Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hinson will be coaching "IN" Bracken County

Featured Replies

Have not heard from Tubby cat on this deal. Maybe he had to have some smelling sauce when he heard the news on this one...might have passed out. That 8 ball hardly is ever wrong...

 

What's up guys? You just gotta love BEARFACTS! Good to be back around the internet.

 

I will have more on this hire/move later, but after much thought: I think this move is an awesome move for Augusta, Coach Hinson, and Coach Kelsch! Way to go AHS!!!!

  • Replies 70
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely agree with that! Jason has a bright future. He is willing to learn and wants to succeed badly! Wanting to be successful doesn't seperate Coach Hinson from other coaches, but this young man has a desire, a real deep desire to prove himself and be successful, from what I have seen. That has to bold well for the Augusta basketball program.

 

To have the leadership and experience of Coach Kelsch and the drive and energy of Coach Hinson and the enthusiasm they both have and one would have to think you have a great mix that is bound to equal success.

 

As someone who grew up in that area and has a real fondness for the area, I particularly love the move and wish them both nothing but the very best! :thumb:

 

Hit the nail on the head with that one, will be interesting start of the season.

 

This was more than a great move, it was a heckuva move:ylsuper:

Wish I had that problem

 

I don 't see this as being positive. Is he teaching also? I am confused:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm not so much concerned about the goings-on at Augusta, as I am wondering what is going on at St. Patrick.

 

With the loss of their principal, serious debt, etc.., I fear for the wellbeing of St. Patrick High School.

 

Robin Kelsch has pretty much been a one man band at Augusta. Both he and Coach Hinson have their styles and I'm wondering how the new "two man system", comprised of two head coaches is going to work.

 

IF Coach Hinson was available when the Bracken County job was available, I can't believe they didn't hire him..

 

A lot of unanswered questions here to my way of thinking.

What a change of events here in Bracken County. Bracken passes on Hinson, don't even give the guy a interview. Guess who is there to reap the benefits Coach Kelsch and those Augusta Panthers. Did Bracken mess up or what, now they have in their county 3 head coaches. Augusta has 2 head varsity boys basketball coaches and Bracken has a coach with no varsity boys experience, but a heck of a head varsity girls softball coach. Great job Bracken let's see how this pans out for you guys.

Thanks for the concern, but everything will be just fine at Bracken Co.:thumb:

What a change of events here in Bracken County. Bracken passes on Hinson, don't even give the guy a interview. Guess who is there to reap the benefits Coach Kelsch and those Augusta Panthers. Did Bracken mess up or what, now they have in their county 3 head coaches. Augusta has 2 head varsity boys basketball coaches and Bracken has a coach with no varsity boys experience, but a heck of a head varsity girls softball coach. Great job Bracken let's see how this pans out for you guys.

 

It isn't hard to figure, Bracken only interviewed certified applicants and Hinson isn't. You have me confused, you say Bracken messed up by not hiring Hinson, I thought you was a big coach Miles supporter.:confused:

And I'm surprised this great coach Miles wasn't considered by Augusta , to take over at the helm.

I think you have to put in for a position to be considered and I seriously doubt this Coach Miles put in for the Augusta job. This job was not even posted , this was done internally from what I hear. Great hire!

From what I heard that Miles was certain he had the job at Bracken, but in the end found out he didn't get the job. I doubt he would have applied at Augusta anyway.

The coaching career of young Coach Hinson has had some strange twists and turns. Starts out in the Bracken County system, then its onto Deming as JV Coach, then St. Patrick as head coach, now onto Augusta as an Associate Coach. Hopefully he will stay at Augusta like Coach Kelsch for stability sake. Anyone know how the freshman class and middle school teams have looked? Are there good classes coming up?

The coaching career of young Coach Hinson has had some strange twists and turns. Starts out in the Bracken County system, then its onto Deming as JV Coach, then St. Patrick as head coach, now onto Augusta as an Associate Coach. Hopefully he will stay at Augusta like Coach Kelsch for stability sake. Anyone know how the freshman class and middle school teams have looked? Are there good classes coming up?

 

Most coaches do have twists and turns when coaching , Not everyone is lucky as Charlie Coles.. Why is that so strange and twisted, and why do you not like him so much,

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.