Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trimble County/Atherton Predictions

Who will win? 24 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Trimble has plenty of quality kids returning to this years team. Look for them to make noise this season.

 

They might make some noise? But get beat by Atherton? If you can't get by Atherton, it would be hard to make noise against anybody!

  • Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trimble has more talent but Atherton has more coaching talent. Coaching helps the Rebels.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I look forward to seeing Trimble this year. They will be a handful if they are better than last years team.:thumb:

Trimble has more talent but Atherton has more coaching talent. Coaching helps the Rebels.

 

Where do you base your assumption on this? I don't know either coaches or coaching staff, what would make you state this? Just wondering.

What did the scrimmage vs Knott County look like? What was Trimble running? How did the O and D look? Any score from the scrimmage? What about score from Atherton scrimmage?

 

Atherton lost their scrimmage 49-6 to Bracken County.

Atherton lost their scrimmage 49-6 to Bracken County.

 

Dang! Sounds like they have some coaching talent there at Atherton. I looked at the KHSAA website and Bracken has only won 2 games since 2004. The last time they beat a Kentucky High Schol was 2004. Sounds like Atherton is heading in the right direction with all that coaching talent.

Atherton 14-7.

Dang! Sounds like they have some coaching talent there at Atherton. I looked at the KHSAA website and Bracken has only won 2 games since 2004. The last time they beat a Kentucky High Schol was 2004. Sounds like Atherton is heading in the right direction with all that coaching talent.

 

It's not all the X's and O's, You need some Jimmies and Joes....:sssh:

It's not all the X's and O's, You need some Jimmies and Joes....:sssh:

 

I totally agree with that statement. I have said that on here before. It doesnt matter who is coach or what they know, you have to have some players.

 

But, with that statement, it sounds to me like Atherton does not have the Jimmies and Joes, and Trimble does have them. So is Trimble Counties coach that terrible that they will lose the game even though they have that much more talent? He could be, I have no idea, just wondering if a lot of you are saying Atherton will win this game.

It looks like the new coach is working off somethings that Poynter started last year with modified offenses, spreading the field and letting the QB have more time to make a decision. I know it's no A-11 and last Saturday was a "pre-season" game, but looks like the new coach is off to a good start. Trimble has some talent in the skilled positions, but who is playing QB for them this year? They graduated last year's QB.

Dang! Sounds like they have some coaching talent there at Atherton. I looked at the KHSAA website and Bracken has only won 2 games since 2004. The last time they beat a Kentucky High Schol was 2004. Sounds like Atherton is heading in the right direction with all that coaching talent.

 

 

Not that it matters, but I can tell you the head coach at Atherton knows how to coach.

No idea on QB. They don't have their roster listed on the KHSAA site yet. I am not much of a football expert so don't know much about what offense they are running or anything. Somebody said earlier that they were running the wing-t out of the shotgun, which I couldnt really tell you what that is? :idunno:

 

Just seemed to me that everyone on here was talking about Trimble had some good talent and Atherton had none, but yet Atherton would win. I was just wondering if Trimbles coach was that bad to lose to Atherton - who doesnt have half the talent Trimble doesn? I have no clue myself.

Um, if you lose to Bracken (I do not care if it is regular season, pre-season, spring game, flag football, or passing league) you are in serious trouble.

Not that it matters, but I can tell you the head coach at Atherton knows how to coach.

 

I am not saying he doesnt know how to coach. I am sure both Trimble County and Atherton have some pretty dang good coaches on staff. Most people don't coach high school football and not know anything. Just seemed to me that everybody on here that says Atherton will win, even though Trimble has more talent, must be saying it because Trimble has terrible coaches! Or that Athertons coaching staff is that much superior!

Atherton lost their scrimmage 49-6 to Bracken County.

 

WOW if that is the case Trimble will blow them out. TC has alot back from last years team. The Raiders could challenge Frankfort for the district spot.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.