Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Subs/Amp

Featured Replies

I'm looking at a few different things, but I'm planning on putting Subs with an amp in my car any suggestions?

  • Replies 56
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How big are you wanting to go and much much are you wanting to spend? There are so many possibilties. I have 3 JL 12w3's but my amp is garbage, I'm to old to keep putting money into stuff like that anymore so I have just left it the way it is.

  • Author

The smallest i want is two 12". JL's are exspensive though aren't they? I was thinking two Alpine Type-S's or Eclipse's with a good amp. Looking to spend around 400 to 600 dollars.

Personally, I am not much on Alpine speakers. JL is a very nice brand. Have you checked out Crutchfield? You may be able to find some good deals on there.

  • Author

I got good speakers, I just need some subs so I don't ruin them.

When you get your subs and amp set up, I would also look at some sort of crossover device, or bass blockers, so that you don't blow your component speakers.

Yeah, not a bad one at all. Do you want to keep some storage room, or is it a problem if the box pretty much fills it up? One thing you have to look at is what kind of cubic air space the speakers need. I know that different speakers require different size enclosures. I had some Polk DBs once that took less than 1 cubic foot of space each. Also, you need to decide if you are going to port your boxes or not.

  • Author
Yeah, not a bad one at all. Do you want to keep some storage room, or is it a problem if the box pretty much fills it up? One thing you have to look at is what kind of cubic air space the speakers need. I know that different speakers require different size enclosures. I had some Polk DBs once that took less than 1 cubic foot of space each. Also, you need to decide if you are going to port your boxes or not.

 

I'm not going to deal with that, I will have the place install it. I'm in the NKY area so I'm going to go to Audio Works and look there.

I'm not going to deal with that, I will have the place install it. I'm in the NKY area so I'm going to go to Audio Works and look there.

 

Too bad you aren't in the Ashland are. I know a great place here. (Of course, I would be available for the install, lol).

Or this amp - http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_11&products_id=6 - its $355

 

 

Go here and shop and read - http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=products_all

 

 

 

They sale top notch stuff, even though most have never heard of it and Sundown, SSA, all those companies are smaller and have EXCELLENT customer service.

 

Also look here for subs - /www.ficaraudio.com

 

Crunch Ground Pounder Class D amps are good for their money too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.