Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan Crawford dunks on Lebron

Featured Replies

The media has ruined many superstars. IMO, their life off the court is none of our business.

 

Wasnt this incident on the court though...

  • Replies 237
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wasnt this incident on the court though...

 

It wasn't on an NBA court with NBA players with NBA uniforms on so, IMO, it's an off the court issue.

Many will probably criticize me for the following statement, however, i'll let my opinion be known to the masses.... (this is being stated without having read any of the prior post in this thread)

 

LeBron James has proven to me to be somewhat of a... I dont want to say classless.... but, less-classful individual with some less than mature tendencies. The whole Crawford dunking on the LeBron ordeal is ridiculous. It's basketball dude, you are bound to get dunked on sometime in your life. Im sure it wasnt the first time, and it probably wont be the last. Whether it is Nike's issue, or LeBrons issue, no one will probably ever know except those involved. Some say Nike took the tapes because it was after hours, and some say that LeBron told them too. My opinion, i believe it was LeBron's doing. The guy seems to be letting his ego go to his head.

 

Secondly, the whole not shaking your opponents hand fiasco was lousy. From the first day you play sports as a child you are taught to respect, and oblige your opponent. Heck, in MMA guys beat the hell out of each other and they shake hands and hug after the match (Brock Lesnar not included). As a guy who grew up playing sports, and a guy that knows a bunch of coaches who teach it, you always shake the opponents hand at the very least. He doesnt have to be happy about the loss. However, he is supposed to be a role model. So now, when that superstar athlete in a highschool game loses, he doesnt have to shake hands because... LeBron didnt. LeBron wants to be seen as a worldwide superstar, but not a respectable sportsman? This tells me that it's very much about the money, not the love. You play for the love of the game and to win the game, not to become the game. (True this is partially the mass media's fault as they hoist him on a pedistool, but only he can let it get to him). There were many, MANY before him and there will be many after him.

 

My last beef... You should never ever talk about playing basketball in another city or for another team during the season. You play for a team in the city you grew up around, and in a city where everyone loves and admires you, yet it's not enough because you are in a "smaller market." I just don't get that.

 

LeBron James is an amazing athlete. He has done a lot of great things for people and charities. He is also a very talented, gifted basketball player that will be considered one of the greatest when his career is over. Even I love the sport enough to respect his game. He is a spectacle to watch on the court.

 

It's when the game is over when I really start to lose some respect.

 

How does everyone else feel?

 

I feel everyone is entitled their own opinions. I myself disagree with your entire post. I was one of the folks who could care less if he shook hands or not. They aren't little kids anymore waiting for a snack after they shake hands. They are grown men. I understand that if you want and desire to look good for the public, then go ahead and put a on fake smiley face after getting your butt handed to you and go shake hands you loser. For me, that' s irreleveant. It was pointed out in other threads that not all sports shake hands. Baseball players shake their teammates hands. They NEVER shake their opponents hands after a regular season game or a playoff game. Hockey does it, and most guys in the NFL shake hands after the game, but so many times, opposing players in the NFL have left the field without shaking hands. Not even in NBA games do the teams always shake hands. IMO, it is just an opportunity to try to take the King down a peg. It doesn't matter though. With the exception of people on message boards all across the world, it is not going to cost LeBron a dime. Not the Dunkgate or Handshakegate. Neither will cost him a penny. And before people say I hope you don't teach your kids that...I coach a little league team and we always shake hands and I teach them to lose graciously. Not even my son sees what I go through after our team loses. When they are grown men, they can do what they want. LeBron not shaking hands and not talking to the media showed me just how frustrated he was and I understand completely. I hate losing too.

 

Plus, I wanted him to not shake Kobe's hand, not Dwight Howard.

 

As far as him talking about going to another team, that's irrelevant also. My money says he stays in Cleveland anyways.

It wasn't on an NBA court with NBA players with NBA uniforms on so, IMO, it's an off the court issue.

 

An off the court issue that happened on the court?

 

It became an off the court issue when they took the tapes. This would have been dead and gone if they had not taken the tapes to begin with.

An off the court issue that happened on the court?

 

It became an off the court issue when they took the tapes. This would have been dead and gone if they had not taken the tapes to begin with.

 

They had every right to take the tapes. It is the Lebron James Skills Academy. I just don't think they took the tapes because of that dunk and nothing will make me believe that unless LeBron comes out and says they took the tape because he got "dunked beside"(he wasn't dunked on) Jordan Crawford.

It wasn't on an NBA court with NBA players with NBA uniforms on so, IMO, it's an off the court issue.

 

But, it's basketball. Isnt that what LeBron James does? Besides, it was played on the court.

