Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKMSFL information anyone?

Featured Replies

NCC-3

CovCath-0.....I believe this game went into O.T.

 

 

 

CovCath-44

Campbell County-8

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newport Central Catholic beat CovCath #2 by a score of 3-0 in OT

 

The NCC PK hit a 29 yard FG to win the game and the Championship for NCC

 

Really was a very, very well played game by both sides!

 

Congrats to NCC and the young seventh graders on the CovCath #2 team have no reason to hang their heads.

 

CovCath #1 44 Campbell County MS 8

 

CovCath completely dominated this game from the first offense play were Pope ran 65 yards for a TD to the last TD scored by the second team in the fourth quarter.

 

Campbell County had no answer for Dressman and Pope nor the CovCath #1 Defense.

 

BTW I learned the young man name who impressed me so much on the "D" side of the ball for CovCath #1 and he had a another INT tonight. His name is Adam Fischer #1. Outstanding job young man!

 

BTW if you would like to listen to both game. Click here for the NCC vs CovCath game

 

Click here for the CovCath vs. Campbell County MS game.

Started the new thread because I did not pay attention to the caps and it was closed. Sorry everyone.

 

Congrats to NCC and Cov. Cath.

How do CovCath and NewCath determine who is eligible to play middle school ball for them? Both schools are high school only with no middle school.

How do CovCath and NewCath determine who is eligible to play middle school ball for them? Both schools are high school only with no middle school.

 

 

Good question and it has presented some eligibility questions this year. I am sure the league AD's / coaches will discuss in off season. The league has come a long way and gets better each year. The biggest thing this year is that I believe every school also had a complete 8 - 10 game JV schedule. :thumb:

To be eligible for CovCath, NewCath, Holy Cross or Brossart the players must attend one of the dicesan grade schools. What eligibility questions have there been?

NCC had 30 players from their catholic feeder schools, Brossart and Holy Cross the same.

Great game in the small school division finals.

Congratulations to the Breds and Colonels on great years. No surprise in the large school division, CovCath rolled all year.

 

 

Congratulations to Coach Brauley and his staff at NCC. They had quite a few kids who never played football before this year and most of those kids played significant roles in the great year they had.

What happened to Campbell Co.??? I thought they were supposed to be on par with the CovCath squad. I am sure when they combine with the Red Devil kids at the frosh level they will have a decent team..:thumb:

To be eligible for CovCath, NewCath, Holy Cross or Brossart the players must attend one of the dicesan grade schools. What eligibility questions have there been?

 

I do not know what area the dicesan covers but I believe the teams were told that Cov Cath would not have any players from Boone Co on the team. I am not sure if they did or not but I believe some working with the league believe there were Boone Co players on the team.

I do not know what area the dicesan covers but I believe the teams were told that Cov Cath would not have any players from Boone Co on the team. I am not sure if they did or not but I believe some working with the league believe there were Boone Co players on the team.
Why not no Catholic High School in Boone Co has a football team .

I am not part of the league. I have friends that coach in the schools in the league and/or are HS coaches that are involved with their feeder schools. I believe from talking to them the idea is that the Boone Co kids can play in the Boone Co league. The coach told me that the enrollment restriction was part of letting them into the league. The league is restricted to Kenton and Campbell Co schools and their students.

Why not no Catholic High School in Boone Co has a football team .

 

I am not part of the league. I have friends that coach in the schools in the league and/or are HS coaches that are involved with their feeder schools. I believe from talking to them the idea is that the Boone Co kids can play in the Boone Co league. The coach told me that the enrollment restriction was part of letting them into the league. The league is restricted to Kenton and Campbell Co schools and their students.

 

Sad, but probably true.

Why not no Catholic High School in Boone Co has a football team .

 

Forgot to say no public school in Boone Co has a football team either.

Where would students from Boone County Diocesan grade schools go to HS if they want to play football?

 

If this is only a Campbell / Kenton league, then I can understand the restrictions against Boone County players. That's a problem if a team is not abiding by the eligibilty rules, especially the first year in the league.

Where would students from Boone County Diocesan grade schools go to HS if they want to play football?

 

If this is only a Campbell / Kenton league, then I can understand the restrictions against Boone County players. That's a problem if a team is not abiding by the eligibilty rules, especially the first year in the league.

 

If they want to play football then they either go to a Catholic HS that has it or any of the Boone Co public schools. Boone Co kids play in the Boone Co youth league through the 8th grade. All the schools in the NKMSFL are Kenton and Campbell Co schools. The students must be enrolled in those public schools to play in it. With the private schools I am sure there is some type of restriction if the private school does not have a self contained feeder school.

 

CCHS's MS team had a TON of kids when I saw them back in August. That is great for that program but I am sure some of the other teams were wondering where all the players come from.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.