Danville 2009 = Mayfield 2008?

westsider

I've been noting with interest Danville's tough season, which from a distance looks a lot like the year Mayfield went through in 2008.

Mayfield's problems were rather easy to pinpoint ... a lack of discipline, which also showed up on the field and led to some infighting and the team falling apart whenever they were confronted with adversity.

Are similar things going on in Admiral Country?

The 2009 ads are inexperienced, young, physically weak, and not very fast. Add to that, they have played a treacherous schedule that has totally ruined their psychy. Then turn around and people are ridiculing them at every instance, because they are not playing up to standard. Yeah, I would say they are on edge a little. Still, they are playing hard, and as a JV team playing varsity teams they are doing the best they can. What is amazing is that people get so excited about beating this team (as if they were beating other Danville teams)

It sounds like more of a talent problem than an attitute problem...Danville will bounce back quickly and be back in the title hunt before long. You can bank on that. Every team, especially the 1a and 2a teams, will occassionally go through a dry spell, rough patch or whatever you wanna call it and be devoid of there usual talent. Mayfield had talent last year, but, poor chemistry, but, they were still down on the talent side a little, as well, with a small Sr class...Beechwood may be going through it this year, too, but, it happens, but, programs like these don't stay down for long...

The 2009 ads are inexperienced, young, physically weak, and not very fast. Add to that, they have played a treacherous schedule that has totally ruined their psychy. Then turn around and people are ridiculing them at every instance, because they are not playing up to standard. Yeah, I would say they are on edge a little. Still, they are playing hard, and as a JV team playing varsity teams they are doing the best they can. What is amazing is that people get so excited about beating this team (as if they were beating other Danville teams)

Danville is Danville. It's a big deal when a school that doesn't usually beat them does so. In 20 years, nobody's going to remember that this was a down year for the Ads, just that their school got a win that year over one of the most historically dominant schools in the state.

This Danville team is loaded with good kids...They are just young and inexperienced!Once they Start believing in themselves things will start clicking.I was at practice today and Coach Harp was coaching his tail off like He has been doing all season long...I feel that this Friday the game with Fort Knox will be the start of these guys getting some confidence built back up...

These Kids just need to start having fun and the rest will take care of itself...:thumb:

The first half against Mason County in the season opener got Danville off on the wrong foot, to be sure. Down 41-7 at half (in a game that saw a few more folks in the prediction thread take the Ads than the Royals) and getting the QB dinged up was not a confidence-builder by any means.

Danville has too proud a tradition to be down for long, though. Same for Mayfield (witness this year compared to last).