Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Horn Lake, MS 33 Johnson Central 20

Featured Replies

Does anybody have anything from the game? I was just wondering how good Horn lake was?

Go to clarionledger.com for info on teams from Mississippi.

I hear Central has no team chemistry. Just dont play as a TEAM.

Im hearing JC has said there will be no return game next season. Actually no game against any out of state team that could possibly beat us, only middle school teams in the future :lol::lol:

And most disturbingly for us...Johnson Central's fans have disappeared.

 

There used to be a couple of regular members whom could be counted on to give game recaps.

 

I was able to listen to a few minutes of it coming home after the P-burg game. The Eagles of JC (Horn Lake is also Eagles...LOL) got a lot of ground yards, but threw 3 interceptions (in 3 total pass attempts !). The defense couldn't stop Horn Lake's RB who finished with ~170 yds.

 

It'll be interesting to see if Central can manage to pull itself together. The ability to do that is a true mark of a good program. It's easy to be all rah-rah when the team wins, but the fans need to stay behind Coach Matney through bad times. It must be said, though, the absence of a Central presence here now is NOT a good sign.

Another cancellation by Coach Matney I assume. Did Horn Lake run up the score, or did their JV score on JC's first team defense. JC just needs to pull up their panties and quit whining. To be the best, you have got to beat the best.

 

Congrats to Horn Lake, MS

Horn Lake is from the Memphis area and usually has a pretty solid program.

 

I agree, the Johnson Central contingent is awfully quiet these days.

Another cancellation by Coach Matney I assume. Did Horn Lake run up the score, or did their JV score on JC's first team defense. JC just needs to pull up their panties and quit whining. To be the best, you have got to beat the best.

 

Congrats to Horn Lake, MS

 

:isurrender:

 

Overreact much Rebel? Give the Golden Eagles a chance...

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 2.

Mississippi usually has pretty good high school football. They turn out a disproportionate amount of D1 kids per their population. Kudos to Johnson Central for stepping out and playing an unknown comodity.

Horn Lake is an alright team from MS, I've lived in the MS Memphis area for 3 years now and Horn Lake is average team for the area. Olive Branch, South Panola, South Haven, and Tupelo are the big dogs in the area.

:isurrender:

 

Overreact much Rebel? Give the Golden Eagles a chance...

 

Whatever....

I got to give Johnson Central credit for playing these unknown teams from so far away. My Lions tried that a couple of times, and we had a less than stellar showing both times. And as for not playing again next year, I don't know what kind of contract they had with Horn Lake, but when we had these long distance games, it was a 1 year deal, I don't have a clue about this situation though, just don't be too quick to judge.

I heard today that JC had 4 players ejected Friday night?

Another cancellation by Coach Matney I assume. Did Horn Lake run up the score, or did their JV score on JC's first team defense. JC just needs to pull up their panties and quit whining. To be the best, you have got to beat the best.

 

Congrats to Horn Lake, MS

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Rebel, your my new hero. You Boyle County fans are great haha. VERY NICE applebees there in town by the way, got a chance to stop and eat on the way home from Marion, hope to make the trip back up soon:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.