Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Subs/Amp

Featured Replies

I'm not familiar with that.. what exactly is it for?

 

A capacitor is basically a small battery. It stores power from your car battery, so when your subs hit, it doesn't pull that extra power from the actual battery, it pulls it from the capacitor. If you've ever seen someone's lights dim when their subs hit, it's because they don't have a cap.

 

If you REALLY want to help out your car, the next time it's time for a new battery, by an Optima Yellow Top battery. They are great for car audio.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got JL's come on.

 

It's not all about the bass... If your components are crap, having bass is no good playa.

A capacitor is basically a small battery. It stores power from your car battery, so when your subs hit, it doesn't pull that extra power from the actual battery, it pulls it from the capacitor. If you've ever seen someone's lights dim when their subs hit, it's because they don't have a cap.

 

If you REALLY want to help out your car, the next time it's time for a new batter, by an Optima Yellow Top battery. They are great for car audio.

 

Mine does that, I planned on getting one but never got around to it and don't wanna put anymore money in it. It's pretty annoying.

It's not all about the bass... If your components are crap, having bass is no good playa.

 

I got Memphis speakers all through my car on the inside, they rock too. :D

Also, I suggest you get a capacitor, especially if you get anything larger than 10's...

 

 

Waste of money.

A capacitor is basically a small battery. It stores power from your car battery, so when your subs hit, it doesn't pull that extra power from the actual battery, it pulls it from the capacitor. If you've ever seen someone's lights dim when their subs hit, it's because they don't have a cap.

 

If you REALLY want to help out your car, the next time it's time for a new battery, by an Optima Yellow Top battery. They are great for car audio.

 

Great advice, TD. Also, don't skimp on wiring. For something in the size you are looking at, I would go with a minumum of 12 guage, but probably 8 guage wire. An in line fuse would also be a good investment. A 40 or 60 amp would work.

Great advice, TD. Also, don't skimp on wiring. For something in the size you are looking at, I would go with a minumum of 12 guage, but probably 8 guage wire. An in line fuse would also be a good investment. A 40 or 60 amp would work.

 

Definitely agree about the wiring... I have 4-gauge power and ground wires.

Waste of money.

 

How?

Definitely agree about the wiring... I have 4-gauge power and ground wires.

 

When I had my comp. system in my truck, I ran 4 gauge hot and ground, and 8 gauge speaker wire.

Just have someone run it for you. :lol: I got 4 as well.

No joke. I ran all of my own stuff, and it was a pain in the rear.

 

I ran my stuff in my old car, but when I got the new one, I took it to my buddy's shop and let them do it.

How?

 

 

They stress your charging system more than they help.

 

1,000 watts needs 0 or 2 gauge.

 

Also run 0 gauge(or biggest that will fit) from battery to alternator, and 0 gauge on all grounds(battery alt to block)

 

 

Read here on wiring and caps - http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152355

Unless you have a ridiculous amount of power running, there's no need to wire to your alternator and engine block...JMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.