July 23, 200917 yr According to someone who got their information from Selby's AAU coach, word is out of the Las Vegas camps is that Josh has gave a list of four schools. That list includes Ohio State UCONN Kansas Kentucky Being that he just opened his commitment back up not even a week ago this is subject to change as more schools try to get involves. As of right now though this is where it stands and it doesn't sound like Selby wants his list of schools to be very long. Interesting that Memphis was not listed as one of the schools, so the Pastner/Barton connection must not be as strong as some were led to believe. Ohio State already has a couple guys coming in on the guard positions so not sure if that will have any play on Selby's decision or not. Back to Memphis, in Meyers mailbag today Jerry talked of how Joe Jackson is likely to stay at home in Memphis and some has to do with wanting to play for the Tigers, the other has to do with the likelyhood Selby will wind up at Kentucky. This again coming from Meyer who IMO does a pretty good job with his info as he should being he is one of the big chiefs over at Rivals. Off subject to Selby, but regarding something else Meyer wrote in his mailbag concerns Adriene Payne. I know its been talked alot as far as him maybe not leaving Ohio, but Meyer wrote today that when he talked to Payne he told him that he wanted to get out of the state of Ohio to play his college ball. Jerry also included Kentucky, West Virginia, and Michigan State as possible suitors for his services if in fact he was being honest about not wanting to stay in state. Sorry guys, can't post a link for this one, but if you have faith in Meyer then you should have faith in everything I have posted above.
July 24, 200917 yr A quote from Selby's mother. "There's a lot of talk out there and it's a shame people are believing rumors," she said. "But at the end of the day, anybody with a basketball brain and knows what Calipari has done you have to consider Kentucky. It doesn't mean it's a done deal but you have to consider Kentucky." Sounds good to me. I like the chances of Kentucky getting at least one of the remaining 5* PG's in this class, either Knight, Selby, Jackson, or Irving. Also not too much of a long shot to figure we may get two of the three, depending on how Cal would be able to sell them playing alongside on another. I don't want to jinx but I think we are almost guaranteed to get one, and with the likelyhood of Wall having a good season, I think top PG's coming to Kentucky will be the easiest position we have to fill. Slowly but surely Kentucky will become Point Guard U under Calipari, and the history of PG's at UK isn't that bad where it stands right now.
July 24, 200917 yr Selby's mom. Very likely the most intimidating female I've ever been around. One of these days I'll fill you guys in on what I saw first hand in Atlanta over Memorial Day. Still has me shaking my head...
July 24, 200917 yr Selby's mom. Very likely the most intimidating female I've ever been around. One of these days I'll fill you guys in on what I saw first hand in Atlanta over Memorial Day. Still has me shaking my head... From everything I've heard and read she is a real fire cracker and straight shooter.
July 25, 200917 yr Selby and the Barton brothers are cousins and their families are very tight. I HIGHLY doubt Josh lands at UK like some are speculating... His parents and Josh are quoted in the CJ as highly interested in UK.
July 25, 200917 yr Selby's mom. Very likely the most intimidating female I've ever been around. One of these days I'll fill you guys in on what I saw first hand in Atlanta over Memorial Day. Still has me shaking my head... Come on GT, pretty bored today. Give us a little sparkle of info... :notworthy:
July 25, 200917 yr Come on GT, pretty bored today. Give us a little sparkle of info... :notworthy: I'll give you this. What I was led to believe in Atlanta is starting to sound more and more like an orchestrated move to try to push Will Barton to Memphis and away from UK by Selby's mom...
July 25, 200917 yr I'll give you this. What I was led to believe in Atlanta is starting to sound more and more like an orchestrated move to try to push Will Barton to Memphis and away from UK by Selby's mom... What's in it for her?
July 25, 200917 yr What's in it for her? Not positive on that one yet, but there were some not so nice words being thrown around about Wes and Cal which were playing a factor in why Memphis was more of a player than most expected for Barton. Fast forward 6 weeks and the Barton's are a verbal to Memphis, Selby has backed off UT and his mom has talked twice with Wes. Something just doesn't all add up...
July 25, 200917 yr I'll give you this. What I was led to believe in Atlanta is starting to sound more and more like an orchestrated move to try to push Will Barton to Memphis and away from UK by Selby's mom... I'm tempted to take this to mean she didn't want Josh playing with Barton....
July 25, 200917 yr I'm tempted to take this to mean she didn't want Josh playing with Barton.... That was also the last event they played on the same AAU team... :idunno:
July 25, 200917 yr All the stuff surrounding Selby sounds odd. Seems like mom is a little too involved.
July 25, 200917 yr Mom wants Kentucky, Calipari, and Wes... I just don't know if she'll get the chance.
July 26, 200917 yr Author The Selby verbal to Tennessee has been teetering for a few months now from what I can gather. The whole Wes thing is overblown in my opinion.
July 27, 200917 yr Author It sounds like Cal may not pursue Selby and target Knight, Jackson, and Irving. Word in Vegas is that the inner-circle of the coaching community is a little wary of the WWW and Selby meeting and if he would pull the trigger for UK after reneging on his verbal to UT then they would be howling over the connection.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.