Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fort Campbell/Fort Knox Predictions

Who Wins This Years Army Bowl? 48 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins This Years Army Bowl?

    • Fort Campbell Falcons
      97%
    • Fort Knox Eagles
      2%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I was thinking the same thing. Also, will there be any type of ceremony this season with the game being played on September 11th?

 

I'm not sure what is planned for this year, but last year Ft Knox put on quite the show along with an armored personnel carrier delivering the ball to mid field. Of course the receivers had to dodge tire ruts the entire game, but it was a nice entrance.

 

In the past at Fort Campbell they have had the parachute team deliver the ball and free entrance, free food, and free drinks. It usually makes for a good crowd.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

Sub-plot: FC Senior LB #5 Marquel Ross was a Ft. Knox student last year, but didn’t play football due to the state of the Ft. Knox program. This season, Ross has started two of the three games for FC and will probably be looking to make an impact in this game.

 

 

Marquel is not the only former Ft.Knox player for the Falcons. They also got another Knox transfer. Can't seem to remember his name though.. However, I don't remember #5 starting at the LB position at any of the regular season games. I remember returning starter #46 Dakota Janukowski, Returning Starter #11 Darien Crank, #21 T.J Tucker, and a new FCHS student #54 Reace Hughes.

 

But back on topic, I also don't expect Ft. Knox to get in the endzone this game, and also agree with running clock 2nd half.

 

Intersting note.. until last year the Eagles held the record for the most wins in a row. (6). The Falcons tied that record last year, and are looking to break it this year.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I still don't understand....what kind of bragging rights is there? 70 points? I bet if you was to ask someone from FK they wouldn't want this game played...it's not like they have a hard schedule as is. They are in the same district as Danville and Bardstown...which is tuff enough.

I still don't understand....what kind of bragging rights is there? 70 points? I bet if you was to ask someone from FK they wouldn't want this game played...it's not like they have a hard schedule as is. They are in the same district as Danville and Bardstown...which is tuff enough.

 

I don't think you will see Coach Berner take the score up to 70 like last year. Expect a solid start by the FC starters and then a lot of young Falcons the rest of the way.

 

This series has to be viewed over the entire 30-plus year history. FC is dominate now, but there have been years when Knox has dominated FC.

 

I am sure that Knox has talented players walking the halls of their high school that just don't play football based upon the current state of Eagle football. The coach or future coach and parents need to find a way to generate desire to play football. Participation by all students with football skills at Knox could possibly result in a 5 -5 or 4 -6 record. That would then be a foundation to build on for even greater success.

I'm sure they are already doing that now.

I still don't understand....what kind of bragging rights is there? 70 points? I bet if you was to ask someone from FK they wouldn't want this game played...it's not like they have a hard schedule as is. They are in the same district as Danville and Bardstown...which is tuff enough.

It's not like this series was always one-sided. The Paintsville/Johnson Central series had gotten out of hand in recent years and people still wanted to see it continue. Sometimes its more than about the score fellas...

Being ex-military I love to see two Dod high school teams play. I did basic training at Knox but absolutely know without a doubt they don't stand a chance.

The mighy Falcons will do whatever they want in this contest. The tides may turn in a couple of years with Knox's new post commander, but untill he can transfer some Soldiers and their families...Fc wins hands down!!!

Isn't Ft Knox about to get alot of new people from Germany? If so the series might even back out. I remember when Ft. Knox was good and they ran the ball right at people, but with the current coach and his history I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Isn't Ft Knox about to get alot of new people from Germany? If so the series might even back out. I remember when Ft. Knox was good and they ran the ball right at people, but with the current coach and his history I don't see that happening anytime soon.

 

I think you are close to identifying one of the issues with Ft. Knox football.

 

Increasing the student population at FKHS by too much, with an influx of Soldiers, will just make them a 3A school and then they will still have issues, just different issues. They would then have to deal with teams like Central, Breathitt County, Somerset etc...

 

Their best bet is to petition the KHSAA to move down to 1A based upon the percentage of the male population that actually chooses to participate in football.

Absolutely correct Falconbacker!! They might be able to compete in 1a. That may still be a stretch, not to bash The eagles..just stating an opinion.

  • Author
Being ex-military I love to see two Dod high school teams play. I did basic training at Knox but absolutely know without a doubt they don't stand a chance.

The mighy Falcons will do whatever they want in this contest. The tides may turn in a couple of years with Knox's new post commander, but untill he can transfer some Soldiers and their families...Fc wins hands down!!!

Not quite sure what this has to do with football.....he's not really the one transferring Soldiers and their families into Fort Knox. Unless of course you're kidding and if so, my e-foot is placed squarely in my e-mouth.

 

Later.

Fort Knox loses again. Fort Campbell 62-0.

I think you are close to identifying one of the issues with Ft. Knox football.

Increasing the student population at FKHS by too much, with an influx of Soldiers, will just make them a 3A school and then they will still have issues, just different issues. They would then have to deal with teams like Central, Breathitt County, Somerset etc...

 

Their best bet is to petition the KHSAA to move down to 1A based upon the percentage of the male population that actually chooses to participate in football.

I'm not sure if you are right on this. Give the guy a chance...it's his second year there. They lost a lot from last year...they only have a couple of starters coming back from last year's team which was 0-10. I heard that the coach is pulling triple duty calling the defense, offense and special teams. No one really knows if one thing is the problem or not...it will sort itself out sooner or later.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.