Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ Amercian Conference Draft Rounds One and Two

Featured Replies

I could have sworn you've been in this league before. :D

 

I kept looking for the 3rd round thread but couldn't find it :D

 

I'm just glad I took a RB with my first pick this year. I didn't have a true starting RB last season. Just a bunch of rag tag RB's filling in for injured guys :lol:

  • Replies 68
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.01 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) - Steve Slaton - HOU RB

1.02 Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) - Brandon Jacobs - NYG RB

2.01 Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) - Marion Barber - DAL RB

2.02 Big Creek Moonshiners (Da Champ) - Ronnie Brown - MIA RB

2.03 Paducah Rabbit Fists (00Rockets28) - Kevin Smith - DET RB

 

2.04 Maysville Split Ends (sumoroyal) - Clinton Portis - WAS RB

 

2.05 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) – OTC

3.01 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) - OTC

I kept looking for the 3rd round thread but couldn't find it :D

 

I'm just glad I took a RB with my first pick this year. I didn't have a true starting RB last season. Just a bunch of rag tag RB's filling in for injured guys :lol:

I think you deserved Coach of the Year after even staying in the league last season after that draft. Although when I won the toilet bowl last season to stay in I only had 2 players on my roster that I had during the first week :lol:

1508, 15

1591, 14

1315, 5

1516, 11

523, 7

1262, 11

1487, 9

 

That's Portis' yards and TD's every year since he came into the league. It's hard to argue with getting that kind of consistency with the de facto 31st pick.

 

To be honest, Portis is one of those guys that I keep waiting to break down and he never does. Excluding '06, when he only played in 8 games, he has averaged about 340 carries per season for the Redskins. He doesn't look like the type of guy who could handle that heavy workload year after year, yet he keeps on truckin'. He did falter down the stretch last season...

 

Over the last 5 games, he averaged 56 yards per game, 2.9 ypc, and scored 2 TD's. That's a far cry from the 110 yards, 4.9 ypc and 7 TD's he posted through the first 11 games last season. Is that a sign that he's wearing down, or just an aberration?

 

I wasn't targeting him, nor was I expecting him to last that long, but I'd have picked him if he'd been there for me.

 

For some reason, Portis is a guy I've always stayed away from. His numbers are great, but mentally I keep thinking he's missing five games/year. Hard to believe he's only 27.

For some reason, Portis is a guy I've always stayed away from. His numbers are great, but mentally I keep thinking he's missing five games/year. Hard to believe he's only 27.

 

Me too...I was amazed to see how consistent he'd been. I keep thinking, "Don't pick him. He'll get hurt."

 

Actually, its not that I don't want him, but most people like him better than I do, so he's usually gone before I'd pick him. This is a perfect example...with the #34 pick, I'd have taken him in a heartbeat in this draft. :D

 

Portis and Peterson is a pretty solid backfield.

DO we need to start a thread for round 3? I noticed the National Conference has a thread for round 3.

I think you deserved Coach of the Year after even staying in the league last season after that draft. Although when I won the toilet bowl last season to stay in I only had 2 players on my roster that I had during the first week :lol:

 

I think I had 1 and that was Dominick Rhodes. My team was TERRIBLE. It was clearly my first time doing FF:lol:

1.01 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) - Steve Slaton - HOU RB

1.02 Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) - Brandon Jacobs - NYG RB

2.01 Atwood Fighting' Amish (NEERFAN) - Marion Barber - DAL RB

2.02 Big Creek Moonshiners (Da Champ) - Ronnie Brown - MIA RB

2.03 Paducah Rabbit Fists (00Rockets28) - Kevin Smith - DET RB

2.04 Maysville Split Ends (sumoroyal) - Clinton Portis - WAS RB

2.05 Dorton Street Sweepers (TrueBlueWildcat) – Thomas Jones - NYJ RB

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.