August 4, 200917 yr According to Fox News, the deal was done before Clinton got there but N. Korea wanted a prominent American figure to come to the table. Good propaganda for the Koreans, so to speak. They said that Iran will be watching closely to see what they can get from this (with the 3 detainees).
August 4, 200917 yr According to Fox News, the deal was done before Clinton got there but N. Korea wanted a prominent American figure to come to the table. Good propaganda for the Koreans, so to speak. They said that Iran will be watching closely to see what they can get from this (with the 3 detainees). The first four words say it all.
August 4, 200917 yr What "deal"? What are we giving them in return? That seems to be the question that Washington has yet to answer.
August 5, 200917 yr I really don't want to sound too political outside that forum, but it scares me that our offer to the North Koreans for the women's release was not given publicly. Remember, it was the Clinton Administration that gave so much to the Chinese and we didn't know about it until later. If Bill Clinton did indeed have a role in the negotiations, which I doubt, this would be a major concern. Mcpapa,The reason I believe Fox News regarding the deal being done prior to Clinton's arrival is the fact that he got there, had a photo opt, Kim Jong Il pardoned them and they left and will be home shortly. All too convenient to have transpired while having their picture taken.
August 5, 200917 yr What was the deal? To my knowledge, it hasn't been told to us. I may have missed it, but I haven't heard. I would like to know as well. The Secretary of State has only said that the negotiations were not related to the nuclear discussions. Maybe we are going to influx their ecnonomy with trillions of dollars and offer cash for clunkers, etc.:isurrender:
August 5, 200917 yr I really don't want to sound too political outside that forum, but it scares me that our offer to the North Koreans for the women's release was not given publicly. Remember, it was the Clinton Administration that gave so much to the Chinese and we didn't know about it until later. If Bill Clinton did indeed have a role in the negotiations, which I doubt, this would be a major concern. Mcpapa,The reason I believe Fox News regarding the deal being done prior to Clinton's arrival is the fact that he got there, had a photo opt, Kim Jong Il pardoned them and they left and will be home shortly. All too convenient to have transpired while having their picture taken. Looked at another way, the deal wouldn't have been done unless a prominent American (Clinton or Kerry is what I've read) came to the table.
August 5, 200917 yr Looked at another way, the deal wouldn't have been done unless a prominent American (Clinton or Kerry is what I've read) came to the table. John Kerry is included in the prominent figures to get this deal done? What was included in the deal, Ketchup?
August 5, 200917 yr Sounds like a recruiting trip. The assistant coach lays the groundwork to get the athlete and the head coach comes in and closes the deal.
August 5, 200917 yr Sounds like a recruiting trip. The assistant coach lays the groundwork to get the athlete and the head coach comes in and closes the deal. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.