Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14

Featured Replies

It appeared to me that Bell Co. had several kids going both ways and I didn't see but 1 or 2 kids from Alcoa that did (I may have missed some). That seemed to make a difference as the game went on. For whatever reason Bell Co. had a problem cramping up last night. Bell had a costly fumble late in the 1st half that could have got the game tied at half time. Bell had drove the ball to about the Alcoa 20 and had ran the ball very effectively against them.

 

Alcoa was a great team. There was a big gap in talent last night. You could tell they were well-coached as well.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some of us who tried to give an indication of how the game would go only to be met with "that's disrespectful" and "they havent seen Bell County"

 

Alcoa is on a whole different level. I said 34-13 in the prediction thread and it turned out to be close.

 

The real thing that made the difference was the depth. Bell gave them all they wanted the first half; but I will say this..unlike some of the people on these threads, Alcoa was a class act! Some of the kids as well as fans talked to some of the Alcoa players and parents after the game and it was a pleasure. One of the best on and off the field teams we've had on Log Mountain. Best of Luck to both teams this season.

So, Alcoa "isn't a physical football team".

 

Alcoa didn't have "overwhelming speed or athleticism".

 

And if Bell County "had more depth" or didn't have "constant cramps", then the game is much closer.

 

So, are you saying Alcoa's commitment to its program is greater through its kids' participation, and its coaches have a better understanding of the game and issues like hydration, conditioning, etc.?

 

The more and more you discredit Alcoa, the more it makes your program and coaches look worse, not to mention the teams BCHS pounds on each year. But, maybe that is your goal.

 

I didn't see the game (I listened to some of it), and while audio doesn't tell the whole story, I'll say this: when a team's players can run away from its opponent on offense, or swarm on defense in droves to a ball carrier, it doesn't have to be physical. And when an opponent is falling down left and right, there is no need for a team to place a premium on athleticism - or even put whatever athleticism it has in play.

 

My guess is that Alcoa played to its competition last night, particularly with a game looming next week with a deep, well-conditioned, and well-coached rival.

 

Alcoa did have much more speed and athleticism. Alcoa also had more depth. Those were 2 big factors in the game. Thats not bad coaching. As far as the cramping go that is the 1st time I have ever seent aht many Bell Co. kids get cramped up in a game and don't really know why.

 

Heres what I saw:

 

Bell Co. was able to move the football and Alcoa had a hard time stopping Bell in the 1st half. Bell couldn't stop Alcoa either. They were just too athletic. Then in the 2nd half when 5 or so Bell Co. players who all went both ways started cramping up and couldn't play much. Once that happened the game was over.

The real thing that made the difference was the depth. Bell gave them all they wanted the first half; but I will say this..unlike some of the people on these threads, Alcoa was a class act! Some of the kids as well as fans talked to some of the Alcoa players and parents after the game and it was a pleasure. One of the best on and off the field teams we've had on Log Mountain. Best of Luck to both teams this season.

 

I mentioned that in my first post. The Alcoa fans we're really friendly. I talked to one guy from the time Bell got off the feild until the end of the first quarter in the Middlesboro game. Very friendly, down to earth people, I agree 100 % with you about that KB. I'll say they're the best group we've had up on log mountain in a while next to Boyle Co.:thumb: Also heard several players from both teams and fans from Alcoa say theyd like to play this game next year as well.

I mentioned that in my first post. The Alcoa fans we're really friendly. I talked to one guy from the time Bell got off the feild until the end of the first quarter in the Middlesboro game. Very friendly, down to earth people, I agree 100 % with you about that KB. I'll say they're the best group we've had up on log mountain in a while next to Boyle Co.:thumb: Also heard several players from both teams and fans from Alcoa say theyd like to play this game next year as well.

 

I agree. I'd love to see these two teams play again next year. Looks like Middlesboro gets that pleasure though.

I don't understand the reasoning behind running a play action pass on 4th down from the two yard line with the game basically over.

 

Because Alcoa still has a lot of big fish to fry in Tennessee this season and working on things like that will help them down the road.

 

I remember Bell throwing it a little, even late, in last season's opener against Garrard County. And they won that game 50-6. It didn't matter to us, though, because that's part of the game and how you get better. It was our job to stop it then, just like it was Bell's job to stop the play-action pass against Alcoa last night. Neither did the job so both must improve.

I agree. I'd love to see these two teams play again next year. Looks like Middlesboro gets that pleasure though.

 

The Davenport boy your always raving about looked pretty darn good last night:notworthy:. I'd of liked to seen him get some more carries earlier in the game after that big run.

Its been a while since Bell Co. took one on the chin, but I must say there are only a few teams in KY who would have a sporting chance against the Tornadoes.

