Little League kid throwing 81 mph!!

HALL9

My son played for Big Sandy immediately after the kid threw in Mount Sterling. The coaches for our team said he was unhittable. He threw 3 innings and struck out 9 and only had two balls even foul tipped. They said he was unbelievable. If others can throw that hard then he could as well.

Willy Blair coached the 10 year old team in the State Cal Ripken.

Cal Ripken is an equivalent to Little League and as Firebird said it is probably more predominent in KY than Little League. Lexington is the class of the state and they are about all Cal Ripken. I saw St. Matthews from Louisville and they used to be a Little League power at the State Cal Ripken.

I don't think Cal Ripken league has made it to NKY, I know of no one that plays in it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its great that the kid can throw that fast, but there is no way he could throw that speed the entire game. The faster you throw, the harder it affects ur arm. even major leaguers cant keep their fastest speed throughout the game. i just wonder how long this kid can last........ and i eventually think he will end up becoming a closer.

I don't know what league you have been watching, but I can think of 10 pitchers who have ended the game throwing HARDER then what they did at the start! Randy Johnson 2 years ago threw his last pitch of the game at 101.

Cal Ripkin is the age division of Babe Ruth League Baseball that mirrors Little League.The Cal Ripkin division is rapidly becoming the league of choice of youth league baseball across the country. Much of Kentucky has switched from Little League to Cal Ripkin, and I think might actually now be the more dominate organization in Kentucky. Fox Sports broadcasts their World Series, just as ESPN broadcasts the Little League World Series.A team from Lexington was the Cal Ripkin World Series Champion the same year that Valley Sports was the Little League World Champion.It would have been interesting to have seen those teams go at each other.....Hatfield vs. Alvey!!!!

The team that this kid plays on is a 11/12 year old division Cal Ripkin all star team that advanced to the Cal Ripkin World Series.From what I have heard, I think he has been gunned as high as 84 MPH.I talked to some friends that saw him pitch in the Cal Ripkin state tournament and according to them, he is everything that is being advertised.The kids last name is Gott.81 mph would not be too far to fathom, I think that Aaron Alvey was shown to hit 79 when he threw in his world series games.

I dont think that Willie Blair coaches this particular team.I dont know if his son is old enough yet. I think his son plays on a travel team that he coaches, but I could be wrong on that.

This post confuses me a little bit. When I played baseball the Babe Ruth league was for kids 13-15 years. Are you saying that the Cal Ripken League is taking over for Babe Ruth, or for Little League, which was for 9-12 year olds when I played?

This post confuses me a little bit. When I played baseball the Babe Ruth league was for kids 13-15 years. Are you saying that the Cal Ripken League is taking over for Babe Ruth, or for Little League, which was for 9-12 year olds when I played?
There are several youth baseball organizations such Little League, Babe Ruth, Pony League, CABA, USSSA, AAU,NABF,Dixie League, American Legion, just to name some of them.

Babe Ruth has leagues for kids playing in the 9-12 year old category. It is referred to as the Cal Ripken division. It is just a younger ages division of the Babe Ruth organization, and falls under their jurisdiction.

Watched both Alvie and Gott pitch alot. Alvie throws harder than Gott with his top speed being 77 mph. Gott is a good pitcher but doesn't throw as hard as Alvie.
I do remember the Lexington Hearld-Leader reporting that Gott has been gunned as high as 84 mph.

just found out the other night from one of Gott's summer coaches he will be most likely in Tates Creek OF as a 7th grader next season!! That is amazing I really hope this kid can live up to the hype, if so he should be a special player in the state of KY for years to come.

You cant convince me that there is 12 year olds throwing much harder than 75.
It happens more than you think and in this case, I believe very well documented. You have exception players frol Little League and Cal Ripken, which are physically more developed at an earlier age.

Combine with the indoor training facilities in some areas, kids can work on it year around now and increase both pitching velocity, plus baseball skills.