Owensboro 3 Lawrence County 2

Congratulations to Owensboro, solid pitching and defense the entire game. This was a very hard fought game between two really good teams.Chandler Shepeherd piched a very good game only giving up 2 runs on a homerun in the 5th inning. The pitcher Bush for Owensboro pitched a excellent game, Lawrence County was caught watching the ball alot. Good game I'm sure we will see Lawrence back in the state again.

Maybe the baseball writers had it right all along when they weren't voting any Eastern Kentucky teams into the top 25. Lawrence County gets beat by a team that had won a grand total of 6 regular-season games; and South Laurel gives up a 10-spot in the first inning en route to being dismantled by Bullitt East.

I had been a little bit critical of the voters during the regular season, but now I'm not so sure.

Maybe the baseball writers had it right all along when they weren't voting any Eastern Kentucky teams into the top 25. Lawrence County gets beat by a team that had won a grand total of 6 regular-season games; and South Laurel gives up a 10-spot in the first inning en route to being dismantled by Bullitt East.

I had been a little bit critical of the voters during the regular season, but now I'm not so sure.

That sounds stupid to me when 4 of the 25 make it to the final 8. Lawrence Co. and South Laurel are very deserving. Two good teams with good coaches. IMO they treated both teams like 2nd class citizens at the banquet. Same for Applebees, if they cannot handle the event they should pass it up.

Two (not four) EKY teams advanced to the Final 8. Of course, two teams from Regions 13 through 16 HAD to advance.

I was hoping that they would show well when they got there, and validate my theory that the area was not getting the love they should have during the regular-season poll voting.

They didn't.

That sounds stupid to me when 4 of the 25 make it to the final 8. Lawrence Co. and South Laurel are very deserving.
Two teams from the east had to make it ... that doesn't mean they're legitimate top-25 teams.

IMO they treated both teams like 2nd class citizens at the banquet. Same for Applebees, if they cannot handle the event they should pass it up.
Please elaborate ...

That sounds stupid to me when 4 of the 25 make it to the final 8. Lawrence Co. and South Laurel are very deserving. Two good teams with good coaches. IMO they treated both teams like 2nd class citizens at the banquet. Same for Applebees, if they cannot handle the event they should pass it up.

I think Papa has a valid point. The competition level is not the same in the east as it is in the rest of the state. Records can be misleading.

I'm from eastern Kentucky and would like to see a team from the East win the title, but the best teams are from other areas of the state.

Two (not four) EKY teams advanced to the Final 8. Of course, two teams from Regions 13 through 16 HAD to advance.

I was hoping that they would show well when they got there, and validate my theory that the area was not getting the love they should have during the regular-season poll voting.

They didn't.

Maybe Owensboro was better then there Record?

Lawrence got beat 3-2 in 10 innings