Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indoor Practice Facilities

Featured Replies

I saw some people on a different thread talking about how some Kentucky high school teams have an indoor practice facility (not a gym). No matter how big it is. If anybody has pictures of the facilities it would be cool to post them on here so everybody can see them and maybe get a little sad:cry: they don't have one. :D I am not for sure, but have heard that Mercer County, Henry County, Mayfield, Larue County all have some type of indoor football facility.

Simon Kenton doesn't have one yet, but it is coming. I think it's projection to be done by next football season.

Knox Central has a couple of pictures in an old thread if you search.

Corbin, but I don't have pictures.

I went inside Henry County's last year when I was down there for the bowl games. It was pretty amazing. I believe the turf was donated by the Titans actually if I remembre correctly.

Simon Kenton doesn't have one yet, but it is coming. I think it's projection to be done by next football season.

 

Just by any chance do you who is paying for this???? Tax payers?? Fund raising??? I know Ryle had someone write a check. :confused:

What a waste of money unless you are using it for track and baseball also. SK has practiced deep into November one time and now they need a bubble?? Come on. How can any school district justify spending money on this?

What a waste of money unless you are using it for track and baseball also. SK has practiced deep into November one time and now they need a bubble?? Come on. How can any school district justify spending money on this?

 

I can tell you if it's by tax payer money, I am totally against it. I'm tired of seeing my money used for these projects that seem to keep up with the Jones'. I mean really, how much do they need. If anyone needs something, give Scott a new field.

What a waste of money unless you are using it for track and baseball also. SK has practiced deep into November one time and now they need a bubble?? Come on. How can any school district justify spending money on this?

 

Any time money is spent for the benifit of the kids it is not only justified but money well spent! Period! End of discussion!

Are most of these "indoor" facilities at County Schools?

Any time money is spent for the benifit of the kids it is not only justified but money well spent! Period! End of discussion!

 

Thanks, I agree, the rest is sour grapes. Wasn't going to comment because of my obvious bias. If you can do it more power to you.

Any time money is spent for the benifit of the kids it is not only justified but money well spent! Period! End of discussion!

 

So I guess the kids at Piner Elem. (a Kenton County School) can just keep having class in those trailers for a few more years. Or the parents can keep using a gravel drive way to drop their kids off becouse the county will not pay $8,000 to have it paved. "Money well spent". No wonder Ky ranks so low in Edu. :madman:

So I guess the kids at Piner Elem. (a Kenton County School) can just keep having class in those trailers for a few more years. Or the parents can keep using a gravel drive way to drop their kids off because the county will not pay $8,000 to have it paved. "Money well spent". No wonder Ky ranks so low in Edu. :madman:

 

Preach on Bro!!!

Any time money is spent for the benifit of the kids it is not only justified but money well spent! Period! End of discussion!

 

 

Maybe, just maybe, if every academic need is taken care of I could agree with your statement but in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, no County can make that statement!

 

Academics is the reason the government requires children to attend school not sports and the sooner the general public accepts that, the better off this Country/Commonwealth will be.

 

"Playing sports is for fun, getting a great education last a lifetime"!

The highest indicator of successful schools is school climate...more kids play sports, more success, higher school climate-this is a FACT. Not many schools in this state are considered "successful" by NCLB that don't also follow suit with successful sports programs. Highlands-Bardstown-Beechwood-Mayfeild-E'town...etc. Can name MANY, also have successful sports programs...across the board. Just something to think about. Why is Texas football so good, yet they have good schools? They often go hand in hand.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.