Little League kid throwing 81 mph!!

HALL9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to believe. But it is possible. What kinda of control does this kid have? Most kids at this age with this kind of speed has very little control and bad location. They either walk ya or hit ya. Hope it's for real. Cause the Reds won't look at him if it is ?????? That could be a good thing.

It's hard to believe. But it is possible. What kinda of control does this kid have? Most kids at this age with this kind of speed has very little control and bad location. They either walk ya or hit ya. Hope it's for real. Cause the Reds won't look at him if it is ?????? That could be a good thing.

Control is as amazing as his velocity...

• 2 months later...

Anyone who has been around Little league age competition (or what ever sanctioning body you're most familiar with) for very many years, ESPECIALLY on the all-star level, will probably be able to name several kids who threw above at least 75mph. I don't mean lots, as in every team, but that it's not that big of an anomaly when you take in the total pool of players. Usually they are the early developing youngster, but with the explosion of vastly improved coaching, facilities, and year round practice:eek: I don't think it's surprising to see 80+ now and more of these type performers in an ever increasing number.

Im glad at least one human being on here expressed concern about kids arms. The number of hard throwing LL phenoms I've seen over the years who were "gonna be the next big thing" and then didn't even have much arm in HS, let alone beyond that are so huge that it completely dwarfs the # of young superstars who actually went somewhere with it.

I wish LL age youngsters could be kids again instead of minature professional athletes:cry:

Hope this young man has a happy as well as successful future :thumb:

Cheers, Woody Jr