Covington Catholic 12 Newport Central Catholic 2

Final in six innings.

Linescore:

NCC 0 0 2 0 0 0 = 2 6 2

CCH 2 5 0 0 1 4 = 12 14 0

CCHS hit the ball reall well.

And let me be the first to apologize to the NCC pitcher for playing a song in the 6th right as a pitch was thrown. I am totally embarrassed for doing so. I had played a sound clip between pitches and forgot the queue was turned on so when the sound clip ended, the next song in the cueue played. GRRRR. Also, sorry to any fan that heard that being played.

But anyway, goodluck to the Colonels in the finals and congrats to NCC for having a good season.

Thought Krumps would save Ice for the final game. Who's next on the mound?

Why would you when you are playing the defending 9th Region Champs who returned a good core of their players from the previous season? Smart move IMO...

Nutini is up next and is a very good pitcher too and would be the #1 on many ball clubs...

Why would you when you are playing the defending 9th Region Champs who returned a good core of their players from the previous season? Smart move IMO...

Nutini is up next and is a very good pitcher too and would be the #1 on many ball clubs...

I agree! In Regionals there is no tomorrow, if you don't win.

Conner is better than NCC at this point in the season. So, it will make for a better final game to have Nutini pitching rather than Isler. I expected Krumps to pull Ice after getting up 7-0 after 2. Like most everyone around here, I still expect CC to win but the chances for an upset will be higher without the big man on the rubber (literally). (Assuming Conner wins of course - BW w/o Smith will have zero chance vs. CC).

Really surprised by this outcome but Icler has been dominant so its not that surprising. I guess NCC didnt really have another pitcher to throw that could beat CCH because Conner beat Ryle the night before. Good year New Cath and Cov Cath advances to the Championship.

Really surprised by this outcome but Icler has been dominant so its not that surprising. I guess NCC didnt really have another pitcher to throw that could beat CCH because Conner beat Ryle the night before. Good year New Cath and Cov Cath advances to the Championship.

Conner didn't get the win did he? Wasn't NewCath losing when he was pulled? Sounds like it's Beechwood maybe. Doesn't sound like they will have anybody left to throw to beat CovCath. Do they have a junk ball thrower? Oh, and btw, the Dad and NewCath player in the grey Ford PU last night. There you go!!!

Conner is better than NCC at this point in the season. So, it will make for a better final game to have Nutini pitching rather than Isler. I expected Krumps to pull Ice after getting up 7-0 after 2. Like most everyone around here, I still expect CC to win but the chances for an upset will be higher without the big man on the rubber (literally). (Assuming Conner wins of course - BW w/o Smith will have zero chance vs. CC).

Should they even show?

Outstanding win by CovCath over NCC today. Not much said in the paper but my MVP of the game goes to Logan Siemer. He made a great play backing up Krumme in the third and went 3/4 with 3 rbi's. Congrats young man.

Darner makes NCC pay for breaking the 11th Commandment "thou shall not walk Maile to get to Darner!" In the first inning after walking Maile, RD hits a double and knocks in a run, and in the sixth inning after walking Maile, RD hits a rocket off the leg/ankle of the pitcher to drive in the needed run to run rule NCC. You break the 11th Commandment you pay!

The big inning was the second when with two outs CovCath goes on to score 5 runs to take a 7-0 lead.

The good: Isler pitching, the Siemer, Darner, and the "D".

The bad: Theoldguy was pleased that nothing was bad today.

The ugly: Some of those lightning strikes around Champion Window.

The CovCath hitting:

Nutini 5 PA 1 run 1 hit 1 k

Siemer 5 PA 1 run 3 hits 3 rbi's 1 walk and 1 k

Maile 5 PA 2 runs 2 hits triple 2 walks and 1 sb

Darmer 5 PA 2 runs 3 hits (2) doubles 3 rbi's

Isler 4 PA 2 hits double 1 rbi and reached via E-9

Warning (CR) 1 run

Holocher 4 PA 1 hit 1 walk 1 k and 1 sac

Lafever 4 PA 1 run 1 hit and 1 walk

Stayton 4 PA 1 run and 1 walk

Martin 4 PA 1 run 1 hit 1 rbi 1 k and reached via E-1

B. Reese (PR) 1 run

CovCath pitching

Isler (12-0)

95 pitches 6 complete innings 2 runs 2 earned runs 1 walk 7 k's

CovCath is now 33-3-1 and will play Beechwood in the Ninth Region Championship game at Champion Window Field @ 7pm Wednesday May 27th.

Edited by Theoldguy