Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKMSFL information anyone?

Featured Replies

CCHS's MS team had a TON of kids when I saw them back in August. That is great for that program but I am sure some of the other teams were wondering where all the players come from.

 

All of these kids go to CCMS. That is the only way you can play on the CCMS football team.

 

It is a combined 7th and 8th grade team (with 2 6th graders playing up). That could be the reason why there are so many players.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that having a ton of kids on one team at the middle school level is a bad idea. The reason I say this is because only a certain amount of kids get to play. Having kids stand on the sideline is not making these kids any better. It doesn't hurt the kids that play just the ones that don't. From the numbers I saw there have to be a ton of kids on the CCMS team that don't get a lot of playing time. If you are trying to make your high school team better this is not the way to do it..JMO :thumb:

All of these kids go to CCMS. That is the only way you can play on the CCMS football team.

 

It is a combined 7th and 8th grade team (with 2 6th graders playing up). That could be the reason why there are so many players.

 

The 2 combined teams have a total of around 80 players. That is a heck of a number of kids even for 6-8th. I have no clue what the enrollment numbers are for the CCMS feeder schools either. Like I said earlier the problem as explained to me was not where the student attended school. The problem was where the student lived. The agreement was that no player who lived in Boone Co would play on the team. This is from a HS coach that works with his feeder school that plays in the league.

 

We do not play Cov Cath. We do play Lex Cath which works the same way though has much fewer players.

 

I also should add that I was a little off about the make up of the league. Walton, and Pendleton both play.

I think the acronym police should be called in. CCMS is Campbell County Middle School and they have one team with about 80 players (based on above estimates). I believe barrel is referring to CovCath (there is no CovCath Middle School) with two teams combining for about 80 players.

 

I agree that 80 players on one team is not optimal. I would imagine 40 or less is still a lot to find playing time for.

If its the Northern Kentucky Middle School Football Leauge, than why cant kids from Boone Co play. If they let Walton kids play as a school team, then why cant the catholic school kids in Boone Co, play for Cov Cath (their catholic High School)? Seems like a double standard to me.

If its the Northern Kentucky Middle School Football Leauge, than why cant kids from Boone Co play. If they let Walton kids play as a school team, then why cant the catholic school kids in Boone Co, play for Cov Cath (their catholic High School)? Seems like a double standard to me.

 

Correct I was refering to the Cov Cath middle school team having 80 players.

 

Walton has defind limits on who can go there and who can not. I am not the one that came up with limit. I am just passing along the information.

The 2 combined teams have a total of around 80 players. That is a heck of a number of kids even for 6-8th. I have no clue what the enrollment numbers are for the CCMS feeder schools either. Like I said earlier the problem as explained to me was not where the student attended school. The problem was where the student lived. The agreement was that no player who lived in Boone Co would play on the team. This is from a HS coach that works with his feeder school that plays in the league.

 

We do not play Cov Cath. We do play Lex Cath which works the same way though has much fewer players.

 

I also should add that I was a little off about the make up of the league. Walton, and Pendleton both play.

 

Never was such agreement.

The only agreement this year was CovCath would have a 7th grade only team that would play in the small school division.

The league was also told that all catholic middle schools were feeder or middle schools for all catholic high schools.

And is it CovCath's fault that they have a higher percentage of kids in grades 7 and 8 playing football.

I know that half the boys in the 7th grade at St. Agnes played football this year and about third of the 8th grades.

Everyone of the kids on both teams will be going to CovCath.

As for Boone County, I believe it is only a matter of time that they will have middle school teams also.

I think the acronym police should be called in. CCMS is Campbell County Middle School and they have one team with about 80 players (based on above estimates). I believe barrel is referring to CovCath (there is no CovCath Middle School) with two teams combining for about 80 players.

 

I agree that 80 players on one team is not optimal. I would imagine 40 or less is still a lot to find playing time for.

 

Campbell Co. had no where near 80 kids.

I counted about 40.

Now they may have 80 at practice and only dress 40 of the best or 8th graders only, and the others play in Wednesday jv games.

And wants stops CCMS from doing the same thing CovCath does, have a 7th and 8th grade teams.

In regards to Walton, all of the kids on the team are from one school, Walton. There aren't kids coming from multiple schools to practice and play. They must be enrolled in Walton to play for the team. The catholic schools have multiple schools these kids come from to play. They don't just go to CovCath, obviously since they begin at 9th grade assumably. A young man who goes to any of the diocese schools that feed into CCHS is eligible to play for the middle school program. Makes the lines gray instead of black and white, but what can you do? Anytime you have high schools that have multiple feeder schools, you will run into this problem unless boundaries are put on them like the independent schools. Independent schools can accept any student, but must stay under student capacity to accept outside tuition students. If the classrooms are full, no tuition students can be taken. In-District students always take first priority. Moot point though, things like this will always be discussed and thrown around, especially when a program is having success at multiple levels.

Campbell Co. had no where near 80 kids.

I counted about 40.

Now they may have 80 at practice and only dress 40 of the best or 8th graders only, and the others play in Wednesday jv games.

And wants stops CCMS from doing the same thing CovCath does, have a 7th and 8th grade teams.

 

There are 68 players on the CCMS roster that I have.

 

CCMS 7th grade team played on Weds. nights throughout the season and beat the other "JV" teams pretty handily. I am told that the CCMS 7th grade will take the same route as CovCath and play in the small school division next year.

I was just stating what a HS coach explained to me about Cov Cath's involvement. Honestly Cov Cath needs to get out of the league and play teams throughout the state like Lex Cath. This would allow them to play in the state playoffs and play under NHSF rules instead of the NKYMS league rules.

There are 68 players on the CCMS roster that I have.

 

CCMS 7th grade team played on Weds. nights throughout the season and beat the other "JV" teams pretty handily. I am told that the CCMS 7th grade will take the same route as CovCath and play in the small school division next year.

 

68 players?! Wow, how do they find playing time for all these kids? I have heard so many arguements that kids should play there because Red Devils is too compettive that some kids would not even see the field. Well, there are about 18 kids on the senior team and they all get in every game.

That is 68 players combined between both the 7th and 8th grade teams. The 7th graders played on Wednesday nights and dressed for the 8th grade games. They played in the notorious 5th quarter. There were only @ 25 eighth grade players so the addition of the Red Devils will put the 2010 CCHS 9th grade team @ 30 kids assuming all return.

I was just stating what a HS coach explained to me about Cov Cath's involvement. Honestly Cov Cath needs to get out of the league and play teams throughout the state like Lex Cath. This would allow them to play in the state playoffs and play under NHSF rules instead of the NKYMS league rules.

 

 

Why should they?

 

The cost to travel would be extremely high to the parents and the traveling time would be tough as most families have more than one child and go from game to game on Saturday. Soccer, Volleyball etc.

 

So why move out of the NKYMS! Seems no one cared last year when CovCath didn't make it to the championship games!:idunno:

I was just stating what a HS coach explained to me about Cov Cath's involvement. Honestly Cov Cath needs to get out of the league and play teams throughout the state like Lex Cath. This would allow them to play in the state playoffs and play under NHSF rules instead of the NKYMS league rules.

 

Are you going to apply the same rules to NCC , Brossart, and HC.

The same middle school rules apply for them.

The CovCath team was submit to the league and checked.

How about kids that live in Boone Co. but attend a catholic school in Kenton Co.

How about kids that go to St. Pius or St Agnes but play for HC.

As the Theoldguy said, nobody said a word last year.

The MORE I read your posts, I think you just have a problem with catholic school in general.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.