Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top impact freshmen for 2009-10

Featured Replies

With more and more players leaving college for the NBA after one season, freshmen are taking on greater roles and greater responsibility with each passing year in college basketball. So as the 2009-10 campaign grows closer on the calendar, here are 20 freshmen who will make the biggest impact for their teams this season.

 

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/10068688/Top-impact-freshmen-for-2009-10

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Just noticed, but no Xavier Henry?

I disagree with most of the list, so not sure how much faith I put in the writer...

I look for John Wall to be the floor general and the leader of this UK team his mixture of size and speed makes him very hard to defend. Also Demarcus Cousins might just help Patterson have his most dominating season because he will take alot of pressure off Pat. Teams have two 6'9''+ athletes to worry about in the paint.

I look for John Wall to be the floor general and the leader of this UK team his mixture of size and speed makes him very hard to defend. Also Demarcus Cousins might just help Patterson have his most dominating season because he will take alot of pressure off Pat. Teams have two 6'9''+ athletes to worry about in the paint.

 

Unless you are talking about Cousins and Orton I will disagree with you. Patterson isn't 6'9".

Unless you are talking about Cousins and Orton I will disagree with you. Patterson isn't 6'9".

 

I just go by what I read and I have never read him listed under 6'9''. I see him twice a week in the hall and he isn't much smaller than Orton, and Orton is 6'10''.

  • Author
I just go by what I read and I have never read him listed under 6'9''. I see him twice a week in the hall and he isn't much smaller than Orton, and Orton is 6'10''.

Patterson is 6'7" at best...

  • Author
I won't take your word for it.

Good for you... :thumb:

Patterson is 6'7" at best...

 

Based on what?

 

Just read where he's "probably really only 6 foot 8 inches," which I believe. Article also said he has a wingspan over 7 feet.

 

Another scouting report that states Patterson checked in at "6'8'' without shoes." http://www.nbadraft.net/players/patrick-patterson

  • Author
Based on what?

 

Just read where he's "probably really only 6 foot 8 inches," which I believe. Article also said he has a wingspan over 7 feet.

 

Another scouting report that states Patterson checked in at "6'8'' without shoes." http://www.nbadraft.net/players/patrick-patterson

Based on seeing him next to guys who are actually in the 6'8" and bigger size category. And that report is from 2006. There is NO WAY he was 6'8" three years ago. Zero chance.

 

His wingspan is legit, and is a big reason why being undersized isn't as much of a factor. 6'8" with shoes I would buy, but unless you measured to the top of the fro he is simply not 6'8"...

Based on seeing him next to guys who are actually in the 6'8" and bigger size category. And that report is from 2006. There is NO WAY he was 6'8" three years ago. Zero chance.

 

His wingspan is legit, and is a big reason why being undersized isn't as much of a factor. 6'8" with shoes I would buy, but unless you measured to the top of the fro he is simply not 6'8"...

 

I don't buy the comparative height stuff.

 

I've seen Patterson and don't think he's 6'9'', but I do believe he's 6'8''. Regardless, it's an inch. Even if he was 6'9'', he'd have to play the wing & develop an outside game to be a star on the next level.

Patterson may be undersized but so was that Maxiell and they play the same kinda game. Patterson will also be the better bball play in my opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.