Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Indoor Practice Facilities

Featured Replies

I'm pretty sure by law a county cannot do work on school (federal) property. They can give them money, but someone else has to do the work.

So I guess the kids at Piner Elem. (a Kenton County School) can just keep having class in those trailers for a few more years. Or the parents can keep using a gravel drive way to drop their kids off becouse the county will not pay $8,000 to have it paved. "Money well spent". No wonder Ky ranks so low in Edu. :madman:

 

 

[Maybe, just maybe, if every academic need is taken care of I could agree with your statement but in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, no County can make that statement!

 

Academics is the reason the government requires children to attend school not sports and the sooner the general public accepts that, the better off this Country/Commonwealth will be.

 

"Playing sports is for fun, getting a great education last a lifetime"!]

 

 

I don't disagree that education should always be the most important thing but I also know that both education and athletics go hand in hand in many ways. But to respond to your posts, I do know that monies recieved by school systems are ear marked for certain things and have to be spent for the purposes they were received and that needs to be taken into consideration! I wasn't trying to offend anyone and was talking in general not about any one school or situation. I do know one case that money was spent on athletics and people were upset the money wasn't spent on much needed computers but the money was given to the school system ear marked to upgrade athletic facilities so that is what they had to do with it because it's the law. Your situation may be different. Please remember the following statement was the one I posted a reply to (What a waste of money unless you are using it for track and baseball also. SK has practiced deep into November one time and now they need a bubble?? Come on. How can any school district justify spending money on this?) so I think my post was dead on right for that statement! I would not have replied in that manner if the post would have said "why not help out the elementry kids first because they have a greater need!" Hope that sheds some light and calms some of you down a bit I would hate to think one of my posts caused someone to have a stroke!:D

By the way jarheade5 does your name mean you are a former United States Marine?

I may be biased as I'm going to school to be an educator, but until these kids have all classes in a classroom. Also, those classrooms need the technological advances necessary for these children to succeed. That includes the smartboard which is an amazing advancement in education. America is losing their high paying jobs and other things to immigrants for a reason. We talk about how that needs to change so change it!

 

It seems like in the high school and college level we forget too often that these kids are student athletes. Not athlete students. I do not care where the money is coming from unless Jeff Marksberry is dropping the dime for the land and everything there is no way getting this before the academic needs can be justified.

I may be biased as I'm going to school to be an educator, but until these kids have all classes in a classroom. Also, those classrooms need the technological advances necessary for these children to succeed. That includes the smartboard which is an amazing advancement in education. America is losing their high paying jobs and other things to immigrants for a reason. We talk about how that needs to change so change it!

 

It seems like in the high school and college level we forget too often that these kids are student athletes. Not athlete students. I do not care where the money is coming from unless Jeff Marksberry is dropping the dime for the land and everything there is no way getting this before the academic needs can be justified.

 

Again, I don't disagree with what you are saying but since you are getting into the educational field you will find out that it is not always that simple and that everything isn't always black and white! You may want to use money for one thing but since it was given to the school system in a certain catagory of use it has to be used for that purpose. If the Superintendant or principal spends it on anything else they would be legally liable for misuse of funds which could cost them their career! I am telling you things are not always as simple as they appear or even as they should be when it comes to the business of education! Just my .02!

The practice facility is not really Mayfield's. The building is an indoor soccer complex. There are two of them and Mayfield and Graves County both get to use them.

Again, I don't disagree with what you are saying but since you are getting into the educational field you will find out that it is not always that simple and that everything isn't always black and white! You may want to use money for one thing but since it was given to the school system in a certain catagory of use it has to be used for that purpose. If the Superintendant or principal spends it on anything else they would be legally liable for misuse of funds which could cost them their career! I am telling you things are not always as simple as they appear or even as they should be when it comes to the business of education! Just my .02!

 

I understand that believe it or not, but if the there is anything else besides Marksberry paying or a grant coming that pays for the WHOLE project then it is bull. I understand however if the state says here's money for a new scoreboard you either say no or get a new scoreboard. You don't take it for text books.:thumb:

 

I just think, and many will agree that we need to take a hard look at where our priorities are. All the way down to the state level.

Henry County has a really nice one. They built theirs off of grants and donations. It is really nice and now they have a complete school and athletic complex. The new school is amazing. If anyone has a chance to see it, they will understand.

I don't have the pictures anymore, but Corbin's field house is pretty nice. offices, showers/locker rooms (football), retractable batting cages, portable mounds, weight room, and so on.

 

The facility is used for all outdoor sports...boys and girls. Funds were donated to the Varsity Club by the community for the construction.

By the way jarheade5 does your name mean you are a former United States Marine?

 

No such thing as Former, Once one Always one.

Simon Kenton's indoor facility isn't just for football. It will be for all athletics, just like each of the gyms are.

Any time money is spent for the benifit of the kids it is not only justified but money well spent! Period! End of discussion!

 

No, not period not end of discussion. The money for an indoor facility has to take money from another part of the budget. Now if all of the school programs in Kenton Co are fully funded then have at it. However let's not pretend that this is necessary or the best way to benefit the kids. This is a tool to take advantage of open enrollment in Kenton Co.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.