again. If that continues we continue our playoff run!

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. Thats what we did the last game. But not only did we attack on defense. We did it with vengeance. The RAMS played like they had something to prove. But now we have two weeks off. For the seniors, I hope they show up every day at pratice with the same attitude that they played with at the Russell game. We can be a very good team with the right attitude. And if they play with the same desire and determination vs Lynn Camp IMO we will be ok. Don't underestimate Lynn Camp. I hear they are a hard hitting team. While they only score 15.6 ppg. They did score 14 points on LCA. They have only scored over 20 points three times in the 9 games they have played. And they give up almost 30 points per game. But you can tell by reading papers and some of the post on BGP by the LC folks that they love football and this team. And that only feeds on down to the team. Lynn Camp wont back down. This will be a big challenge for the RAMS especially if we don't bring our A game. When every player is putting out that 110%. The RAMS are like a machine that is running perfect. The blocking up front. The downfield blocking , the perfect pass routes, backs running through big holes that us old men could run through. It's a thing of beauty. To see all of this come together looking down from the top of the stands is just awesome.

I want to let a couple of the hurt players know that I appreciated them coming out hurt and banged up and playing their hearts out the Russell game. I don't think we could have won it without you. I know that the coaching staff will come up with a great game plan. I just hope the TEAM will pratice hard this next two weeks and learn the asignments given to them.

TCLC

Lynn Camp wears the ORANGE and BLACK just like the RAMS. We are about to find out who wears it better!!

LC will need to come away from the game this week healthy to have a good chance. They will need to physical on defense, and try to keep the score low. LC offense is not as good as in years past, and I don't think they could survive a shootout. LC also doesn't have a history of winning games that are 2hr+ away from LC. Hopefully that will change. If LC comes out like they want to win this game, and not ready to call it a season, they can pull the upset.

I don't think it is letting information out, sense the coaching staff already has film on Lynn Camp, but what kind of offense and defense does the Campers run?

You coming to the game? I'd love to meet some of the Lynn Camp fans.

The keys to this game are:

1. Raceland's defense. If Raceland's defense plays like they have most of the season, it will be a big plus for Raceland.

2. Lynn Camp's defense. Raceland can score is short order, for Lynn Camp to win they will have to limit Raceland's offense.

Defense wins championships, and defense wins first round games as well.

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. Thats what we did the last game. But not only did we attack on defense. We did it with vengeance. The RAMS played like they had something to prove. But now we have two weeks off. For the seniors, I hope they show up every day at pratice with the same attitude that they played with at the Russell game. We can be a very good team with the right attitude. And if they play with the same desire and determination vs Lynn Camp IMO we will be ok. Don't underestimate Lynn Camp. I hear they are a hard hitting team. While they only score 15.6 ppg. They did score 14 points on LCA. They have only scored over 20 points three times in the 9 games they have played. And they give up almost 30 points per game. But you can tell by reading papers and some of the post on BGP by the LC folks that they love football and this team. And that only feeds on down to the team. Lynn Camp wont back down. This will be a big challenge for the RAMS especially if we don't bring our A game. When every player is putting out that 110%. The RAMS are like a machine that is running perfect. The blocking up front. The downfield blocking , the perfect pass routes, backs running through big holes that us old men could run through. It's a thing of beauty. To see all of this come together looking down from the top of the stands is just awesome.

I want to let a couple of the hurt players know that I appreciated them coming out hurt and banged up and playing their hearts out the Russell game. I don't think we could have won it without you. I know that the coaching staff will come up with a great game plan. I just hope the TEAM will pratice hard this next two weeks and learn the asignments given to them.

TCLC

Lynn Camp wears the ORANGE and BLACK just like the RAMS. We are about to find out who wears it better!!

TCLC? Are you modifying my TCB?:cool:

Any coach would rather have 30 players who are willing to go the distance for their other brothers on the team than 75 who will not! When I was watching our game last Friday I felt like I was watching the 2008 team again. If that continues we continue our playoff run!

This is what I told my wife after the game. This is the most excitement I have had since we strapped on the gear back in August. I just hope that the taste that the win against Russell put in their mouths causes them to want more......................like blood in shark infested water.

Am I the half brain?:idunno:

Now I'm starting to worry about you. I thought you could figure that one out on your own. You are a MDC. I'm just a layman.

I do know we are both smart enough to know that if we don't keep our MOJO (as J. Barr said) together we will have trouble in the early rounds of the playoffs. So lets TCB on LC.. Is that better? I wouldn't want to step on any toes........ You may have to find a good M DC to work on you!!:p

Raceland has the week off but what do you guys think after watching the boys dismantle Russell? I am glad to see the swagger back!

Your last statement is exactly what I had said on the Russell game thread. That was one thing that had been missing all season from this team imo. I believe that getting J. Barr back at 100% (or very close to it) has made a huge difference not only at its obvious on the field but overall as well. Raceland has been waiting on this kid to get back and get things rolling,imo he can and will be a diference maker. Just look at how we played Friday night. (#7 ranked 3A) Russell had no answers for the "Barr exam":D. Seriously, no one has really seen what this team is capable of and the more versatility/options he gives us. As always, Raceland is not about one player and is all about "TEAM" and it looks like the Rams had their "TEAM" all together for the first time this season last Friday.

Go RAMS!!!

Pick up the trusty "LUNCH BOX" this week and next, go to work and get ready to open up another can of ORANGE CRUSH Defense on Nov. 6th!

Edited by oldrambler