June 11, 200917 yr Willard is at least in his 60's. Probably would get paid more at UL than at Holy Cross. He's was quoted as saying he was growing tired of the daunting task of recruiting at a mid-major. He is getting old and wanted to try to make one last run with his buddy. I think it's a good thing for Pitino, gets another sideline coach. He missed Willard Jr. a lot last year, IMO.
June 11, 200917 yr Willard gives him a basketball mind on the sidelines. The others are primarily recruiters...
June 11, 200917 yr There are a lot of strange things going on in Louisville if you haven't noticed.:sssh: You gonna add anything constructive to this thread? As to the topic at hand, Willard is a great hire, IMO. As has already been mentioned this will give Pitino another "basketball mind" on the sideline.
June 11, 200917 yr It is a very good hire, but I wish we had good ole Paul Harvey to give us........... "the rest of the story."
June 11, 200917 yr I think this is a fantastic hire. Also, there is zero percent chance that Willard will ever be the head coach at UofL.
June 11, 200917 yr Author Can someone post Willard's career records? Got this from Wikipedia: Seasons School W-L 1990-1994 Western Kentucky 81-42 1994-1999 University of Pittsburgh 63-82 1999-Present College of the Holy Cross 192-117 336-241, 58% winning. I could be way off, but I wonder if he wasn't Pitino's great friend, would he have gotten this job?
June 11, 200917 yr You gonna add anything constructive to this thread? As to the topic at hand, Willard is a great hire, IMO. As has already been mentioned this will give Pitino another "basketball mind" on the sideline. What brought that on D. touchy aren't you. Try and get a good nights rest.
June 13, 200917 yr Ralph Willard will be a great hire for U.L. and really bring the quality of that staff higher. Willard is a great basketball coach and was a great assistant under Pitino at U.K..
June 13, 200917 yr I think this is a fantastic hire. Also, there is zero percent chance that Willard will ever be the head coach at UofL. Agreed
June 15, 200917 yr I think Willard and Rick Bozich must go to the same barber, or "stylist," if you prefer.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.