Ky Kids playing AAU basketball this summer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexington ICE have won state AAU 2 of last 3 years (13u, 15u).

Fucci - Tates Creeek

Wilder - Henry Clay

Keisling - Henry Clay

Barnett - LCA

Helton - LCA

Haggin - Sayre

Shotwell - SC

Purvis - GRC

He goes to the Dr tomorrow, hopefully he will be cleared to start playing ball again. He missed all this past year with a tore ACL. Heard he was playing with the DC team with Robbie Stenzel.

Had a chance to catch some of the games at the Eddie Ford Grassroots Shootout. Some good talent there as well.

Shining Stars (McFarland) looked like a really good basketball team. Josh Sewell (trinity) who can jump out of the gym, and Chad Jackson (Scott County) can really play. That team will be good.

Indy Elite u16 player Chris Harrison is a straight up ball player. He scored the basketball at will against u16 Shining stars. They also have two 7 footers and a 6'10" guy that can just flush it.

Shining Stars u16 player Scott Schuette (Lex Cath) is a really good player. Great shooter.The Mason County PG was also a very solid player, good handles and nice shot.

The NKY Bulldogs have 3 kids that looked really good. Bobby Stauffer who is a Ryle kid appears to enjoy the battle in the paint (scoring, rebounding, defending). Matt Trammel, a Dixie Heights player, appears to score at will. Another kid that I saw was Jake Flesch from Connor Highschool in Northern Kentucky. This kid is a great defender, quick, and can score as well.

Lastly, I saw a kid for a team called the Western Kentucky Elite. A kid that scored near 35 or 40 points in a game. He was about 6'5" and was dunking with relative ease. I dont know his name, but his number was 33. Anyone know this kid?

Thats my update from the Eddie Ford Tournament in Louisville. Great tournament!

Had a chance to catch some of the games at the Eddie Ford Grassroots Shootout. Some good talent there as well.

Shining Stars (McFarland) looked like a really good basketball team. Josh Sewell (trinity) who can jump out of the gym, and Chad Jackson (Scott County) can really play. That team will be good.

Indy Elite u16 player Chris Harrison is a straight up ball player. He scored the basketball at will against u16 Shining stars. They also have two 7 footers and a 6'10" guy that can just flush it.

Shining Stars u16 player Scott Schuette (Lex Cath) is a really good player. Great shooter.The Mason County PG was also a very solid player, good handles and nice shot.

The NKY Bulldogs have 3 kids that looked really good. Bobby Stauffer who is a Ryle kid appears to enjoy the battle in the paint (scoring, rebounding, defending). Matt Trammel, a Dixie Heights player, appears to score at will. Another kid that I saw was Jake Flesch from Connor Highschool in Northern Kentucky. This kid is a great defender, quick, and can score as well.

Lastly, I saw a kid for a team called the Western Kentucky Elite. A kid that scored near 35 or 40 points in a game. He was about 6'5" and was dunking with relative ease. I dont know his name, but his number was 33. Anyone know this kid?

I believe that is Vinny Zollo of GRC.

I believe that is Vinny Zollo of GRC.

Yeah. Zollo played up. He played in the U17 division for the Indy Elite. The 6'10" kid, Deng Leak, played good.

Does anyone know the kid #33 for the Western Kentucky Elite. Or, any kids from that team?

Yeah. Zollo played up. He played in the U17 division for the Indy Elite. The 6'10" kid, Deng Leak, played good.

Does anyone know the kid #33 for the Western Kentucky Elite. Or, any kids from that team?

Thanks I knew he played for them, didn't know he was playing up.

I will ask him tomorrow at school and see if he knows who the kid is.

I saw Bulldogs 2 games at Shootout and they have two really nice players in Trammel and Stauffer. Trammel is nice PG but when he is out of the game they struggle with ballhandling. Trammel and Stauffer need to be playing somewhere else. They would be better served playing with one of the better programs.

Shining Star 17's McFarland was runner up to an Indy Elite team in the 17's. Shining Star Pittman 16's won the 16 & Under beating Charlotte Court by about 15 in the finals. Shining Star 15's finished runner up to Team Southern Indiana losing by 2 in the finals in overtime.

Shining Star McFarland just ran out of gas against a very good Indy Elite team. They had a couple of players in street clothes on the bench and might have needed that depth in the 3 games in one day format.

Shining Star Pittman handled Charlotte Court pretty easily in the finals. Charlotte Court had a pretty thin bench. Shining Star had great guard play from Gilbert, Smith ,Schuette all weekend

If I am not mistaken both Stauffer and Trammel played for the Shining Stars last year and chose to leave. They have been making alot of noise for themselves since they are no longer buried under a large roster. I wouldn't be suprised to see their Bulldog team really start producing this season. In addition to Trammel and Stauffer, they also have Jacob Flesch (who put up 20 against WKY Elite) and the 6'7" Hodges kid.

I did get see the Shining Starrs U16 play a couple of games and I was very impressed with Gilbert and Schuette. These kids can ball and really carry this team.

Team KY did a good job at the Bearcat Classic this weekend at UC, still building the team though, Blake Bryan returned to the roster from last year. We still have our 6'8" player from Ohio out for about another week, as well as another returning player from last year.

DSAS 16 U won the silver division, beating the team from Muncie IN who beat out Team KY by a couple of points. DSAS 17 U were in the gold finals.

If I am not mistaken both Stauffer and Trammel played for the Shining Stars last year and chose to leave. They have been making alot of noise for themselves since they are no longer buried under a large roster. I wouldn't be suprised to see their Bulldog team really start producing this season. In addition to Trammel and Stauffer, they also have Jacob Flesch (who put up 20 against WKY Elite) and the 6'7" Hodges kid.

I did get see the Shining Starrs U16 play a couple of games and I was very impressed with Gilbert and Schuette. These kids can ball and really carry this team.

Lets see how that works out for them. They go 2-2 in a very weak Cinti Knights tourney and do not advance past the quarters in this tourney. They really only drew one of the elite teams in this tourney in one of the Indy Elite teams and did not fare well.

So far the only person touting the Bulldogs as elite is Handy Manny????

Bulldogs have 3 players who played varsity ball exclusively last season and the rest are very solid JV players. Some of them will have the opportunity to be solid varsity players next season.

Just my opinion but the way to get noticed is to play with the best players against the best teams with organizations like Shining Star, Derek Smith, Team Kentucky. Gp deep in tournaments and the recognition will come.

Team KY did a good job at the Bearcat Classic this weekend at UC, still building the team though, Blake Bryan returned to the roster from last year. We still have our 6'8" player from Ohio out for about another week, as well as another returning player from last year.

DSAS 16 U won the silver division, beating the team from Muncie IN who beat out Team KY by a couple of points. DSAS 17 U were in the gold finals.

How did Bryan do over the weekend?

I think Charlotte Court would disagree about the level of talent in the Cincy Knight tournament, but that is beside the point. The Shining Stars just won the Grassroots shootout, but do you honestly think that anyone knows mroe than two or three players from this team? So what good is it doing players 8 -11? The bottom line is, if you want to get noticed, the individual must play well consistantly. I agree that it is important to win games and go deep in tournaments, but the Buldlogs are capable of doing this. After all, most of this team was asked to play for the Shining Stars this year, but chose not too. I know these kids. They are all from NKY and they CAN play ball. You do not have to play for a large organization to get noticed, but it seems that the large organizations want you to think that. Just ask the KY Players. Who are they and who do they have?