Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All 2000-2009 UK Team

Featured Replies

If you had to come up with the top 5 by position players of the 2000 - 2009 seasons for UK who would you take? There are not as many studs out there as in the 90's, but still some solid picks. What does everyone think?

 

My list would look like this.

 

PG: Rajon Rondo

SG: Keith Bogans

SF: Tayshan Prince

PF: Chuck Hayes

C: Patrick Patterson

  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Cliff Hawkins (I liked him a little better in college, not sure why maybe because I like shooters.

2. Jodie Meeks/Gerald Fitch/Bogans (I like Meeks a lot better with a surrounding cast)

3. Tayshaun Prince

4. Chuck Hayes/Eric Daniels (Chuck first, but I still loved Eric)

5. PP/Marquise Estil

PG- Rajon Rondo (one of the best true point guards in college basketball those 2 years he was here)

SG- Keith Bogans/Jodie Meeks/Gerald Fitch (toss up to me, but if I had to choose, it would be in this order)

SF- Tayshaun Prince (greatest player of this list)

PF- Chuck Hays (ultimate UK player, fan favorite, everyone loved this guy)

C- Patrick Patterson (great talent, great hustle, overall a very very good player)

PG - Cliff Hawkins

SG - Keith Bogans

SF - Tayshaun Prince

PF - Chuck Hayes

C - Marquise Estill

 

2nd Team

 

PG- Rondo

SG - Fitch

SF - Azubuike

SF/PF - Erik Daniels

C- Patterson

First team

Pg- Fitch

Sg- Meeks

Sf- Prince

Pf- Hayes

C- Estill

 

Second Team

Pg- Hawkins

Sg- Bogans

Sf- Azubuike

Pf- Daniels

C- Patterson

PG- Rajon Rondo (one of the best true point guards in college basketball those 2 years he was here)

SG- Keith Bogans/Jodie Meeks/Gerald Fitch (toss up to me, but if I had to choose, it would be in this order)

SF- Tayshaun Prince (greatest player of this list)

PF- Chuck Hays (ultimate UK player, fan favorite, everyone loved this guy)

C- Patrick Patterson (great talent, great hustle, overall a very very good player)

 

His freshman year he played like one of the best true point guards. However I would have to argue that he did that his second year. First year he bought into the system, second year not so much. Talent wise he was the best pg this decade, however production wise he was not IMO.

PG - Cliff Hawkins

SG - Keith Bogans

SF - Tayshaun Prince

PF - Chuck Hayes

C - Marquise Estill

 

2nd Team

 

PG- Rondo

SG - Fitch

SF - Azubuike

SF/PF - Erik Daniels

C- Patterson

 

Your second team would beat your first team.

Your second team would beat your first team.

 

 

 

Based on?....

1. Cliff Hawkins (I liked him a little better in college, not sure why maybe because I like shooters.

2. Jodie Meeks/Gerald Fitch/Bogans (I like Meeks a lot better with a surrounding cast)

3. Tayshaun Prince

4. Chuck Hayes/Eric Daniels (Chuck first, but I still loved Eric)

5. PP/Marquise Estil

 

I don't recall Hawkins being a shooter...

Based on?....

 

My opinion:D:D:D

I don't recall Hawkins being a shooter...

 

I recall him being exactly what he was a PG, And a dang good one at that, Very good defender, But not a great shooter. Although he improved a lot going into his senior year

My opinion:D:D:D

 

:isurrender:

If you had to come up with the top 5 by position players of the 2000 - 2009 seasons for UK who would you take? There are not as many studs out there as in the 90's, but still some solid picks. What does everyone think?

 

My list would look like this.

 

PG: Rajon Rondo

SG: Keith Bogans

SF: Tayshan Prince

PF: Chuck Hayes

C: Patrick Patterson

This is a bit tougher than the 90's, but I think you have the right five here.

 

Closely behind would include Gerald Fitch, Eric Daniels, Kelena Azibuike, and Jodie Meeks. I could see Jodie Meeks moving up to the first team with a productive senior season

1. Cliff Hawkins (I liked him a little better in college, not sure why maybe because I like shooters.

2. Jodie Meeks/Gerald Fitch/Bogans (I like Meeks a lot better with a surrounding cast)

3. Tayshaun Prince

4. Chuck Hayes/Eric Daniels (Chuck first, but I still loved Eric)

5. PP/Marquise Estil

 

:thumb:

Bogans was a great talent, but did not do for the team what Meeks and Fitch did IMO.

:thumb:

Bogans was a great talent, but did not do for the team what Meeks and Fitch did IMO.

 

He was Hurt in the biggest game he could have ever played...:confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.