Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Selby decommits from Tennessee

Featured Replies

Gary Parrish is reporting that Selby met with World Wide Wes before decommiting...

 

Which would be a little more than ironic after some of the things I heard in Atlanta over Memorial Day...

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Selby is a PG not a SG...

 

With his scoring ability he would be playing the 2 at Kentucky, especially with Bledsoe around. Even if Knight were to end up at Kentucky I would guess Knight would run the one while Selby would still play the two.

Which would be a little more than ironic after some of the things I heard in Atlanta over Memorial Day...

 

Can you elaborate?

With his scoring ability he would be playing the 2 at Kentucky, especially with Bledsoe around. Even if Knight were to end up at Kentucky I would guess Knight would run the one while Selby would still play the two.

He's not nearly as effective off the ball, and you would be playing away from what he does best if you forced him to the 2. Could he do it? Sure, but he wouldn't be used to his peak ability...

Can you elaborate?

 

Not at this point in time...

He's not nearly as effective off the ball, and you would be playing away from what he does best if you forced him to the 2. Could he do it? Sure, but he wouldn't be used to his peak ability...

 

That is true, I was just thinking in the DDM, he would still be able to use his skill set from the off guard position being he would still be getting a lot of touches, and getting a lot of them at the top of the key where he could work. He is a much better player with the ball in his hands though I agree.

 

With the possibility of Knight and Selby playing at Kentucky how would you think that would work? Knight doesn't have that much experience away from the ball either, but is a pretty good shooter.

Cause he doesn't care for LA Gear and Brittish Knights

 

Wow, I haven't seen anybody in British knights since 1987.

 

With the possibility of Knight and Selby playing at Kentucky how would you think that would work? Knight doesn't have that much experience away from the ball either, but is a pretty good shooter.

 

Knight prefers to dominate the ball, but he was still able to get his playing some 2 with Austin Rivers controlling the action when I have watched them. I think that transition would be much easier for him than Selby...

Knight prefers to dominate the ball, but he was still able to get his playing some 2 with Austin Rivers controlling the action when I have watched them. I think that transition would be much easier for him than Selby...

 

I agree. If UK does land both, very lucky if they do, but IF they do, they could play together on the court, but it would be wise not to play them together ALL the time. Let each shine. This is all hypothetical because I do not think that he will ultimately end up at UK.

Knight prefers to dominate the ball, but he was still able to get his playing some 2 with Austin Rivers controlling the action when I have watched them. I think that transition would be much easier for him than Selby...

 

That'd be a good problem to have!

Cause he doesn't care for LA Gear and Brittish Knights

 

Thanks for answering the question. :rolleyes:

  • Author
Which would be a little more than ironic after some of the things I heard in Atlanta over Memorial Day...

 

What many people do not know is that WWW has known Martin Newton for a much longer time than he has known Calipari.

Newton is the UK Dobo.

 

Read a comment where UT assistant Tony Jones says he couldnt comment on specifics, but that something smelled.

All you have to do UT is look back at the Scotty Hopson deal.

 

Also read some stuff where the Barton/Selby connection may not be all that strong as well...still formidable though, but not in lockstep.

I can't wait to see how this works out.. :popcorn:

What is interesting to me is not just on him but really everybody that is anybody UK is almost always in the discussion if not the mix. What a change from just 4 months ago when we were rarely in the discussion or mix.

 

Being one of the few tax paying UK fans, it is almost worth it just to see BCG gone.

Add Meyer to the list of those who thinks Kentucky is the most likely destination at this point.

 

"Tennessee's loss could be Kentucky's gain".

 

Just one of the quotes from the article I read, and by reading the whole article it is clear Meyer would be a little surprised if he doesn't end up at UK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.