Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alcoa, TN 42 Bell County 14

Featured Replies

Alcoa usually has 3 or 4 D1 kids. They are one of the best teams in TN regardless of class.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa is a solid power in Tennessee. Bell County hung with them for about 3 quarters which shows their toughness. Bell will definitely be competing for the 4A title with Lex Cath and Boyle in December.

Alcoa is a solid power in Tennessee. Bell County hung with them for about 3 quarters which shows their toughness. Bell will definitely be competing for the 4A title with Lex Cath and Boyle in December.

 

:thumb:They will be right there good luck Bobcats!

:thumb:They will be right there good luck Bobcats!

 

I agree, this will only humble these kids, and make them a stronger team.:thumb:

Alcoa usually has 3 or 4 D1 kids. They are one of the best teams in TN regardless of class.
:thumb:
Hate to say I told you so, but...

 

:rolleyes:

I was waiting for you Switzer. Honestly I didn't think Alcoa's overall athleticism or overall team speed was really leaps and bounds above Bell's how you made it seem. The fact that basically our whole offense was on defense all night as well hurts alot. I'll say #15 was one of the most explosive backs I've seen, but I've seen a few better. Not to take anything away from him of course.

There were some of us who tried to give an indication of how the game would go only to be met with "that's disrespectful" and "they havent seen Bell County"

 

Alcoa is on a whole different level. I said 34-13 in the prediction thread and it turned out to be close.

I don't understand the reasoning behind running a play action pass on 4th down from the two yard line with the game basically over.

 

I'll repeat- I didnt see an overwhelming speed or athleticism advandtage between the two teams how people said there would be. I saw a very solid team, deep talented team in Alcoa battle it out for a half with a not as deep Bell County team. In the second half many of the kids on Bell's team was exhausted from trying to string together long time consuming drives on offense, then going right back out on the other side of the ball trying to get a stop. Had Bell had more depth, or been able to do without the constant cramps, I truly beleive this would have been a bit closer. I think Alcoa wins the game either way though.

If Bell County had been in shape it would have been a lot closer game. It seemed like a Bobcat was down on the field with cramps every few plays in the 2nd half. Dudley didn't have his boys ready for this one.
I thought Bell Co. beat up on Alcoa in the trenches until Bell Co. got tired. They had so many kids going both ways. I also thought when Bell Co. Bell Co. will be in the Hunt again for a state title.

I watched Alcoa play 3-4 years ago in the state semi-finals. It went much like this game did. Alcoa pounded it out play after play. Close at half-time, maybe tied, midway thru the third quarter the fullback goes 50 yards up the middle for a touchdown. Game over. The other team was worn out and beat up. Alcoa won big.

I watched Alcoa play 3-4 years ago in the state semi-finals. It went much like this game did. Alcoa pounded it out play after play. Close at half-time, maybe tied, midway thru the third quarter the fullback goes 50 yards up the middle for a touchdown. Game over. The other team was worn out and beat up. Alcoa won big.

 

Bell County wasn't beaten up lst night. Alcoa isn't a physical football team.

Bell County wasn't beaten up lst night. Alcoa isn't a physical football team.

 

I really meant worn down or tired. Sorry.

Bell County wasn't beaten up lst night. Alcoa isn't a physical football team.

 

So, Alcoa "isn't a physical football team".

 

Alcoa didn't have "overwhelming speed or athleticism".

 

And if Bell County "had more depth" or didn't have "constant cramps", then the game is much closer.

 

So, are some of the Bell County fans saying Alcoa's commitment to its program is greater through its kids' participation, and its coaches have a better understanding of the game and issues like hydration, conditioning, etc.?

 

The more and more Alcoa is discredited, the more it makes the BCHS program and coaches look worse, not to mention the teams BCHS pounds on each year. But, maybe that is the goal.

 

I didn't see the game (I listened to some of it), and while audio doesn't tell the whole story, I'll say this: when a team's players can run away from its opponent on offense, or swarm on defense in droves to a ball carrier, it doesn't have to be physical. And when an opponent is falling down left and right, there is no need for a team to place a premium on athleticism - or even put whatever athleticism it has in play.

 

My guess is that Alcoa played to its competition last night, particularly with a game looming next week with a deep, well-conditioned, and well-coached rival.

Edited by rollredroll
Clarifiication

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.