Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Laurel 7 South Laurel 6

Featured Replies

Final.

Congrats to Chris Larkery and the Jags

Sounds like Chris Larkey has taught The Jags how to win.

Sounds like Chris Larkey has taught The Jags how to win.

 

Congrats to the Jags. Well fought battle by the SL.

This was a very good game. A few unsportsmanlike penalties, but not too bad for this rivalry.

 

I commented on the predictions thread that this game would be MUCH closer than many thought. South's line is starting to come together, Vaughn is an excellent back, South's defense is in it's 2nd year with Coach Welch and the Jags D coordinator has been there about 4 months, etc. Both teams were fired up for this game and played with a lot of heart and emotion. It looked early like NL would blow them out, they scored on their 3rd play from scrimmage and went up 7-0. SL had 3 first half turnovers, but they did not buckle and kept battling, bending but not breaking. They did the best job on NL's running game that anyone has done, and when NL did pass, had Fugate under heat all night. NL also missed 2-3 golden opportunities to put SL away with 2 potential TD passes, but 1 was a tough over the shoulder catch that the WR couldn't haul in, and the other was just about 2-3 feet too long for the diving WR. SL had a chance on their final drive with under a minute left, a beautifully called halfback pass with a wide open WR, but just too long.

 

A classic NL vs SL battle. South Laurel proved that they are much better than many thought they would be and North Laurel continues to find a way to win week after week.

NL AD Jimmy Durham said this was the biggest crowd recorded for a North v South football game. Being there, I have absolutely no doubt this is the case. It is the biggest crowd I have ever seen at a NL football game. This includes when Duncum started the season 4-0 several years ago. Larkey and his staff have really sparked interest in the Jaguar program. The home stands were packed full and people lined up all along the fence. Great atmosphere for HS football I am tickled to see in Laurel County. It's about time!!!

 

I was a little disappointed in the SL crowd. They had the stands about 85-90% full, but normally, they pack the visitor stands. They need to get behind these Cards because they are hitting hard then the past few years, are learning to control the ball, and with their O line back, I would be surprised if they don't make the playoffs, which noone predicted. I think Coach Welch has done a very good job so far at SL.

I would be surprised if they don't make the playoffs, which noone predicted. I think Coach Welch has done a very good job so far at SL.
Yes indeed.:thumb:

4-0 is the best start I believe.

4-0 is the best start I believe.

 

I didn't know that Coach Larkey has brought alot of excitement down there good luck NL rest of the season.

Congrats Jags!

Nice win for the Jags!

Who's next?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.