Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top impact freshmen for 2009-10

Featured Replies

You can take my word for it I see Demarcus and Orton ever Monday and Wednesday and the one time I saw Patterson he doesn't compare. Orton and Cousins are towers compared to Patterson.

 

 

Patterson may end up being a poor man's Charles Barkley. He's not as thick as Chuck, but he is definitely more ripped.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think i really matters who is in there. Patterson will get a lot more open looks and hopefully has been working on his 7'-12' jump shot.

I disagree with most of the list, so not sure how much faith I put in the writer...

 

Does Bledsoe belong on that list?

  • Author
Does Bledsoe belong on that list?

Maybe around the 20 spot...

Maybe around the 20 spot...

 

How do you see Siva comparing to him and the other PG's in this class? Kind of surprised to see some of these names on here above him. Of course I am bias, but I think Siva is a little undervalued.

  • Author
How do you see Siva comparing to him and the other PG's in this class? Kind of surprised to see some of these names on here above him. Of course I am bias, but I think Siva is a little undervalued.

No doubt in my mind Siva is undervalued. I think he will be the starting PG by some time in early January if not sooner...

Supposedly Bledsoe gives Wall all he wants everyday in practice. But how much faith can you put in that?

No doubt in my mind Siva is undervalued. I think he will be the starting PG by some time in early January if not sooner...

 

Undervalued? Isn't he the #7 PG in the Nation & a Mickey D's All - American (which is the world's most famous recognition for a HS player)? He's essentially in everyone's top 25 - 30 players in the NATION.

 

I suppose that I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure "undervalued" is appropriate.

  • Author
Undervalued? Isn't he the #7 PG in the Nation & a Mickey D's All - American (which is the world's most famous recognition for a HS player)? He's essentially in everyone's top 25 - 30 players in the NATION.

 

I suppose that I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure "undervalued" is appropriate.

A guy like Edgar Sosa was overvalued as a recruit simply because his name was out there a lot. So when articles like this are published by guys that have seen very few to none of these guys play as they come into college the names they hear most often get the hype even if it is clear by actually watching them play that it will take a little time for them to even be close to college ready. I simply think Siva is on the flip side of that hype. Bledsoe was as well until the last month or two before signing day and then quickly became a big name for no reason other than every big program in the country is looking for PG help at every turn (well that and the magical improved transcript)....

A guy like Edgar Sosa was overvalued as a recruit simply because his name was out there a lot. So when articles like this are published by guys that have seen very few to none of these guys play as they come into college the names they hear most often get the hype even if it is clear by actually watching them play that it will take a little time for them to even be close to college ready. I simply think Siva is on the flip side of that hype. Bledsoe was as well until the last month or two before signing day and then quickly became a big name for no reason other than every big program in the country is looking for PG help at every turn (well that and the magical improved transcript)....

 

I'd agree with you that kids are overhyped. It's not difficult for an athlete (which all of the top recruits are) to dominate games at times. When they step onto the college floor, they are no longer the most athletic & the most mature player out there, which tends to frustrate their game.

 

As far as the magically improved transcript, let me guess...WWW, too, right?

  • Author

As far as the magically improved transcript, let me guess...WWW, too, right?

 

Nah. Just a change in schools and refusing to send it out after the switch until there was a qualifying test score to work with. I know two sets of coaches that got to see both and it wasn't some crazy mystery what happened. Have you listened to him talk? I'm not sure he could spell talk and I dealt with him over 3 months...

Nah. Just a change in schools and refusing to send it out after the switch until there was a qualifying test score to work with. I know two sets of coaches that got to see both and it wasn't some crazy mystery what happened. Have you listened to him talk? I'm not sure he could spell talk and I dealt with him over 3 months...

 

Yes, I've heard the kid speak, and he is far from impressive with a mic in his hands; however, there are plenty of 17, 18, 19 year old kids & even adults who don't speak well.

 

I hope he takes the opportunity that he's been given & makes the most if it. Both on & off the basketball court.

  • Author

I hope he takes the opportunity that he's been given & makes the most if it. Both on & off the basketball court.

 

Same here. He wasn't a bad kid to deal with, just not a very smart one. That doesn't change the things I know happened in his recruiting process...

Same here. He wasn't a bad kid to deal with, just not a very smart one. That doesn't change the things I know happened in his recruiting process...

 

:thumb:

 

I deal with a group of kids who have made some dumb mistakes & are not the brighest crayons in the box on a weekly basis. It gets frustrating, but you can tell that some (and I stress "some") of them want to do positive things.

 

None of them will have the opportunity to receive a free education, nor play a sport for money.

 

And while we're at it, if you have an accusation of wrongdoing, go ahead & say it. Innuendos and hints don't help anybody...

  • Author

And while we're at it, if you have an accusation of wrongdoing, go ahead & say it. Innuendos and hints don't help anybody...

 

I'm pretty sure I've been very clear on what I know about Bledsoe. His transcript in his JR year was VERY different than what was sent out down the stretch of his recruitment. Had zero to do with UK and went down before Cal even took the UK job...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.