I feel everyone is entitled their own opinions. I myself disagree with your entire post. I was one of the folks who could care less if he shook hands or not. They aren't little kids anymore waiting for a snack after they shake hands. They are grown men. I understand that if you want and desire to look good for the public, then go ahead and put a on fake smiley face after getting your butt handed to you and go shake hands you loser. For me, that' s irreleveant. It was pointed out in other threads that not all sports shake hands. Baseball players shake their teammates hands. They NEVER shake their opponents hands after a regular season game or a playoff game. Hockey does it, and most guys in the NFL shake hands after the game, but so many times, opposing players in the NFL have left the field without shaking hands. Not even in NBA games do the teams always shake hands. IMO, it is just an opportunity to try to take the King down a peg. It doesn't matter though. With the exception of people on message boards all across the world, it is not going to cost LeBron a dime. Not the Dunkgate or Handshakegate. Neither will cost him a penny. And before people say I hope you don't teach your kids that...I coach a little league team and we always shake hands and I teach them to lose graciously. Not even my son sees what I go through after our team loses. When they are grown men, they can do what they want. LeBron not shaking hands and not talking to the media showed me just how frustrated he was and I understand completely. I hate losing too.

 

Plus, I wanted him to not shake Kobe's hand, not Dwight Howard.

 

As far as him talking about going to another team, that's irrelevant also. My money says he stays in Cleveland anyways.

 

Wow. Was that called for? Must have struck a nerve.

 

On the other hand, you are right, he is a grown man. A grown man that is watched by millions of little kids everyday. You said you coach a little league team and you make them shake hands and teach them to lose graciously. That is to be commended. Therefore, shouldnt LeBron understand that he is a grown man, and shouldnt act like a child. How do you hold yourself and your team to one standard, but then say it's okay that LeBron doesnt. Are you holding LeBron up on a pedistool like some others do? His actions dont support what you are trying to do with your kids.

 

No one is trying to take his money away. I hope he earns all he can. But, he doesnt have to be a sore loser, a baby about a video tape, or be non-loyal to the people and place that made him.

They had every right to take the tapes. It is the Lebron James Skills Academy. I just don't think they took the tapes because of that dunk and nothing will make me believe that unless LeBron comes out and says they took the tape because he got "dunked beside"(he wasn't dunked on) Jordan Crawford.

 

Why the pedistool sir? He ISN'T the next coming of Michael Jordan....

I agree with the posts above by others - this dunk is the most overhyped piece of crap I have seen in a long time. If Nike hadn't grabbed the video, no one would have thought twice about it.

I agree with the posts above by others - this dunk is the most overhyped piece of crap I have seen in a long time. If Nike hadn't grabbed the video, no one would have thought twice about it.

 

The whole story is overhyped. He got dunked on. Who cares. It's basketball. Manute Bol was 7'6" (or there abouts) and he got dunked on a lot, same with Yao Ming. It's bound to happen.

 

However, this is just one more cog in the machine....

Wow. Was that called for? Must have struck a nerve.

 

On the other hand, you are right, he is a grown man. A grown man that is watched by millions of little kids everyday. You said you coach a little league team and you make them shake hands and teach them to lose graciously. That is to be commended. Therefore, shouldnt LeBron understand that he is a grown man, and shouldnt act like a child. How do you hold yourself and your team to one standard, but then say it's okay that LeBron doesnt. Are you holding LeBron up on a pedistool like some others do? His actions dont support what you are trying to do with your kids.

 

No one is trying to take his money away. I hope he earns all he can. But, he doesnt have to be a sore loser, a baby about a video tape, or be non-loyal to the people and place that made him.

 

Trust me, you didn't strike a nerve. I love a good debate when I see a post I don't agree with. I can't help myself.

 

I hold myself to a high standard for my son. Again, he doesn't see my true reactions when we lose. I wait until he is out of the car or in his room. I also know for a fact that I am my son's hero. He loves Chris Paul, but he loves me more and my word is golden. I teach my son these things so when he grows up, should he get to follow his dreams, people won't be talking about how much of a punk he is. I am raising him to be an upstanding man in this world. That being said, IMO, this is like a "do as I say, not as I do" type of situation. I can guarantee my son will always shake hands after a game because I told him to. What LeBron did will have no bearing on his actions whatsoever. I am from the Charles Barkley "I am not a role model" generation and as long as I am alive all my kids and all the kids I coach will understand that as well. Parents are the role models, not the athletes and at no time will any kid of mine use what athlete has said or done to justify any kind of action they may do. It is our responsibility to raise our kids, not LeBron James.

 

I am also very honest with my son. If he asks me why LeBron didn't shake hands, I'll tell him exactly how I feel. He already knows I am a sore loser. He is too, but he shakes hands. I'll also tell him it's not right, but that is how I feel and I'll also let him know that he needs to continue to shake hands because that's good sportsmanship. He understands.

 

It's good to shake hands, but I just don't care and I don't think any less of LeBron for not shaking hands.

