Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Picks for the 2010 Class

Featured Replies

  • Author
Irving really likes IU. He told me so. :D

The thing with Irving is I think he's more of a system PG, and not a headliner really. I think they are more likely to get Knight or Jackson for that spot.

 

Love Lamb, but he's still pretty wide open to get a good read. Wouldn't shock me to see him land at UK, but it would be behind Barton so you never know. Plus thouse NY Gaucho kids usually stay in the north east, but with him at Oak Hill and out of NYC that's a little harder to read.

 

Haven't seen Leslie this year, but I did hear some rumblins of a visit or two in the works for the summer...

 

:thumb:

 

 

My head keeps telling me this but I don't want to except it. I always loved the types of do it all guards that have came to Kentucky in the past. Pairing him with either a Knight/Jackson/Barton, or Bledsoe would make for a pretty interesting backcourt and those options make me want him in Kentucky blue so bad. Heard that his trip to Bloomington was about as good as it could have possibly went for any recruit, and the fact that a couple of his boys are warming up to IU too really hurts things for Kentucky. Only thing going for Kentucky is the personal ties, and Calipari's recruiting ability. I think a lot also has to do with who does sign with Kentucky for next years backcourt and if Calipari really wants him that bad or not.

 

I would be super pumped (even more pumped) to get Knight or Jackson (he's so quick) and think we can, but I was just trying not to overstep myself. Knight is a pretty big recruit, and Kentucky fans aren't used to seriously mentioning them as heavily potential targets in a logical sense until about a month and a half ago so.:D

 

But thanks for the info G, solid as always. Keep that recruiting trail hot.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not know Payne personally at all, however I have heard similar things as to what has been mentioned here from people who have been around him some. Seems to be a really good kid!

I do not know Payne personally at all, however I have heard similar things as to what has been mentioned here from people who have been around him some. Seems to be a really good kid!

He is a really good kid. Simply pointing out there is no way possible to predict where he ends up at this stage in the process. Payne has no clue, so a guess is just that here...

Irving, a 6-foot-1, 175-pound guard from St. Patrick of Elizabeth (N.J.), visited Indiana two weeks ago for an AAU event and really enjoyed his time there.

 

“They’re at the top of my list for now,” Irving said in a phone interview. “It’s them and Notre Dame and Duke and Virginia. They’re at the top of my list right now.”

 

.................................................................

 

Another school coming on strong is Kentucky, which may have an added advantage. Rod Strickland, Irving’s Godfather, is on John Calipari’s staff.

 

Asked if that was a significant factor, Irving said, “Not really.”

 

Per ZagsBlog...

The only two that, as of right now, I feel confident will be at Kentucky are Will Barton & Dominique Ferguson.

The only two that, as of right now, I feel confident will be at Kentucky are Will Barton & Dominique Ferguson.

 

 

Is Ferg even interested in UK at this point? I have no insider scoop like half this board, but I haven't seen anything pointing him to UK since he decommited. I would love to have him wear the big blue.

Is Ferg even interested in UK at this point? I have no insider scoop like half this board, but I haven't seen anything pointing him to UK since he decommited. I would love to have him wear the big blue.

 

I read an interview with him where he stated that he wanted to play on the wing & that he's not a post player. He also added that he doesn't know anything about the Dribble-Drive Motion, but that if it requires him to play down low he's not all that interested.

 

Basically, he didn't know anything about the offense. In Cal's system, Ferguson would get to do exactly what he wants to do. I think he'll end up being a Cat.

I think he'll end up being a Cat.

 

I don't...

I don't...

 

Why not? He already committed there once. I realize there are a lot of other bigtime schools on his tail now, but I think Cal will sell him on re-committing to Kentucky.

 

From what I gather, Ferg wants to play on the wing & that is his main concern under Calipari. Little does he know that that is exactly what Calipari has in mind for DF...

Why not? He already committed there once. I realize there are a lot of other bigtime schools on his tail now, but I think Cal will sell him on re-committing to Kentucky.

 

From what I gather, Ferg wants to play on the wing & that is his main concern under Calipari. Little does he know that that is exactly what Calipari has in mind for DF...

I didn't get the feeling UK was after him that hard two weeks ago...

I didn't get the feeling UK was after him that hard two weeks ago...

 

Everything that I've read has indicated that Cal has told Ferguson he's the #1 target in '10.

Everything that I've read has indicated that Cal has told Ferguson he's the #1 target in '10.

I didn't get that feeling from talking to Ferg...

I didn't get that feeling from talking to Ferg...

 

That sucks, I was hoping that he'd still end up with the cats. Still hoping though!

  • Author

I think Cal was a little taken back when Ferg decommitted upon his hiring, thus more than likely why he hasn't went after him as hard as Dominique wants. D Ferg and Cal had no prior relationship, and I guess I cannot blame Ferguson for opening things back up once the coach he committed to was booted. However, he really acted like he wanted to play at KENTUCKY because it was KENTUCKY, but now acts like he wants to go where he is wanted the most. He has said a couple of times he wants to be recruited like he was when Gillespie was here, and although Cal I'm sure keeps in contact, thats not going to happen when there are other bigs looking Kentucky's way.

 

So to sum that all up, I feel Cal is looking at it from the standpoint of man this guy must not wanted to play for me that bad, and he must not have wanted to represent UK as bad as he proclaimed. Ferguson is looking at it like I don't know Calipari that well, does he want me at Kentucky, and if he does, then he is going to have to show me. So far he's not been getting the love he's wanted.

I think Cal was a little taken back when Ferg decommitted upon his hiring, thus more than likely why he hasn't went after him as hard as Dominique wants. D Ferg and Cal had no prior relationship, and I guess I cannot blame Ferguson for opening things back up once the coach he committed to was booted. However, he really acted like he wanted to play at KENTUCKY because it was KENTUCKY, but now acts like he wants to go where he is wanted the most. He has said a couple of times he wants to be recruited like he was when Gillespie was here, and although Cal I'm sure keeps in contact, thats not going to happen when there are other bigs looking Kentucky's way.

 

So to sum that all up, I feel Cal is looking at it from the standpoint of man this guy must not wanted to play for me that bad, and he must not have wanted to represent UK as bad as he proclaimed. Ferguson is looking at it like I don't know Calipari that well, does he want me at Kentucky, and if he does, then he is going to have to show me. So far he's not been getting the love he's wanted.

 

Your interpretation makes a lot of sense from following this situation. I trust gametime that he isnt seeing the love, but perhaps we can still pull him if Cal wants him bad enough.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.