Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plaxico Burress

Featured Replies

I mentioned it in another post a few weeks ago, but the case was a lot more complicated than Stallworth being over the legal limit, he kills a guy, book closed.

 

Stallworth was over the legal limit, he did kill a guy, but to get a full conviction in Florida, you have to prove the alcohol is what caused him to kill this gentleman. The fact that the guy was jaywalking and Stallworth did not flea the scene helped him tremendously. It is a tough conviction in Florida and it was a pretty consistent ruling if I understood correctly.

 

As to this thread, I am not sure what you are confused about PP92? Our justice system? Might be better for P&R?

 

I guess the thing is Stallworth was lucky he was in Florida, and Plax was unlucky that he was in New York city.

 

Gun laws and probably laws in general are very harsh in places like New York and Texas. For example, if I'm not mistaken, in New York and Texas, intoxication manslaughter is a distinct offense. A person commits this crime if he/she operates a vehicle and kills someone. It doesn't matter if you can prove that the reason they crashed was because that they were drunk. Fortunately for Stallworth, he wasn't in Texas or New York.

 

As for Burress...most states will not put you in jail for 3.5 years for carrying an unlicensed weapon. New York has very harsh gun laws, unfortunately for Burress.

Burress isn't going to jail for shooting himself...what's the real reason? What's he being charged with?

 

He's not going to jail for shooting himself, but he's going to jail BECAUSE he shot himself.

That's the problem really. I'm sorry but you or me would face a lot more than 30 days in prison. Intent to drive drunk should mean that you are willing to pay the consequences for what happens to you, whether you get pulled over, hit someone, kill someone, pick up an ugly lady, etc.

 

I'm sure Donte Stallworth didn't say to his drunken self, "Hey I'm gonna hit this man with my car!". But, A. He was legally drunk and driving a car, and B. he hit someone and killed them. I say that would be cased closed for almost anyone.

Again, did you read what I posted about Stallworth:

 

Stallworth was over the legal limit, he did kill a guy, but to get a full conviction in Florida, you have to prove the alcohol is what caused him to kill this gentleman. The fact that the guy was jaywalking and Stallworth did not flea the scene helped him tremendously. It is a tough conviction in Florida and it was a pretty consistent ruling if I understood correctly.

 

As for Burress...most states will not put you in jail for 3.5 years for carrying an unlicensed weapon. New York has very harsh gun laws, unfortunately for Burress.

 

Plus the fact this is a Mayor Bloomberg law that he strongly pushed for; hence the reason he was proactively condemning the offense.

I guess the thing is Stallworth was lucky he was in Florida, and Plax was unlucky that he was in New York city.

 

Very true.
Again, did you read what I posted about Stallworth:

 

Stallworth was over the legal limit, he did kill a guy, but to get a full conviction in Florida, you have to prove the alcohol is what caused him to kill this gentleman. The fact that the guy was jaywalking and Stallworth did not flea the scene helped him tremendously. It is a tough conviction in Florida and it was a pretty consistent ruling if I understood correctly.

 

Yes I did. The Florida court thing is a joke, much like a lot of the so called justice in the United States these days.

Plus the fact this is a Mayor Bloomberg law that he strongly pushed for; hence the reason he was proactively condemning the offense.

 

:thumb:

He should get the mandatory sentence for breaking the state law. Then, 6 more months for being a moron.

While gun permit laws can be strong, and perhaps excessively so in NYC, they do serve a purpose in helping to control who gets a license to carry a weapon and allows for persons to be fingerprinted in the event that information is needed in connection with the investigation of a crime. It's hard for me to have a lot of sympathy for Burress, as his accidental discharge could very easily have hurt or killed some innocent bystander. However, since reports state that somewhere around 90% of these cases are plea-bargained out to a lesser offense that doesn't involve jail time, I do think he's is on the short end of some special treatment in this case.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.