3. Jordan Mcguffin South Oldham

4. Tori Wilhoit Williamstown

5. Emily Lape Oldham County

6. Sydni Wainscott Simon Kenton

7. Eko Kemper Owen County

8. Hannah Devine Carroll County

9. Jasmine Whitfield South Oldham

10. Brooke Hill Gallatin County

Well....The team rankings I wont take much of a problem with. After South Oldham and to some degree Simon Kenton everybody else (down to Walton) is pretty close. The player rankings are horrible IMO. For example, Jordan Mcguffin isn't a better player then Jasmine Whitfield....not that Jordan doesn't deserve to be where she is at...she might be in the top 5 in the region....she just doesn't need to be ahead of Whitfield who is on her own team and is a better player. I have no idea why Wainscott is that low either. No disrespect to any of the players ahead of her but every coach in the region would take her before some of the ones listed ahead of her.

The write-ups are full of bad information. Looks like the author just looked at the rosters from last year and mentioned all the older players, without actually knowing anything about the teams. How does Shelby County have that many forwards listed and Wells not even get a mention? The writer just looked at the roster and listed the older kids, even though none of them will play over Wells. And that is just one example because the whole write up is full of errors like that.

If I'm going to publish something I'm going to try and do a little research before I just write some names in that I got off a roster.

I agree. The write-ups are terrible. I think they just try to mention names to sell magazines. It states that Owen County's boys will be looking to replace Landon Marston. Well, he graduated in 2003. Drew Marston graduated last year. I've seen them mention kids who had quit the previous year and wouldn't even be playing.

The profile on Anderson has two kids that aren't even on the team. They don't mention Wells from Shelby, who could very well be their best player. To that point, I have a hard time believing that Anderson or Shelby doesn't have a top 10 player between them. I could go on, but I just don't think a lot of work went into it.

I also find it offensive that the state college's womens teams don't get a mention when all the men's teams do. The only womens' team featured is UK. With all the success that NKU's womens' team has had they don't even get a mention.

I agree. The write-ups are terrible. I think they just try to mention names to sell magazines. It states that Owen County's boys will be looking to replace Landon Marston. Well, he graduated in 2003. Drew Marston graduated last year. I've seen them mention kids who had quit the previous year and wouldn't even be playing.

Who wrote the article? Did the coaches votes these as the top ten players?

I totally agree - the boys and girls articles both have numerous errors. Don't believe there was any research put into this at all. Curious as to how the information is gathered and how the top 10 is chosen.

This is not only for the 8th region but other regions as well. I've been getting this publication for several years now and this is one of the worst as far as errors go.:confused:

Who wrote the article? Did the coaches votes these as the top ten players?

Coaches vote on the end of year All Region selections. Gayhart, Mcguffin, Dixon, Wilhoit, Devine and Hill were all voted to the team by the coaches last year. That could be how some of these players are listed now.