Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKMSFL information anyone?

Featured Replies

There are 68 players on the CCMS roster that I have.

 

CCMS 7th grade team played on Weds. nights throughout the season and beat the other "JV" teams pretty handily. I am told that the CCMS 7th grade will take the same route as CovCath and play in the small school division next year.

 

That is a good idea, I hope they do.

As for CovCath 7th grade next year, noone has any idea how they will be next year.

It just happens that the 7th and 8th grade this year has some very good football players.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to apply the same rules to NCC , Brossart, and HC.

The same middle school rules apply for them.

The CovCath team was submit to the league and checked.

How about kids that live in Boone Co. but attend a catholic school in Kenton Co.

How about kids that go to St. Pius or St Agnes but play for HC.

As the Theoldguy said, nobody said a word last year.

The MORE I read your posts, I think you just have a problem with catholic school in general.

 

My team does not play in this league. We play and have played Lex Cath's middle school for a number of years. We trade tape and have a good relationship with them. We play LCA (yes I know they are not a Catholic school but are private). We have no issue playing Catholic schools. We scrimaged Cov Cath this year. Heck we would play them if we could. On the HS level I talk with guys from both Trinity's staff and St X. So to say I have an issue with Catholic schools is WAY off base.

 

I have stated this a number of times and I am not sure if people are not reading it or what. A HS coach that has a feeder school in the league is/was working under the impression that the players on Cov Cath's team would not live in Boone Co. I do not care where they get their players.

 

Lex Cath plays teams throughout the state and I am sure they have the same issues Cov Cath does. They seem to do ok. The NKYMSFL does not play by Fed rules. That honestly favors an offense in a number of ways. The teams out in the state want to play the best teams. I would think Cov Cath would want a chance to play Bell Co, Bowling Green, Lex Cath, Bluegrass (feeder school to John Harden), Shelby West, and other top programs. It is a different brand of football when you get more out into the state at the MS level.

My team does not play in this league. We play and have played Lex Cath's middle school for a number of years. We trade tape and have a good relationship with them. We play LCA (yes I know they are not a Catholic school but are private). We have no issue playing Catholic schools. We scrimaged Cov Cath this year. Heck we would play them if we could. On the HS level I talk with guys from both Trinity's staff and St X. So to say I have an issue with Catholic schools is WAY off base.

 

I have stated this a number of times and I am not sure if people are not reading it or what. A HS coach that has a feeder school in the league is/was working under the impression that the players on Cov Cath's team would not live in Boone Co. I do not care where they get their players.

 

Lex Cath plays teams throughout the state and I am sure they have the same issues Cov Cath does. They seem to do ok. The NKYMSFL does not play by Fed rules. That honestly favors an offense in a number of ways. The teams out in the state want to play the best teams. I would think Cov Cath would want a chance to play Bell Co, Bowling Green, Lex Cath, Bluegrass (feeder school to John Harden), Shelby West, and other top programs. It is a different brand of football when you get more out into the state at the MS level.

 

Barrel, I will totaly agree with you that the teams down south are a different breed of football to the NKY teams. Each have there own style if you will. I would love to see more games played between these teams. I know one issue for the NKY teams is that most of them do not have bus service for the players. Parents have to take them to and from games, which is fine when playing in the NKY area, most schools are pretty close to each other. When talking about traveling to the Lexington area to play a middle school football game, im not sure how well that will go over with both Administration and Parents in the NKY area.

 

Also, (and please correct my if I am wrong) dont most of the teams down south play roughly 2 games a week (Tuesday & Thursday, or a weekday and a Saturday?) I think there is a belief up north that you have to simulate the High Schools to a T. One game a week is enough, 7 to 8 games a season is plenty.

 

Congrats to Cov Cath 8th and NCC, both teams played very well this season and I believe the best teams won. I think this whole Cov Cath issue is a non issue IMO.

Most teams only play once a week on either a Tues or Thursday's. I think in NKY one of those nights (Thursday's?) is the JV or Frosh. I was told by 2 different HS staffs that their teams (MS/feeders) could not play on those nights because of that. In addition they said they would not be able to get officals which is incorrect.

 

Now in eastern KY there are a number of teams that play a CRAZY amount of games. I am talking some teams play 15 games.

 

I understand the travel. When you have to travel 1hr plus on a bus to get a game it makes it hard on the team. That is what we have to do due to having trouble finding teams to play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.