 

 

I could be wrong again, but I see nothing wrong with putting people with LeBron's skills and talents on a pedestal. He is an extraordinary athlete and will always be remembered as such. I don't think he should be taken off that pedestal for Dunkgate or Handshakegate.

Why the pedistool sir? He ISN'T the next coming of Michael Jordan....

 

You are barking up the wrong tree with the Michael Jordan stuff. I am a Kobe guy and a Duke guy.

 

 

What is a Michael Jordan? Who is that?:idunno:

I saw this on the ESPN message board.....

 

 

I SEE A NEW PUPPET COMMERCIAL IN THE MAKING!

 

What Nike should have done was make a nike puppet commercial with the Kobe puppet watching the tape, replaying the dunk over and over, while laughing...and the Lebron Puppet in the background shaking his head...trying to explain what happened...

 

 

Now that would be classic.

Trust me, you didn't strike a nerve. I love a good debate when I see a post I don't agree with. I can't help myself.

 

I hold myself to a high standard for my son. Again, he doesn't see my true reactions when we lose. I wait until he is out of the car or in his room. I also know for a fact that I am my son's hero. He loves Chris Paul, but he loves me more and my word is golden. I teach my son these things so when he grows up, should he get to follow his dreams, people won't be talking about how much of a punk he is. I am raising him to be an upstanding man in this world. That being said, IMO, this is like a "do as I say, not as I do" type of situation. I can guarantee my son will always shake hands after a game because I told him to. What LeBron did will have no bearing on his actions whatsoever. I am from the Charles Barkley "I am not a role model" generation and as long as I am alive all my kids and all the kids I coach will understand that as well. Parents are the role models, not the athletes and at no time will any kid of mine use what athlete has said or done to justify any kind of action they may do. It is our responsibility to raise our kids, not LeBron James.

 

I am also very honest with my son. If he asks me why LeBron didn't shake hands, I'll tell him exactly how I feel. He already knows I am a sore loser. He is too, but he shakes hands. I'll also tell him it's not right, but that is how I feel and I'll also let him know that he needs to continue to shake hands because that's good sportsmanship. He understands.

 

It's good to shake hands, but I just don't care and I don't think any less of LeBron for not shaking hands.

 

 

I could be wrong again, but I see nothing wrong with putting people with LeBron's skills and talents on a pedestal. He is an extraordinary athlete and will always be remembered as such. I don't think he should be taken off that pedestal for Dunkgate or Handshakegate.

 

I can see that you are stirn in your ways. Thats fine. You may lose, and probably dont like it, but no one does. IMO its a shame that you let a guy like LeBron James off the hook because of his star status. Because what do you do when the day comes that your star player doesnt shake hands??? Do you let him off the hook? Because now, he hasnt listened to you, and he hasnt shown sportsmanship. Two signs of disrespect.

 

Secondly, I completely agree that it is a parents job to raise and be a role model for their own child. However, if you truely believe this is the case with all kids, then you sir are living in the lonely tree. Many, MANY kids do look up to these athletes as role models, not only because they want to, but many have to. A shame yes, but also a reality.

 

As far as Duke and Kobe... Its also a shame that you turn a blind eye to the greatest basketball player of all time. You really missed out on a lot. There will never be another like him.

I can see that you are stirn in your ways. Thats fine. You may lose, and probably dont like it, but no one does. IMO its a shame that you let a guy like LeBron James off the hook because of his star status. Because what do you do when the day comes that your star player doesnt shake hands??? Do you let him off the hook? Because now, he hasnt listened to you, and he hasnt shown sportsmanship. Two signs of disrespect.

 

Secondly, I completely agree that it is a parents job to raise and be a role model for their own child. However, if you truely believe this is the case with all kids, then you sir are living in the lonely tree. Many, MANY kids do look up to these athletes as role models, not only because they want to, but many have to. A shame yes, but also a reality.

 

As far as Duke and Kobe... Its also a shame that you turn a blind eye to the greatest basketball player of all time. You really missed out on a lot. There will never be another like him.

 

 

 

If my star player doesn't shake the hands of kids after a game, he'll run in practice and will never do it again. I am sure I'll have that kids' parents blessings as well. As said before, when under my watch, my team will act accordingly. When they are grown men, they can act as they want. I am always going to remember them for how they acted as kids.

 

I know LeBron is looked up to by many, many kids. I also know that I can only affect the kids I come into contact with and they will always be taught to do the right thing. I can only hope and pray other kids will have the same kind of guidance I hope that I pass on to the kids I get to coach.

 

Again. I never said it was right of LeBron to not shake hands. I said I understand why he didn't and it didn't bother me. There is no "official" shaking of the hands after an NBA game. It is a courtesy, but nothing official. LeBron is guilty of not being courteous. Non-issue in my book. Dwight Howard and the media made it an issue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.