Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ Amercian Conference Draft Rounds One and Two

Featured Replies

Champions sometime get the big head, and a little complacent :D

 

:lol: Could be, but I'm sticking with me having a "real job" this time as my excuse...:D

  • Replies 68
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem. I like my backfield of Forte & Brown.

 

In a 16-team league, you certainly can't complain.

 

I'm pretty excited about having MJD to be honest. I think he's primed for a strong fantasy season with Fred Taylor out of the picture.

 

I'd like to have had another good back to pair with him, but I'm not sure who will be there when my turn comes.

 

All things considered, I'm actually glad I got the team I did.

Edited by 5wide

BTW, TrueBlueWildcat left me his next pick...he said he had to work from 4 PM until midnight.

 

But, here's the thing. He only left me one name, so even if that guy doesn't get picked by sumoroyal, we still can't advance the draft because TBW has consecutive picks to end round 2 and start round 3.

 

So, since we can't advance the draft past him unless I hear from him again, I'm inclined to just wait and let him make both picks himself when he gets back on. I don't see any point in me turning in a pick for him when he'll still be on the clock...may as well let him do both. He might change his mind between now and then.

Sumoroyal, President of the Split-Ends is vacationing in Outer Banks, Al and saw Clinton Portis on the beach running sprints. He said he was going to have a big year. I believe him!!!!!

 

Maysville Split Ends select Clinton Portis--Washington Redskins

I wouldn't count on it...he left me a message around 1 o'clock. I replied back and he has yet to answer. Considering he has to be at work at 4, I'd say we're done until after midnight.

 

Also, Clinton Portis was the pick he gave me. :lol:

3.01 33. Dorton Street Sweepers

3.02 34. Middle Fork Mustard Seeds

3.03 35. Sawville Gym Shoes

3.04 36. Bardstown Butchers

3.05 37. Harlan Mound Street Machines

3.06 38. Maytown Mirkers ®

3.07 39. Frankfort Block Monsters ®

3.08 40. Maysville Split Ends

3.09 41. Boyle County Blue Devils ®

3.10 42. Paducah Rabbit Fists

3.11 43. Big Creek Moonshiners

3.12 44. Banklick Swamp Gas

3.13 45. Atwood Fighting' Amish

3.14 46. Mississippi Thrill

3.15 47. Bushwood Country Club Gophers

3.16 48. Junction City Jailcats

Whats the order for round 3?

I could have sworn you've been in this league before. :D

Sumoroyal, President of the Split-Ends is vacationing in Outer Banks, Al and saw Clinton Portis on the beach running sprints. He said he was going to have a big year. I believe him!!!!!

 

Maysville Split Ends select Clinton Portis--Washington Redskins

 

Might have asked him what he thought about his coach? He was fantastic last year till he started talking about his "Coach!"

 

Good Luck with him. :idunno:

Might have asked him what he thought about his coach? He was fantastic last year till he started talking about his "Coach!"

 

Good Luck with him. :idunno:

 

1508, 15

1591, 14

1315, 5

1516, 11

523, 7

1262, 11

1487, 9

 

That's Portis' yards and TD's every year since he came into the league. It's hard to argue with getting that kind of consistency with the de facto 31st pick.

 

To be honest, Portis is one of those guys that I keep waiting to break down and he never does. Excluding '06, when he only played in 8 games, he has averaged about 340 carries per season for the Redskins. He doesn't look like the type of guy who could handle that heavy workload year after year, yet he keeps on truckin'. He did falter down the stretch last season...

 

Over the last 5 games, he averaged 56 yards per game, 2.9 ypc, and scored 2 TD's. That's a far cry from the 110 yards, 4.9 ypc and 7 TD's he posted through the first 11 games last season. Is that a sign that he's wearing down, or just an aberration?

 

I wasn't targeting him, nor was I expecting him to last that long, but I'd have picked him if he'd been there for me.

I need to go home and get prepared for my first pick of the 2009 Fantasy Football season. :dancingpa

 

Should I snag a running mate for MJD or Steve Smith? Or complete the trifecta of QB, RB, and WR by snagging a signal caller?

 

Oh, the decisions...:D

 

I love it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.