Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

With the 1st Pick....

Who would you take with the 1st pick?? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Who would you take with the 1st pick??

    • MJD
      2%
    • Michael Turner
      0%
      0
    • Adrian Peterson
      91%
    • Matt Forte
      2%
    • Drew Brees
      2%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

in your fantasy draft, who you got?

 

I was having this debate at work with some co-wokers, and we got a couple different answers. Who would you take and why? I'll let you know what side of the debate I was on, once we get some responses...

The league I am in has a scoring system where Bree's would've been #1 last year. Basically 4,000 yds passing equates to 1,600 yds rushing. Drew had 5,000. Also, get a point for every completion and 6 for passing TDs. I don't like that set up, but its the one i'm in this year. Makes Brees the man.

If it is a point per reception league I would go with MJD. Otherwise, I go with Michael Turner.

Adrian Peterson. Not Brees, because QB position is deeper, and I think AP will have better numbers relative to the number #5 RB than Brees will to the number #5 QB (for example).

I would take Adrien Peterson...but I'm glad to see my FF QB listed in this group lol.

The answer depends so much on the scoring system you are using. One of my leagues awards points for every completion by the QB. Totally overvalues QB IMO, but given that set of scoring rules, you have to pick a QB first and Brees is the logical pick. In most "normal" leagues, a stud RB is invaluable. Once Peterson, Turner, MJD, and Forte are gone, you are clearly in the second tier of RB's by the time your second pick comes along, so I'd go with Peterson. (I think he'll catch more passes out of backfield this season with Favre at QB).

Peterson

 

He's the safest pick. And, to say the Vikings schedule is favorable is an understatement. Plus, Favre's presence will open up some room for him.

 

I'm not saying one of the other guys could be better, but Peterson is almost a lock to be a top 3-5 RB.

 

With the #1 pick, you can't afford to miss. Barring injury (which can happen to anyone at any time), Peterson is a sure a thing as there is.

 

If it's PPR, then Jones-Drew and Steven Jackson are probably at the top, IMO.

 

If TD passes are worth 6 points, I'd seriously consider Brady at #1.

  • Author

To me, Peterson is 3rd at best. When you take into account that he is essentially useless in the receiving game it significantly lowers his value IMO. Add to that the fact that the Vikings now have a trigger-happy QB who loves to throw the ball all over the place (resulting in quite a bit of TO's), and you've got less time for the Vikings offense on the field, and even less opportunities for Peterson because you've got a QB who is going to throw 30+ times...

 

I'd go Forte, Turner, then a coin-flip with MJD and AP....

To me, Peterson is 3rd at best. When you take into account that he is essentially useless in the receiving game it significantly lowers his value IMO. Add to that the fact that the Vikings now have a trigger-happy QB who loves to throw the ball all over the place (resulting in quite a bit of TO's), and you've got less time for the Vikings offense on the field, and even less opportunities for Peterson because you've got a QB who is going to throw 30+ times...

 

I'd go Forte, Turner, then a coin-flip with MJD and AP....

I disagree, because I don't think that the Vikings will throw as much as you say, I think AP has the ability to turn screens into 15 yard gains, and I think that, despite the TO's, Favre is better than Sage or Tavaris, which means the Vikings will be winning more, which means they will in turn run the ball more late in the game (...AP will be running on already tired defenses).

I took Tom Brady first - but as the defending champion, I did have the last pick in the first round....

  • Author
I disagree, because I don't think that the Vikings will throw as much as you say, I think AP has the ability to turn screens into 15 yard gains, and I think that, despite the TO's, Favre is better than Sage or Tavaris, which means the Vikings will be winning more, which means they will in turn run the ball more late in the game (...AP will be running on already tired defenses).

 

So you think AP will go from rarely seeing the field on passing situations (3rd downs mostly), to routine 15 yard screen passes? I also don't for a second believe they will be winning more than they would without Favre.

I disagree, because I don't think that the Vikings will throw as much as you say, I think AP has the ability to turn screens into 15 yard gains, and I think that, despite the TO's, Favre is better than Sage or Tavaris, which means the Vikings will be winning more, which means they will in turn run the ball more late in the game (...AP will be running on already tired defenses).

 

:thumb:

 

Favre's presence didn't hurt Thomas Jones last year.

 

That's a crazy argument. Favre won't be calling the plays.

 

1. Minnesota has an easy schedule. Cleveland, Detroit, San Francisco and St. Louis are 4 of the first 5 games...those teams won 13 games combined last year. It obviously doesn't remain that easy, but they still get Detroit again, Seattle, Arizona and Cincy.

 

2. A serious passing game makes life easier for a guy who nearly hit 1800 yards without it last season.

 

3. The combination of 1 and 2 will lead to what you said...protecting leads by handing the football to Peterson. That means more yards and TD's against tired defenses.

 

 

Peterson is going to run wild through the first month of the season. The schedule is favorable, his upside is as high as anyone else, and he's safer than most, if not all, of the guys on the list. I'm not a big Peterson fan, but I doubt I could justify passing on him with the first pick in a fantasy draft.

in your fantasy draft, who you got?

 

I was having this debate at work with some co-wokers, and we got a couple different answers. Who would you take and why? I'll let you know what side of the debate I was on, once we get some responses...

 

I would take AP first any day. I do though have both Brees and Turner in my money league so I like that. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.