Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Williamsburg 2009/2010

Featured Replies

What does Williamsburg need to do to improve in 2009/2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Is Barton playing for the Jackets this year?

Edited by spindoc

Barton is playing. The Jackets will be better than most expect but will only be the 4th best team in the district. SL and Corbin are way to much for the Jackets.

I think with the addition of Coach Brent Vernon to the staff, the Jackets will get the maturity on the bench that they have been lacking. Coach Robinson has done a good job but needed a professional coach with him. Brent Vernon fits the bill as he has coached and played at the college level. I think the fact that they played together makes them an even more compatible combination.

 

I do agree that they will still be fourth in the district.

Coach Vernon would be a good addition to any staff and should be a great one for W'burg. Do Robinson and Vernon both teach at W'burg?

Barton is playing. The Jackets will be better than most expect but will only be the 4th best team in the district. SL and Corbin are way to much for the Jackets.

 

I'm not sure about that....is his knee recovered? Last I heard was he may not be playing anything the rest of this year.

Coach Vernon would be a good addition to any staff and should be a great one for W'burg. Do Robinson and Vernon both teach at W'burg?

 

YES.

Coach Vernon and Coach Robinson are fine young men. Brent has surely picked up a little along the way. Growing up with his dad and brother he has been exposed to basketball his whole life. His wife was a better player than him and I believe her dad was a coach. He can't go to the in laws and escape shop talk. Barton himself told me he was playing so I expect to see him out there. C.J. Jones should be a big help this year also with his length and athletiscm. Daniel Pettit is a big kid who if he wants can play. Cory Fleenor is my favorite with his take no prisoners approach. If they could get Root to play they would be ready to roll. Cameron Smoak is becoming a big kid and if he can stay out of the way of his feet he should give them some valuable minutes.

YES.

 

OK, could be the start of a first class coaching staff.

I think Williamsburg has the opportunity to win some games this year. It will help when the football players get in the gym to practice with the rest of the team. I know the ones that play football seem to contribute alot to the basketball team with Petit being a big man with years of experience and Payne coming along like he has and of course there is Lowrie and Taylor with these guys to add to the roster it should make for a deep bench.

I would personally like to see Cody Perkins on the court.

I would personally like to see Cody Perkins on the court.
If he plays basketball like he does football he'll be tough to handle but will struggle with foul trouble.
I think Williamsburg has the opportunity to win some games this year. It will help when the football players get in the gym to practice with the rest of the team. I know the ones that play football seem to contribute alot to the basketball team with Petit being a big man with years of experience and Payne coming along like he has and of course there is Lowrie and Taylor with these guys to add to the roster it should make for a deep bench.

Taylor is not on the roster this year.

I'm not sure about that....is his knee recovered? Last I heard was he may not be playing anything the rest of this year.

Barton's recovering well from surgery. Drs gave worst case scenario in the beginning in case the procedure didn't take. If all works out, he may be released 11/30.

 

Vernon is an asset to the coaching staff. Don't be surprised if you see a more controlled game by the Jackets this year.

I would certainly agree. Brent Vernon is a great asset to Williamsburg's team and school. That was a great hire for so many reasons. All the coaches now from high school all the way through middle school do teach at Williamsburg. Vernon and Moses seem to be dependable coaches for the Jackets. Vernon would certainly help any coaching staff and I am sure they are glad to have him. Moses is hard worker as well. Jackets are starting to get some numbers on their roster. Should be interesting to see who is out there come December.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.