 

The way they can run the football eat up the clock and score the ball makes it almost impossible to keep up.

Alcoa did have much more speed and athleticism. Alcoa also had more depth. Those were 2 big factors in the game. Thats not bad coaching. As far as the cramping go that is the 1st time I have ever seent aht many Bell Co. kids get cramped up in a game and don't really know why.

 

Heres what I saw:

 

Bell Co. was able to move the football and Alcoa had a hard time stopping Bell in the 1st half. Bell couldn't stop Alcoa either. They were just too athletic. Then in the 2nd half when 5 or so Bell Co. players who all went both ways started cramping up and couldn't play much. Once that happened the game was over.

 

 

Alcoa's athleticism was unmatched. That's not to say that Bell isn't an athletic team. They were just not on the level of Alcoa.

 

In regards to coaching, Bell didn't move the ball well in the second half and Alcoa did. That has a lot to do with coaching adjustments.

So, Alcoa "isn't a physical football team".

 

Alcoa didn't have "overwhelming speed or athleticism".

 

And if Bell County "had more depth" or didn't have "constant cramps", then the game is much closer.

 

So, are some of the Bell County fans saying Alcoa's commitment to its program is greater through its kids' participation, and its coaches have a better understanding of the game and issues like hydration, conditioning, etc.?

 

The more and more Alcoa is discredited, the more it makes the BCHS program and coaches look worse, not to mention the teams BCHS pounds on each year. But, maybe that is the goal.

 

I didn't see the game (I listened to some of it), and while audio doesn't tell the whole story, I'll say this: when a team's players can run away from its opponent on offense, or swarm on defense in droves to a ball carrier, it doesn't have to be physical. And when an opponent is falling down left and right, there is no need for a team to place a premium on athleticism - or even put whatever athleticism it has in play.

 

My guess is that Alcoa played to its competition last night, particularly with a game looming next week with a deep, well-conditioned, and well-coached rival.

 

I am not saying anything bad about Alcoa I am just saying that they didn't physically beat Bell up. If you attended the game as I did they beat Bell on big plays. Alcoa has a great program and that is probably one of the best teams that Bell County has ever played.

I agree. I'd love to see these two teams play again next year. Looks like Middlesboro gets that pleasure though.

 

That will be ugly.

Alcoa's athleticism was unmatched. That's not to say that Bell isn't an athletic team. They were just not on the level of Alcoa.

 

In regards to coaching, Bell didn't move the ball well in the second half and Alcoa did. That has a lot to do with coaching adjustments.

 

Alcoa had a lot more to work with. They had a lot more players. Also, they had more athetic players. Bell had a lot of kids going both ways. Cramping was a huge problem for Bell Co. I have never seen that happen before. Once Bell lost 5 or 6 skilled players who went both ways the offense and defense for Bell suffered greatly. I am not saying Alcoa didn't make adjustments, but the biggest factor in the game getting out of hand was so many Bell players going down. (Not saying Bell would have won, but that led to the score being so lopsided).

Alcoa had a lot more to work with. They had a lot more players. Also, they had more athetic players. Bell had a lot of kids going both ways. Cramping was a huge problem for Bell Co. I have never seen that happen before. Once Bell lost 5 or 6 skilled players who went both ways the offense and defense for Bell suffered greatly. I am not saying Alcoa didn't make adjustments, but the biggest factor in the game getting out of hand was so many Bell players going down. (Not saying Bell would have won, but that led to the score being so lopsided).

 

I agree with you LMB. I don't think that Bell would have won at all but it would have been closer. Bell moved the ball on the ground pretty easy. IMO they got away from it and should have stuck to it.

The Davenport boy your always raving about looked pretty darn good last night:notworthy:. I'd of liked to seen him get some more carries earlier in the game after that big run.

 

I went down for an evening during camp and he looked very good. I think we are unmatched for RB talent. We have the depth in this area for sure. We were definately defeated by depth Friday night. Sports overtime commented on all the mountain teams were crampin. We just couldn't give our kids who go both ways enough rest. We get some of these new guys up to speed and learn all the plays and get some more grit in them our depth will greatly improve. Our close nit little community don't bring in the recruits like these big city schools. But we'll manage. We always have. :thumb:

:thumb::thumb: I think Alcoa checked in at the Hilton, beat the Hilton, and checked OUT of the Hilton.

Alcoa pulled their first team offense with 6 minutes to go in the game. So if the second team was running up the score, then so be it. I was rooting for Bell personally, but this game was every bit of what the final score indicated. Bell did all they could to hang in as long as they did, but they were simply outclassed. Outside of St. X, Trinity and Highlands noone in this state could match up with Alcoa any better than Bell did.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.