Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County looking for a new coach

Featured Replies

Did DeForrest leave and take a job somewhere? I noticed on KHSAA it is open.

If haven't heard yes or no, but if so, I wouldn't be surprised. His aspirations have always seemed higher than Garrard (and higher than high school for that matter) and now would be a good time to move. Garrard's talent will slip over the next couple of years (there is potential, but very young) and he might have thought it was a good time to leave.

He left to take a job as an assistant coach at Christian County.

Any news then about who might be interested? Would former (and current girls) coach Scott Bolin perhaps be interested in returning?

He left to take a job as an assistant coach at Christian County.

 

That's too bad. I think he could have done well if he stayed here for a logn time, but I wasn't expecting a long stay. Assistant at Christian County would be a pretty nice job, though.

He left to take a job as an assistant coach at Christian County.

 

Wow, that's shocking news. He is a great young coach, hate to see him leave the area.

Any news then about who might be interested? Would former (and current girls) coach Scott Bolin perhaps be interested in returning?

 

If I were Garrard, I would look for new blood.

Any news then about who might be interested? Would former (and current girls) coach Scott Bolin perhaps be interested in returning?

 

Scott would be a great choice if he is interested.

Scott would be a great choice if he is interested.

 

I'm not completely sure if he's interested. I think he actually enjoyed coaching the girls program. With budget issues being tight, however, I would imagine hiring a coach/teacher might be difficult at Garrard this summer. Coach DeForrest taught English, but there aren't tons of english teachers looking for basketball coaching jobs.

 

I have no inside information, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Garrard promote from within here, either with Bolin or perhaps boys assistant coach Chris Davis.

 

I'm guessing we'll know something in a couple weeks.

Don Irvine of Burgin fame was offered job but did not take it.

ZBurgin fame??

Don Irvine of Burgin fame was offered job but did not take it.

 

Really? Not heard that one.

The legend will not leave Burgin.

 

It would be odd to see him head to Garrard, but stranger things have happened.

  • Author

Called Coach Irvine today. He and Garrard were both interested in each other, the timing was just not right, he told me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.