Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gene Wojciechowski's 50 Things We Can Do Without in Sports

Featured Replies

9:31 PM EST 6/4/2009 this one occured:

 

24:Any more references to or lingering TV camera shots of Jack Nicholson at a Los Angeles Lakers game

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9:31 PM EST 6/4/2009 this one occured:

 

24:Any more references to or lingering TV camera shots of Jack Nicholson at a Los Angeles Lakers game

 

You want me on that floor. You need me on that floor.

^ 61. Those who post smilies that get counted for a post.

Yeah, that sure is never going to happen.

 

I've always taken this tack about it though. Soccer is a whole lot of fun to play. It's not for everyone, but it was a lot of fun to play. If it's not the World Cup or qualifying for the World Cup, I cannot make myself watch it at all. And that is where it fails. It is just not that fun to watch.

Yeah, that sure is never going to happen.

 

I've always taken this tack about it though. Soccer is a whole lot of fun to play. It's not for everyone, but it was a lot of fun to play. If it's not the World Cup or qualifying for the World Cup, I cannot make myself watch it at all. And that is where it fails. It is just not that fun to watch.

 

And if everybody wants to play, but few want to watch (and by extension, even fewer want to PAY to watch), soccer will never approach the popularity of baseball, football, basketball or stock-car racing.

 

And there will be those that claim that I don't care to watch because I don't know enough about the nuances and strategy of the game to appreciate it.

 

I know just enough to know that I don't like to watch, either.

I for one can never get tired of the Chuckster (the T-Mobile commercial for the "Old School" video game gets me every time)...the rest of them were pretty good.

What about ESPN bowling? Do they ever get good ratings?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.