Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County/ Conner Predictions

Who will win? 62 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I see this game is listed as being played on 10/1. Is this going to be on T.V? The way Simon Kenton ran on Conner it could be a very long night with Boone's running game,

  • Replies 30
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this game is listed as being played on 10/1. Is this going to be on T.V? The way Simon Kenton ran on Conner it could be a very long night with Boone's running game,

 

But at the same time, Boone's defense is not Simon Kenton's and Conner will be able to put up some pretty nice numbers. I think Conner will rebound strongly and beat Boone. Stopping Boone's running game is an easier task than SK, as defenses know Boone has no passing game to complement the run and don't even pretend that they do.

Conner 35, Boone 28.

Comparing Boone's running game to SK's is apples and oranges. Simpson is a special athlete that does not come around very often. Reminds me of Shaun Alexander a little..........I think any team would/will have trouble stopping SK's run game.

Jarheade5: Conner website shows this as a 10/2/09 game at 7:00 and it is Conner homecoming. Where did you see the 10/1 date?

  • Author
Jarheade5: Conner website shows this as a 10/2/09 game at 7:00 and it is Conner homecoming. Where did you see the 10/1 date?

 

NKY.com under Ky.high school sports.

  • Author
Comparing Boone's running game to SK's is apples and oranges. Simpson is a special athlete that does not come around very often. Reminds me of Shaun Alexander a little..........I think any team would/will have trouble stopping SK's run game.

 

I may be wrong but I though last year Boone's running back was ahead of Simpson in the all state team.

I may be wrong but I though last year Boone's running back was ahead of Simpson in the all state team.

 

Boone finally made it through a tough four game start, I think every one would agree. The old saying " if it doesn,t kill you, it only makes you better", I think this showed in there first district game. I agree 100%, need to improve passing the ball. Seemed Alford started the season off passing productivily, but after going through Anderson and Highlands it seems to have taken a step back. I can only assume Thompson saw the running game was working against Campbell and decided to secure a win and get the team on a positive note going into to the rest of the seson. Any team with Quainoo and Oppenheimer in the same back field, would do the same thing, if it works, keep using it. Boone needs to work on improving their weeknesses this weak in practice. Both teams have stong parts to their game and it seems they are opposite to each other this year, makes for a good game next Friday night. Good luck to both teams.

Both teams are about the same. It will be all about the line and who controls it. I'll just go with the gut and pick Conner in a close game. 21-14

So does anyone know for sure why the discerepency in date of this game? See above post.... Newspaper this morning also shows this as a Thursday night game - but CHS website shows this as Friday game and homecoming. Also, freshman schedule ( not that it matters) shows fosh play thursday night at 6:00 at Highlands.... Is this scheduled to be a "Thursday game of the week" and no one knows about it?

 

When exactly is this game??????

 

No matter when the game , I am really concerned about Cougar inability to wrap and tackle - this will hurt them vs Boone. Defense needs some work to get a winner vs a tough Boone running game. Will Helmig dare Boone to throw by putting eight in the box and stuffing the run with keying on the running backs?

 

And I really do want to know when this game is so I show up on the right day :)

Edited by bugatti

Conner 24

BCHS 17

I may be wrong but I though last year Boone's running back was ahead of Simpson in the all state team.

 

This is not last year.

Due to a scheduling mix up with Fox Sports, this game is being played on Friday night at Conner. Originally, it was to be played on Thursday night and be on TV for the high school game of week. Fox sports double scheduled games.

I may be wrong but I though last year Boone's running back was ahead of Simpson in the all state team.

 

He may have been, but he is not near as talented...Boone had a great rushing attack last year but their tailback rushed the ball 30+ times per game. That may be the reason for his all-state status being higher.

Quainoo runs just as hard as Simpson. If Boone's defense can stop a pass based offense like last week, Boone will win.

 

Boone 28

Connor 14

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.